Baht likely to fall to 36.75 baht per US dollar at year-end

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blablablablablabla..

The reality is that Thai economy is going down the drain. It is not because of the rise of the dollar.

Today I heard from suppliers that the reason that prices went up (exanple from 18 THB to 45 THB /pc) were due to the rise of the Chinese Dollar... Now we start to import supplies for ourselves and don't give a $#!t about our lying supplier.

Thailand is living on a giant soap bubble. It is what I already said in 2010 !!!

I predict a dollar rate of at least 39 THB on the dollar before this year ends... Prove me that I am wrong !!!

hmmmmm....... unsure.png

post-35218-0-43043200-1442569015_thumb.j

Blablablablablabla..

The reality is that Thai economy is going down the drain. It is not because of the rise of the dollar.

Today I heard from suppliers that the reason that prices went up (exanple from 18 THB to 45 THB /pc) were due to the rise of the Chinese Dollar... Now we start to import supplies for ourselves and don't give a $#!t about our lying supplier.

Thailand is living on a giant soap bubble. It is what I already said in 2010 !!!

I predict a dollar rate of at least 39 THB on the dollar before this year ends... Prove me that I am wrong !!!

hmmmmm....... unsure.png

Wow you would think the Fed made an announcement today. What a shock. whistling.gif

Edited by lostoday

Jury still out there. USA economy improving but not great. The employment gains really not up to expectation. There really no inflation at the moment and a strong dollar is bad for the exporters at time when other competing countries have a weak currency and global demand is still very soft. Doubt September and possibly kick the can to next year.

Almost certainly will raise this month. 25 basis points, from nearly zero for years now, won't even be noticed and is long overdue. Even if they raised it 50 basis points, which they won't...it would still be historically very low. A hike will bring some stability back to the markets and also prepare for further rate hikes next year. Then watch the baht crumble!

wai2.gif

Good call.

Waaah...I want my candy back! passifier.gif

Blablablablablabla..

hmmmmm....... unsure.png

attachicon.gifTHB.jpg

Do you have a copy of a post you made in 2010 regards to the Thai 'soap bubble'? That would be impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

had a financial advisor told me that, currencies is hard to predict so just exchange USD into Baht every once awhile instead of all at once. like it's currently at 36.44, just exchange your USD into segments and spread them out, maybe exchange some now, some a month later etc. so if bhat depreciates then you can exchange more later, if it appreciates then you don't get hit that hard if you exhcnage all the USD now

Blablablablablabla..

hmmmmm....... unsure.png

attachicon.gifTHB.jpg

Do you have a copy of a post you made in 2010 regards to the Thai 'soap bubble'? That would be impressive.

What bearing would a forecast made in 2010 have to do with what's happening five years later?

• 2 months later...

stevern

It's because everyone is happy!

If only this were true - the SET is only reacting to its recent crash - there are some real bargains out there now (if you're prepared to wait a year or so) courtesy of junta-head and his economic skills.

All my investments are now long-term.

As I was reading this the Baht has STRENGTHENED to 35.85 against the dollar! Can anyone explain this and the 32 point jump in the stock market?

That is a bit of a surprise. The market works in mysterious ways.

It's a roll of the dice...spin of the wheel....flip of a coin....etc.

As I was reading this the Baht has STRENGTHENED to 35.85 against the dollar! Can anyone explain this and the 32 point jump in the stock market?

That is a bit of a surprise. The market works in mysterious ways.

Institutional investors were the only buyers, at 5.8 billion baht. Foreign investors sold a net 3.24 billion baht, followed by small investors (1.94 billion) and brokers (622.80 million).

Chinese interests are behind many big holders of the Baht. It's currently in China's interests to keep the Baht fairly high, so it they will try and hold it reasonably steady as long as they can.

What do you mean? The baht is currently weaker to the yuan than its ever been. 2 years ago we could buy yuan for 5 baht now its about 5.6.

Chinese interests are behind many big holders of the Baht. It's currently in China's interests to keep the Baht fairly high, so it they will try and hold it reasonably steady as long as they can.

it's always a big advantage to get facts from insiders and currency exburts thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow, Dec 31, 2015 will need to be one hell of a day to make true some of the above prognostications.

E Currency Converter
Read important information about the THB. 1.00 USD = 36.0459 THB US Dollar Thai Baht 1 USD = 36.0459 THB 1 THB = 0.0277424 USD Convert againTHBUSD.pngView ChartMid-market rates: 2015-12-30 14:55 UTC