Renewal Of Retirement Visa/Multiple Entry

eljuwa

Hello Forum Members

Last time that I posted this topic was January 2015.

My renewal for another year of my Retirement Visa and Multiple Entry Visa is coming up in January 2016.

I asked another American friend of mine to go to the Thai Immigration Office near the CNX Airport. He went there and he was re-directed to the NEW Thai Immigration Office at the Promenade Shopping Center. He tells me that the new Promendade Thai Immigration Office - opened in July 2015.

I wish to ask all of you Forum Members the following questions re: your experience with the new Promenade Shopping Center - Thai Immigration Office.

(1) I used to go around 5 AM to the Old Thai Immigration Office near the airport. Wait until 8 AM when they give out the numbers. Then, I will get my one year retirement visa renewed. After that is done and copies made of the aforementioned renewed Retirement Visa and I will (go back to the office) get my Multiple Entry Visa - towards the late morning of the same day. Normally, everything done by 11 AM the latest. Same day.

(2) My American friend tells me that the new Promendade Office takes only 10 applicants in the morning and 10 applicants in the afternoon session. A total of 20 applicants only for the morning session and the afternoon session at the new Thai Immigration Office - COMBINED. This sounds absurd because there are more than 20 applicants by 8 AM under the old system at the old location. On any given day at the Old Thai Immigration Office near the CNX Airport.

So, what is your take in this matter..??

(3) My friend has opted to go with an outside CNX Thai Visa handling operation. I do not want to do that. I want to handle my own Visa Applications. What is different now that the Thai Immigration has moved to the Promenade Shopping Center ??

(4) I am not interested in the 90 day reporting system at the Promenade Office - only the one year retirement visa and the multiple entry visa.

(5) Lastly, does Thai Immigration in Chiang Mai still accept fixed appointments for the renewal of multiple entry visas. If so, how do I make that appointment ??

Thanks very much - Forum Members.

Please respond.

Best regards

James

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal and all caps removed from topic title.

Nancy

Thanks for your input.

I still wish to have my questions answered as posed by me in my start of this new topic.

The responses were good under the old topic.

Did not answer my queries.

Thanks anyway

I'm sorry, but for those who don't wish to do internet research, then I suggest they hire visa agents.

I don't mean this in a negative or snarky way, but some people like to spend the time looking thru websites and educating themselves and others want to have everything done for them and life made convenient. There is nothing wrong with either approach.

Edited by NancyL