Thai police reveal identity of Bangkok bombing mastermind - pursuit underway

webfact

Police reveal identity of bomb mastermind; pursuit underway

pol.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 September 2015 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Police have been able to identify the individual who orchestrated the twin bombings in Bangkok and are urgently tracking him down.

In his capacity as chief of the investigative team probing the explosions at Ratchaprasong Intersection and Sathorn Pier, Deputy National Police Chief Police General Jakthip Chaijinda announced that the suspect known as Isan has been officially identified as Abudusataer Abudureheman. He is believed to be a leading member of the network responsible for the bomb attacks.

According to intelligence reports, Isan has already fled to Bangladesh. Pol Gen Jakthip said the Thai police are attempting to pursue the fugitive and pinpoint his whereabouts through coordination with international counterparts and the Bangladeshi government.

As for the man in a yellow shirt who was seen on CCTV placing a bomb at the Erawan Shrine, Pol Gen Jakthip expressed confidence that ongoing investigations will lead to his arrest eventually.

Meanwhile, the Min Buri Provincial Court has approved the detention of Mr Yusufu Mieraili, the second bomb suspect arrested by police. Bail was not granted to the suspect as he has a known tendency to jump bail. Further interrogation is pending.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-10 footer_n.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘Mastermind’ of Bangkok bombing fled Thailand before blast
Al Jazeera

According to police sources, a man named Izan who fled before the bombing was a key player in the Erawan Shrine attack

BANGKOK: -- The suspected mastermind of Thailand's deadliest bomb attack fled the country on the eve of the blast at the Erawan Shrine last month and others wanted by police are most likely overseas, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Under police interrogation, one of two foreigners in detention admitted to delivering a backpack to the bomber at Bangkok's main railway station on the evening of the Aug. 17 attack, police told reporters.

The suspect told interrogators the backpack “was heavy and it was a bomb,” said Thai police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri. That suspect has been identified by police as Yusufu Mierili. Mierili — whom police have also identified as Yusufu Mieraili — was arrested Sept. 1 at the Thai-Cambodia border. His nationality has not been confirmed but police say he was carrying a Chinese passport. Yusufu is the Chinese pronunciation of the Arabic-language common Muslim name Yusuf.

Police believe the bomber is the yellow-shirted man still at large and caught by surveillance camera placing a backpack at the Hindu shrine moments before the explosion that killed 20 people and wounded 130.

“The suspect insisted he didn't know what was in the bag,” said one of the sources involved in the investigation.

The man being questioned, according to another police source, talked of a lead role played by a man named Izan, who had fled via Bangkok's main airport a day before the attack. He had assigned responsibilities during a meeting of those involved.

Full story: http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/9/9/bangkok-blast-suspect-handed-backpack-to-bomber-police-say.html

-- AL JAZEERA 2015-09-10

Still nothing about the motive. Did they bother to ask the suspects? Because of the Uygurs, the Rohingya, the Farangs, another group being maltreated? Or just for the kick?

Means and opportunity are clear. What's the motive, please???

This is a very interesting point and clearly sitting front and foremost in peoples minds.

So far we understand that there have been various participants who (we have been told) don't know each other.

Its very much a 'usual suspects' type scenario

So who would use cut outs and his a mixed bag of terrorists to plant this bomb?

Great investigative work: releasing the name of suspects not yet arrested! blink.png

Yu'p yet another master stroke, by the BIB geniuses' they should get another 3 million reward for that huh? and another 3 million when the job's finally done and stuff what the people think, stuff what the international world thinks also.

It's ok Thailand is special and police get rewards for doing the job their are already paid to do and the world just don't understand uswai2.gif

Turkish, Chinese , now Bangladesh ?

So what's the connection ?

Admitted to carrying the bag but did not know what was in it ? Yet part of some network ?

If you ask me, too many things do not add up

Do you really need to have the connection pointed out?

Think religion.

Admitted to carrying the bag but did not know what was in it ? Yet part of some network ?

British, French, German, American, Canadian, what's the connection IS that's the connection so maybe turkish, Chinese, Bangladesh same same

These guys seem to be all Uighurs but the government dismisses out of hand this was sn act of terrorism to revenge the repatriation of 109 Uighurs. They could have been idealistic people smugglers getting Uighurs out of China who diverted their network to terrorism out of anger with the Thai government. None of Thai military/police Linked Rohingya smugglers would have had a motive. They are pure criminals in it for money only and wouldn't blow up their own business.

Think religion.

Have you heard of Bangladeshi terror groups ? I have not

British, French, German, American, Canadian, what's the connection IS that's the connection so maybe turkish, Chinese, Bangladesh same same

Is that your expert opinion? Because last time I checked IS did not have a problem claiming responsibility

Think religion.

Neither have you heard the word 'caliphate' either, presumably.

Yea know everyone is looking for the motive ot asking what the motive was. That is very simple. These are mulsums or islamists. So if you can not figure it out then here it is TERRORISM

So it was those damned Mulsums!

The mind-boggling Thai police has the mastermind's identity and right where they want him...In hiding...

There was another terror attack where the whole world knew the masterminds name, took 10 years to find him. Other countries do it, what's so wrong with the Thais doing it?

Having a name out there alerts more people to him, it can increase the chance of finding him too.

Think religion.

Funny you say this, a Bangladeshi friend was talking about the ppl that killed the bloggers there. He says they're extremists that support the same ideology. Unsure of any affiliation, but they seem to be from the same ilk.

Think religion.

Neither have you heard the word 'caliphate' either, presumably.

More rubbish. Try to stick with the program instead of going on wild delusion trips

Think religion.

Funny you say this, a Bangladeshi friend was talking about the ppl that killed the bloggers there. He says they're extremists that support the same ideology. Unsure of any affiliation, but they seem to be from the same ilk.

In Bangladesh yes, but there has not been any international attacks including or masterminded by Bangladeshi

Yusufu Mierili is lying. He is the bomber in the yellow shirt. He is just trying to avoid death penalty.

This is thailand, why would he get the death penalty? There was no mention that illegal drugs were involved. In fact, he'll probably be free in 7 or 8 years - years before the section 112 offenders get released

Edited by Time Traveller