Thai police reveal identity of Bangkok bombing mastermind - pursuit underway

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He is believed to be a leading member of the network responsible for the bomb attacks."

And they're still not calling it an act of terrorism?

Making a statement that a terrorist act has occurred within your borders has a whole load of unseen ramifications, particularly with foreign businesses already in Thailand and their investors. It also kicks you into the leagues of countries with piss poor security that triggers foreign governments to issue travel advisories. This impacts security arrangements with countries that have direct flights to/from Thailand with tourism only being one facet of air travel affected. Commercial freight by air and sea gets reviewed which means more rules and more delays and higher costs and less commercial attractiveness. To claim terrorists are active in your country isn't to be taken lightly.

What ever you lot do, get the basaaad...

Anybody that makes Thailand worse for the millions of people including me that go there to enjoy the place, and the people, should spend a lot of time in one of those fine Thail jails or prisons. I would even go visit the person to see how they are doing. Maybe put some money in the jail prison shop store so they can get some food and stay a live a bit longer to enjoy all the comforts the prison provides. I really don't like people that blatantly kill innocents. Any place that gets me to spend money to go over one dozen times and endure 20 hours of plane and travel time to get there is aces in my book.

Great investigative work: releasing the name of suspects not yet arrested! blink.png

In this particular case that was right.

The suspect knew already that he will be chased after his people in jail. Somebody in Thailand, and in other countries, may recognize the name and whereabouts of this guy. Probably, his picture and name is circulating now in airports and foreign police quarters. Will be not easy to get this guy and the other one in Turkey with the Thai girl. That kind of people can get fake passports and change identity very easy. They can be in any country at this time. I feel sorry for the Thai girl, if she didn't knew about her friends activities.

Turkish, Chinese , now Bangladesh ?

So what's the connection ?

Admitted to carrying the bag but did not know what was in it ? Yet part of some network ?

If you ask me, too many things do not add up

British, French, German, American, Canadian, what's the connection IS that's the connection so maybe turkish, Chinese, Bangladesh same same
Is that your expert opinion? Because last time I checked IS did not have a problem claiming responsibility

Sure I said maybe in my post there are IS supporters all over the world not all claim responsibility expert no but seen enough to convince me.

The BBC is showing a clip of the suspect re-enacting him handing over the bag containing the bomb to the supposed actual bomber.

What about handing over a bag don't the BIB understand so need a re-enactment ?

Oh yes, all that lovely publicity.

Admitted to carrying the bag but did not know what was in it ? Yet part of some network ?

Do you really need to have the connection pointed out?

Think religion.

Not religion. Think Nato/USA. Think the Arab Spring. Think Globalism. Think Dubai. But don't get diverted.

Thai police are attempting to pursue the fugitive and pinpoint his whereabouts

...in a "Benny Hill" kind of way...wub.png

Not long and we will have another bombing newsflash that contains the phrases "lure in" and "hub of" along with a pretty fingerpointing photo... Yawn.. it all is so boringly predictable... coffee1.gif

Think religion.

In other words, stop trying to make sense out of nonsense.

He gave the black backpack bomb to the yellow shirt, apparently after carrying it to Lumphini on his back, then under instruction from the mastermind Isac or whatever his name is he exchanged back packs with yellow shirt then went to a position close to the shrine to film the impact, however deciding not to as his view was blocked.

His view was blocked from filming the bombing and he did not know it was a bomb in the back pack!!!!??? yeh sure.

He admitted to buying materials from shops and on the internet to make a bomb.

He has some sort of university training in chemical engineering.

According to BK post he is officially an east turkic moselim and citizen of China.

Another news thread this morning says that the master mind is also Chinese and from the same region as Yussuf. Uighers??? I think obvious.

The mastermind is supposed to have made a post on facebook of a Uighur girls screams while being deported from Thailand, apparently posted to suspects involved. Interesting??? anyone on facebook seen this.

Yussuf has a bail jumping tendency--- wonder where he got that from ??????????? Apparently wanted in China ???

The back pack with no DNA of Yussuf on it!!! amazing he carried it to Lumphini on his back and exchanged it with the bomber and it does not have any of Yussufs DNA on it but has DNA of the Yellow shirted man after being blown to shredds.

Now I wonder if they ever found the exchange back pack.?

After the investigation police said they had no trace of the bombing materials or DNA and some quotes in later articles suggested a solvent included in the bomb which destroyed evidence.

The identikit picture --- wasn't this put together from the tuk tuk driver and motorbike Taxi--- Yussuf was transported to Lumphini by Tuk tuk and must have had transport to the bomb site, he would also have been carrying the exchange back pack.

So the identikit likeness is probably Yussuf the hair looks the same and the face similar, so maybe if the yellow shirt is not Yussuf then the identikit picture most likely is of him.

There might be a second yellow shirted man, his name maybe Richard Kimble, or he may truely exist.

Which ever way Ussuf may be telling loads of porkies.

If the mastermind who may be the second Chinese Uighur is caught this will get more interesting.

Srtangely also, not a word from the Taxi men who could ID the suspect and who helped with the identikit picture of yellow man.

I was waiting to hear the reason beyon this terror action?

This is the most awaited question that public needs to know, why they did this??

In my personal view, I do agree with some comments in above that very possible to be a revenge action by Ugur smugglers group,

but we still need to hear it clearly announced by Thai authority,

Bombing mastermind escaped to Bangladesh on Chinese passport, say police
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- The man police believe masterminded last month's deadly Bangkok bombing fled to Bangladesh the day before the attack and traveled on a Chinese passport, officials said yesterday.

The man emerged as a key suspect in the Aug. 17 bombing following interrogation this week of one of two foreigners being held, who police say admitted to giving a backpack with explosives to a man they are certain was the bomber.

The suspect told police a man called "Izan" played a lead role and assigned responsibilities to others plotters during a Bangkok meeting.

"This man called Izan - and I don't know if this is his real name - is a very important person in this network," deputy police chief Chakthip Chaijinda told Reuters.

"I don't know what his nationality is ... Let's just say Izan is one of the foremost wanted individuals."

No group has claimed responsibility for the blast at the Erawan Shrine, a tourist attraction close to hotels and shopping malls. Twenty people were killed, including 14 foreign tourists.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/09/10/bombing-mastermind-escaped-bangladesh-chinese-passport-say-police

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-09-10

If the Thai police obtain his identity it was done by the International intelligence partners. Goes to show you that if Thailand had work with these agencies from the moment of the blasts then what they have now would have developed sooner. But "face" is more important.

What if, what if, what if and if only we had the picture of the puzzle, it would have been so much easier to put it all together. Xray vision like Superman would always help too.

Edited by silent

attachicon.gif11990460_1642097442726988_8268801414047968583_n.jpg so whats the story behind this photo ..... sure the guy in the white shirt is our old friend ..... now just whats his name

Talk about trying to encite conspiracy...blatent photoshop work.

Yup gotta wonder what might constitute criminal negligence or obstruction in Thailand. Their lawyers otta have a field day by the time it comes up for mistrial.

Edited by silent

If the Thai police obtain his identity it was done by the International intelligence partners. Goes to show you that if Thailand had work with these agencies from the moment of the blasts then what they have now would have developed sooner. But "face" is more important.

How do we know they haven't been receiving help?

"He is believed to be a leading member of the network responsible for the bomb attacks."

And they're still not calling it an act of terrorism?

Making a statement that a terrorist act has occurred within your borders has a whole load of unseen ramifications, particularly with foreign businesses already in Thailand and their investors. It also kicks you into the leagues of countries with piss poor security that triggers foreign governments to issue travel advisories. This impacts security arrangements with countries that have direct flights to/from Thailand with tourism only being one facet of air travel affected. Commercial freight by air and sea gets reviewed which means more rules and more delays and higher costs and less commercial attractiveness. To claim terrorists are active in your country isn't to be taken lightly.

Interesting, also interesting is a article in the Bangkok Post about a Thai policeman that fired a rocket grenade into army building on Cambodian Sa Kaew border in 2010.

He has been convicted and one of the charges was terrorism.

So Chinese Uighurs can come to Thailand blow up a shrine, be involved in bomb making and it seems people smuggling and narcotics manufacture and by blowing up 2 bombs and killing and maiming people they are not terrorists!!!

Neither are the immigration police guilty of aiding and abbeting people smuggling and terrorism.

Think religion.

Have you heard of Bangladeshi terror groups ? I have not

Then you don't pay attention

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Bangladesh_anti-Hindu_violence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Bangladesh_anti-Hindu_violence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen_Bangladesh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagrata_Muslim_Janata_Bangladesh

'Bail was not granted to the suspect as he has a known tendency to jump bail.' A known tendency? An interesting choice of words. He is presumably known to at least one police force, then.

Just what I said , it was reported earlier on that he was wanted in China??

And what mentality would even consider offering bail to a merciless maniac terrorist.

Think religion.

Have you heard of Bangladeshi terror groups ? I have not

You would be surprised, I was there in Bangladesh the day 450 bombs went off, I have lived there, the place will amaze you both positively and negatively.

If thi ssuspect entered Bangladesh, there is no way he entered or exited without a visa, tracking that should be easy

'Bail was not granted to the suspect as he has a known tendency to jump bail.' A known tendency? An interesting choice of words. He is presumably known to at least one police force, then.

i also thought that was intriguing...

Known tendency... based on what? Some history about this guy that they apparently know... but aren't telling as yet???

This being Thailand, however, I'm almost surprised they DIDN'T grant him bail and return his passport -- and just ask that he promise to not miss his next court date. After all, that's what they do ALL THE TIME here.

Interesting, also interesting is a article in the Bangkok Post about a Thai policeman that fired a rocket grenade into army building on Cambodian Sa Kaew border in 2010.

He has been convicted and one of the charges was terrorism.

So Chinese Uighurs can come to Thailand blow up a shrine, be involved in bomb making and it seems people smuggling and narcotics manufacture and by blowing up 2 bombs and killing and maiming people they are not terrorists!!!

Neither are the immigration police guilty of aiding and abbeting people smuggling and terrorism.

Hey... NO international terrorism here in Thailand....

We only have the DOMESTIC variety... cheesy.gif