How to find a live in maid

goatfarmer

Some live in maids in my village are from Myanmar.

Don't know how they get them?

Our maid is Thai, not live in, wife found her by asking around in the village (moo baan), a very nice and polite Chang Mai lady.

I think there are a company in Pattaya that supplies maids but likely expensive.

Good luck finding one (and one that stays).

I have stopped hiring Thai maids about 10 years ago - to many problems ...

For the last 10 years I have had exclusively Cambodian workers (always husband

and wife).

The husband takes care of the garden, etc, the wife does the cleaning inside the

house. This has worked for me very well, changed workers only once in the last

10 years because the previous ones wanted to go back home .... nice arrangements

where made and we are still keeping in touch ...

This is just my experience. I've been living here for over 20 years and did try the

local "talent". Thais usually will not recommend Cambodian workers, predicting

that they will kill and rob you, lol ... so careful when asking your Thai wife ....

Right now many of the Cambodian workers when back home, waiting for the

Asian to open up so they can all come back under the new regulations ....

Good Luck,

luudee

Try the job centre , it's on the Soi that is the rear entrance to Big C extra, coming off third road.

That's where several of our neighbors go. We've had out best luck with word of mouth, but know you don't live in a village filled with lots of live in maids! They are a great source for help.

Our current live in is from my wife's village. She's absolutely fantastic. The day time maid use to be the gardener in our village. She's been with us for almost 4 years now. Not perfect, but pretty darn good.

Ah the expat life- a very low paid "slave " to pick up your underwear and dust.

Do it yourself, learn how to cook and master the mysteries of the washing machine - or get a team in once a week to clean. I pay everyone 500 baht an hour- they do a brilliant job.

Do it yourself, learn how to cook and master the mysteries of the washing machine - or get a team in once a week to clean. I pay everyone 500 baht an hour- they do a brilliant job.

Ah, the warm glow of being morally superior by paying stupidly high wages - I'd suggest you look more carefully at personal security. Word is bound to get around that you have more money than sense.

Ah, the warm glow of being morally superior by paying stupidly high wages - I'd suggest you look more carefully at personal security. Word is bound to get around that you have more money than sense.

ah, the warm glow of feeling socially superior by exploiting a desperate 3rd world worker at the lowest possible wage.

hahaha the first world problems that we have!

Will she be the downstairs maid?

The upstairs maid?

Between floors maid?

Expected to help pastry chef during busy times?

Stand in for the butler on his time off?

Chauffeur duties required from time to time?

Oh the stress.

Don't know how you survived in you bedsit in Scunthorpe before you came to Thailand.

Edited by Mudcrab

ah, the warm glow of feeling socially superior by exploiting a desperate 3rd world worker at the lowest possible wage.

You are so far off the mark!!!

And you have highlighted that you have no idea what you're talking about!

A good Maid, will be looked after, taken into a family closer than you could ever dream about.

There's no exploitation involved when someone is getting paid twice the minimum wage to just be trustworthy and on hand.

You are so far off the mark!!!

And you have highlighted that you have no idea what you're talking about!

A good Maid, will be looked after, taken into a family closer than you could ever dream about.

There's no exploitation involved when someone is getting paid twice the minimum wage to just be trustworthy and on hand.

Maybe is referring to himself??

hahaha the first world problems that we have!

Will she be the downstairs maid?

The upstairs maid?

Between floors maid?

Expected to help pastry chef during busy times?

Stand in for the butler on his time off?

Chauffeur duties required from time to time?

Oh the stress.

Don't know how you survived in you bedsit in Scunthorpe before you came to Thailand.

That is where you got it wrong, you confused the OP with yourself.

I'm sure the OP didn't live in a bedsit before he came to Thailand nor does he here.

Try the job centre , it's on the Soi that is the rear entrance to Big C extra, coming off third road.

waste of time I tried that had replies but none of them any good and I was paying 100 baht an hour, I live alone I gave up on maids now I do it myself now and do a much better job

Easiest way to get a maid that'll stay is pay a decent wage

Otherwise it'll be a two minute wonder & you'll be looking again

Pay more get decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that, I paid 100 baht an hour = 8000 baht a month (part time) which I think is a good wage did not make any difference still F,,,,, me around and done a crap job and stole from me

I had a GF w a Masters degree and doing plant research for the Thai gov't. Paid 10,000/month. But got to wear a nice uni. Is she being exploited?

Depends on how you define the word, 'exploited'. In the original sense, she is being exploited if someone derives a benefit from her services.

Mmm have known these people for over ten years- my totally disposable income is 300, 000 a month and access to much more if required.

They are good friends- not family.

So yes - I admit I pay much more than the going rate- it makes no difference to me- but makes a diffence to supporting their families.

Maybe I don't inhabit a world where personal security is a worry- never give it a second thought .