Chaeng Wattana Today for Retirement Extension Non-Imm O-A

Thanks for this. Looks like the proof of residence is now required for everyone applying for the retirement extension at Bangkok, which is a change since the beginning of the year.

Very useful to know. I may have problems as I rent and do not own, and not only that but I rent from an agent who acts for the owner whose name I don't even know. I'm hoping my lease and a utility bill will be OK, which is what I always bring in case I am ever asked.

I will attempt my next extension at the earliest possible point (45 days from expiry of current permission to stay) just in case difficulties come up.

Thanks for taking the time and effort Tracyb to give us this report. I will go in two weeks and get retirement extension (Non-Imm O-A) and multiple re-entry stamp at Chaeng Wattana. I rent and I do have a formal looking one year lease supplied by the apartment office, however I do not have a letter from them nor do I know of what exactly needs to be on the letter. I guess just stating that I live here year round and have been renting here for 4 years now, perhaps on their letter head would do. I will also take 3 or 4 bills in my name and address with me and a map of the location of my apartment building. But if I don't need the letter it would be easier because I do not speak fluent Thai to tell them what to say, lol. If anyone has been in my situation and visited Division 1 Immigration and only needed a rental contract and a few bills please let me know. Thanks.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that today I was 43 days ahead of the expiration of my permission to stay. So it appears that they will honor requests up to 45 days in advance.

Thanks for taking the time and effort Tracyb to give us this report. I will go in two weeks and get retirement extension (Non-Imm O-A) and multiple re-entry stamp at Chaeng Wattana. I rent and I do have a formal looking one year lease supplied by the apartment office, however I do not have a letter from them nor do I know of what exactly needs to be on the letter. I guess just stating that I live here year round and have been renting here for 4 years now, perhaps on their letter head would do. I will also take 3 or 4 bills in my name and address with me and a map of the location of my apartment building. But if I don't need the letter it would be easier because I do not speak fluent Thai to tell them what to say, lol. If anyone has been in my situation and visited Division 1 Immigration and only needed a rental contract and a few bills please let me know. Thanks.

• Like 2

Thanks for this. Looks like the proof of residence is now required for everyone applying for the retirement extension at Bangkok, which is a change since the beginning of the year.

Very useful to know. I may have problems as I rent and do not own, and not only that but I rent from an agent who acts for the owner whose name I don't even know. I'm hoping my lease and a utility bill will be OK, which is what I always bring in case I am ever asked.

I will attempt my next extension at the earliest possible point (45 days from expiry of current permission to stay) just in case difficulties come up.

Not in all cases it seems to be on a case by case basis, I recently did my extension and wasn't asked. This was as CW.

Not in all cases it seems to be on a case by case basis, I recently did my extension and wasn't asked. This was as CW.

Very interesting. Can I ask exactly when you did it , and maybe more importantly , was it your first?

I'm beginning to suspect that maybe it's people doing their very first extension, who aren't on record yet, that are being asked for proof of residence. I do all my 90 day address reports at CW, and have done four extensions there, and I haven't been asked for proof of residence at any time, but thinking back, I don't remember whether I was asked at my very first extension.

Very interesting. Can I ask exactly when you did it , and maybe more importantly , was it your first?

I'm beginning to suspect that maybe it's people doing their very first extension, who aren't on record yet, that are being asked for proof of residence. I do all my 90 day address reports at CW, and have done four extensions there, and I haven't been asked for proof of residence at any time, but thinking back, I don't remember whether I was asked at my very first extension.

This was indeed my first extension and my second 90 day report at C.W. I accomplished both yesterday, Sept. 10.

Apr 2015 and my 5th retirement extension.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this old thread for a relevant report.

Just did my fifth extension on the grounds of retirement at Chaengwattana in Bangkok today (12th Jan 2016) using the 800k Baht in Bank for 3 months method.

I was not asked at any time for any proof of residence whatsoever: no TM30, no lease, no utilities bill. The subject was not mentioned in any way by me or the Immigration Officer. Although I had copies of my lease and a utility bill I did not offer them.

I am not living in a house or condo that has any connection with a Thai wife or girlfriend, and all my previous extensions have been done at the same office. Therefore I think that if both of those conditions apply, no proof of residence will be required from you when doing a retirement extension in BKK, just like all previous years.