Laptop Computer On A Plane

ozterix

Following the recall of Dell and Apple laptop due to battery overheating and burning, I had heard that you could not take them on the planes anymore. I am planing a trip from suvarnabumi on Saturday with my Mac iBook and I don't want to have to abandon my laptop with security... does anyone know anything about this?

Is there any documentation that would allow you to take your computer with you or there is no check of this sort over here?

oz

Where did you "hear" this? can you provide any reference?

For a few weeks laptops, along with most carry-ons, were banned on flights between the U.S. and the U.K. However that restriction has been lifted.

I have not "heard" about any ban as a result of battery issues?

Of course you could check with the carrier(s) operating your flight for any carrier/route-specific restrictions.

Edited by lomatopo

LIST of goods,item,device ..etc (carry on / checked)

This security regimen applies to all domestic and international flights departing U.S. airports. Travelers should, however, check with transportation security authorities in their country-of-origin for flights originating at non-U.S. airports.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/pro...ited-items.shtm

Not heard anything about this :o

I would like to add, if my (Dell) laptop is going to go up in smoke I'd rather it did it in the cabin where we have a chance of putting it out, rather than in the hold, where we don't.