Pheu Thai urges NCPO to release critics of the junta

webfact

I hope that during the PM's visit to the UN later this month someone will inquire about his policy of taping shut the mouths of critics of the government, but I'm not holding my breath.

Criticism of the government seems to be increasing. Looks like we might be in for a hot winter.

Speaking to the Thai people in my area, The General is very unpopular. coffee1.gif

Unease is growing in Bangkok about the evident foot in mouth bungles. I detect an embarrassment about him.

I am in awe of Prayut for having brought back peace and order to Bangkok !

I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see big trouble coming from Thaksin and his cohorts.

I am in complete agreement with Prayut and this matter.

And encourage him to continue with this approach. (get rid of ALL of them) !!!!!!

I returned to Bangkok 2 months ago to be a part of Thialand's Reneissiance and hope it continues.

We all live here and should be a part of the solution and help in anyway we can.

Renaissance? More like the dark ages.

maybe the next time there is slaughter on the streets of Thailand and the police are doing nothing - the military should just stay back and let it happen, that seems to be the solution some are advocating here, and lets remember that most of these conflicts are caused by the corrupt practice of the sitting governements and their unlawful attempts to push through agendas that don't sit well with most of the Thai people, is that what Thailand really needs - an uprising and utimately a civil war

I don't think so

The sooner they write a constitution that firms up and stops these people in office abusing their position the sooner we will see a lasting peace here, some simple rules would have made it impossible for PTP to even attempt what they tried 3 years ago and none of this would have happened

That'such an amazingly simplistic and naive analysis. What good does a new constitution do when it just gets torn up?

Thailand has several fundamental problems that need to be solved before we can see real progress.

Thaksin (and the present snouts in the trough) is a result of these problems, not the cause - and certainly not the solution.

Or, perhaps Thaksin is the answer. Objectively, it is beyond doubt that he provided the best governance Thailand has ever had, raising all boats with a rapidly expanding economy, but helping most the rural forgotten, the poorest of the poor. It is indisputable that he was removed from office because he threatened the corrupt and privileged status of the amart, those Thais who have made millions exploiting and robbing the workers of Thailand they disparagingly call buffalo, or prai (serf).

I'm constantly amazed at the number of foreigners who happily defend feudal and military rule.

Welcome back Richteacher, Moonao or whatever you previous incarnation was.

Points for slipping in the amart reference, but you forgot to mention "Mark" and "yellow thugs" in this dribble.

Overall 6/10 for this effort.

Could do better.

If Thaksin is the answer....it must have been one hell of a question.

I'm sure the families of the thousands of murdered "drug dealers" wait in anticipation.

maybe the next time there is slaughter on the streets of Thailand and the police are doing nothing - the military should just stay back and let it happen, that seems to be the solution some are advocating here, and lets remember that most of these conflicts are caused by the corrupt practice of the sitting governements and their unlawful attempts to push through agendas that don't sit well with most of the Thai people, is that what Thailand really needs - an uprising and utimately a civil war

I don't think so

The sooner they write a constitution that firms up and stops these people in office abusing their position the sooner we will see a lasting peace here, some simple rules would have made it impossible for PTP to even attempt what they tried 3 years ago and none of this would have happened

That'such an amazingly simplistic and naive analysis. What good does a new constitution do when it just gets torn up?

Thailand has several fundamental problems that need to be solved before we can see real progress.

Thaksin (and the present snouts in the trough) is a result of these problems, not the cause - and certainly not the solution.

Or, perhaps Thaksin is the answer. Objectively, it is beyond doubt that he provided the best governance Thailand has ever had, raising all boats with a rapidly expanding economy, but helping most the rural forgotten, the poorest of the poor. It is indisputable that he was removed from office because he threatened the corrupt and privileged status of the amart, those Thais who have made millions exploiting and robbing the workers of Thailand they disparagingly call buffalo, or prai (serf).

I'm constantly amazed at the number of foreigners who happily defend feudal and military rule.

Welcome back Richteacher, Moonao or whatever you previous incarnation was.

Points for slipping in the amart reference, but you forgot to mention "Mark" and "yellow thugs" in this dribble.

Overall 6/10 for this effort.

Could do better.

If Thaksin is the answer....it must have been one hell of a question.

I'm sure the families of the thousands of murdered "drug dealers" wait in anticipation.

I understand your problem with Thaksin is the "War on Drugs"? It was endorsed by everyone in the senior senior leadership of this country, and endorsed by the people of the country, and the abuses you speak of were committed by who? Thaksin? The Army? The police?

I do notice you don't dispute that Thaksin provided the best governance this country ever had, so that is a positive.

I don't think so

I'm amazed at foreigners who defend a corrupt criminal and try to misrepresent the facts so often.

Thaksin dissolved parliament in response to the outcries when he changed the law so he could sell his telecoms business to a foreign buyer and avoid all tax. He was caretaker PM and then resigned from that position. He then illegally and with no authority but his own took the caretaker position back. He was delaying any election until he though the time favorable and still trying to run the country as his own personal fiefdom.

I don't like feudal aristocratic hierarchies, nor military governments. But, I find lying cheating regimes, that pretend to support democracy and the people, whilst shafting them blind just as distasteful. Thaksin and his crooked family also made billions robbing the poor. The only difference his his family are newer at it.

All that and he still turned out to be the best PM ever. Under Thaksin, jobs created, economy on the up and the very poor got some badly needed help. Yes he helped himself too, but he is the only one that helped the poor and the nation during his time. Thailands real hope is for Khun Thaksin to once again become prime minister of Thailand. As things are at the moment, this country is fast going down the 'gurgler'

I am in awe of Prayut for having brought back peace and order to Bangkok !

I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see big trouble coming from Thaksin and his cohorts.

I am in complete agreement with Prayut and this matter.

And encourage him to continue with this approach. (get rid of ALL of them) !!!!!!

I returned to Bangkok 2 months ago to be a part of Thialand's Reneissiance and hope it continues.

We all live here and should be a part of the solution and help in anyway we can.

What in the name of hell are you on ?

I don't think so

A bit naive in my opinion. The idea is good but it isn't going to happen. In my experience, most people in Thailand are thieving from the bottom to the top.

A really good question to survey is "who is the biggest thief in Thailand?"

Well, i can tell you that he is just out of the temple. Just waiting to see his next disruptive move .