I thought Thai women did not like dead beats

drronnie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you wear shorts and flip flops .....You're considered a "deadbeat" whistling.gif

You must enjoy wearing your Suit or sportcoat everyday....good luck with that in Thailand.blink.png

That must make at least 90% of the male population, falang and Thai, deadbeats. I thought shorts and flip flops was compulsory, that's all I've been wearing for the last 6 years.

That is a really special skill set you have there if you can determine that someone is a 'deadbeat' because of them wearing shorts and flip flops.

Of course, i would agree with you if that was all they were wearing in one of the malls in Bkk, at immigration, in a bank or eating at/checking into a 5* hotel.

So if you wear shorts and flip flops .....You're considered a "deadbeat" whistling.gif

You must enjoy wearing your Suit or sportcoat everyday....good luck with that in Thailand.blink.png

That must make at least 90% of the male population, falang and Thai, deadbeats. I thought shorts and flip flops was compulsory, that's all I've been wearing for the last 6 years.

I wear shorts too, but my point is why Thai women are putting up with deadbeats who live off them but on the other hand they claim they want a man with stable income.

The OP may be showing a tiny bit of jealousy, but I certainly understand where he's coming from. I assume he's talking about a young attractive lady. Young women--the world over--typically start off by falling for an equally young guy through that mythical concept called love. Has nothing to do with the guy being responsible or being a good provider or being a sharp dresser. He just appeals to her in certain ways, usually a personality thing, e.g., wit, charm....whatever. When women grow older, they tend to become more pragmatic. That's when they realize that Mr. Cool doesn't pay the bills and may not even come home certain nights. But of course, she's older now and a tad more desperate.

Young single mothers tend to grow up much more quickly and may be looking more for a "boring" but reliable mate. But a young, middle class Thai woman who's not looking/thinking about a "stable provider" will just follow her heart, no matter how irrational it may appear to others.

I don't even own flip flops.

shorts are for the beach only....

That is a really special skill set you have there if you can determine that someone is a 'deadbeat' because of them wearing shorts and flip flops.

Of course, i would agree with you if that was all they were wearing in one of the malls in Bkk, at immigration, in a bank or eating at/checking into a 5* hotel.

From all I can think off the 5 star hotel would be the only suitable place....because there I am paying customer and I don't need to impress the staff.....

Bank......if you have 100 Million on your bank account they will give you the golden Amex no matter if you wear clothes or not....

I think the OP is a TEFLer who is starting to realise that his cheap nylon Tesco/Lotus 400B work clobber or paltry, laughable 35K income doesn't really put him 'up there' with the elite and often sees him overlooked by the lasses for 'deadbeats' like me who while not the height of sartorial elegance, probably are a decade or two younger than he, and earn several times his paltry TEFL income/pension per month....

Troll rating: 4/10

From all I can think off the 5 star hotel would be the only suitable place....because there I am paying customer and I don't need to impress the staff.....

Bank......if you have 100 Million on your bank account they will give you the golden Amex no matter if you wear clothes or not....

Oh my.....guess i must be a deadbeat then as i regularly wear shorts and flip flops when flying business class as i typically keep the carvat / dinner suit / and italian shoes for when i am dining with nobility and world leaders

I wear shorts too, but my point is why Thai women are putting up with deadbeats who live off them but on the other hand they claim they want a man with stable income.

You can tell all this from someone walking down the street? Sounds like your post is much more personal and you are omitting details.

Oh my.....guess i must be a deadbeat then as i regularly wear shorts and flip flops when flying business class as i typically keep the carvat / dinner suit / and italian shoes for when i am dining with nobility and world leaders

Actually meeting nobility and world leaders would be a reason for me to purchase a pair of flip flops for the meeting laugh.png

Funny enough when some supplier meet me: Business clothes and the guy is a sales guy. If the guy comes in very take it easy clothes than it is the owner (and the companies aren't small).

Flying: I am too poor for business class sad.png

I always thoughts Thai women are looking for a stable provider but I often seen women wearing proper office attire or uniforms and are accompanied by a "deadbeat" boyfriend in shorts and flip flops. Whats up with that?

I think that was me.

The constraints of office attire working for a MNC get a bit too much sometimes, especially on my day off.

So off with the suit and tie and on with the shorts and flip-flops.

I feel sorry for the guys who have to dress up all the time to give themselves the self esteem that they don't receive anywhere else.

I always thoughts Thai women are looking for a stable provider but I often seen women wearing proper office attire or uniforms and are accompanied by a "deadbeat" boyfriend in shorts and flip flops. Whats up with that?

I think that was me.

The constraints of office attire working for a MNC get a bit too much sometimes, especially on my day off.

So off with the suit and tie and on with the shorts and flip-flops.

I feel sorry for the guys who have to dress up all the time to give themselves the self esteem that they don't receive anywhere else.

no it could not be you because i am more or less talking about Thai guys

You can tell all this from someone walking down the street? Sounds like your post is much more personal and you are omitting details.

yes I omitted the part that I know some of these people and it bothers me that women ask me on dates what I do and how I earn but then they get a relationship with an unemployed deadbeat

lol that's all I've packed for my move to Thailand on Saturday!

yes I omitted the part that I know some of these people and it bothers me that women ask me on dates what I do and how I earn but then they get a relationship with an unemployed deadbeat

Thats interesting, they go out on date with you and end up with a deadbeat therefore suggesting you must be further down the pecking order than a dead beat

Lets face facts it being unemployed and being an English teacher on 25k/m are not too far apart from each other :D

Bank: wear flip flops and shorts, it's my money

The Mall: there's no dress code. Why do people care what others think so much.

Immigration: okay I get it.

Royal Jordanian actually suggested that I put some trousers and shots on when flying business class funnily enough, and in Saudi Arabia security refused me entry into a mall.

I know this guy who gets all or most of his clothes made here by an Indian tailor. brags about how great having hand made clothes to fit is. Trouble is he thinks he looks great. I think about the box I have somewhere filled with Talbot ties and coach belts and half a dozen pairs of shoes that cost about 400$ a pair.....I havent had on a pair of long pants in over eight years....dont want to and dont need to.......I will die in a pair of Hawaian flip flops......

Perhaps p*nis size has something to do with it? Or can party non-stop for 24 hours? Or Mr deadbeat actually has a s*it-pile of cash! 555

I think it could have something to do that Thai women with jobs no longer need that beta provider and would rather go with that "deadbeat" who probably has a big social circle and is more entertaining than the toe wearing English teacher or office drone

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk