Koh Tao murders: 2 DNA profiles from alleged murder weapon do not match defendants' DNA

webfact

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I've seen Andy Hall referring to DNA as part of the significant new evidence that is yet to be presented. If this is an accurate reflection of Andy's statement then it could be well be true that the UK autopsy revealed conflicting DNA evidence.

Defence team adviser Andy Hall said outside the court that documents received from UK authorities were inconsistent with the Thai files.
He said DNA test results did not totally match with those of Thai authorities.

http://m.posttoday.com/learning/375149

You also have to remember that Chris Ware was the first suspect so he was most probably thinking he might get blamed for the murders don't you think if he had any information that he would not tell the police or do you think he would rather face a possible death sentence ?

I don't think anyone was talking about Chris Ware, he did not go to the AC bar but went back to his room with David and then stayed there while David went out again.

This is the first time I've seen Andy Hall referring to DNA as part of the significant new evidence that is yet to be presented. If this is an accurate reflection of Andy's statement then it could be well be true that the UK autopsy revealed conflicting DNA evidence.

Defence team adviser Andy Hall said outside the court that documents received from UK authorities were inconsistent with the Thai files.

He said DNA test results did not totally match with those of Thai authorities.

http://m.posttoday.com/learning/375149

I remember seeing that at the time. While not sure, I suspect it is misreporting. Andy probably spoke of "forensic findings" which was translated into "DNA test results"

The RTP officers in charge of the Koh Tao investigation are nothing but a pile of incompetent and corrupt pig manure! After the rapid fire of cockups during the investigation, the victims' families stated that they were "satisfied with the investigation led by the RTP", what to me was the biggest insult to the victims in the whole case - carried out by the people who should care the most.

All my sympathies for the parents faded back then and haven't been reinstored ever since. The whole case and the legal prodeedings in court show how low the country has sunken, a signal to the rest of the world, reassuring each and everyone that money in LOS can buy anything.

For the sake of Hannah and David I prey every day that the case is blown wide open by some proceedings error, a CCTV video of the pier that pops up magically, or a former coward eye witness (Sean?) changing his mind and stating in public under oath who the true murderers and rapists are... Unless a miracle happens, I see no chance for the B2, since the ulcer of corruption spreads from bottom to top, obviously.

Forgot to mention: Shame also on any of David's and Hannah's "friends" who witnessed what happened back at AC bar but didn't tell. I hope you will receive ample punishment for that by simple Karma. May god have mercy on your souls!

Shame on Davids and Hannah's friends ? how do you know what they told the police ? they don't have to answer to you or social media you don't own them. the parents read the report and are entitled to there opinion, they also don't have to answer to you or anyone else.

David and Hannah's friends should receive ample punishment for what ? and these are the people who claim they have Hannah and davids best interest at heart what a joke.

to the people who like this post it just shows how low you are, yesterday you were all claiming to care for the victims families. time you all took a long hard look in the mirror.

lets see if this stays up then we can see who really is reporting people posts !

Don't try an misrepresent the likes were done before the poster edited it and added some more on .

Personally I don't think it was fair to say shame on Hanna's friends as we don't know what went on and I would think there friends would have been very helpful once off the island and we will see that shown out in the court I am sure.

Sorry MockingJay just took my like off for that reason I think it's a bit unfair.

The RTP officers in charge of the Koh Tao investigation are nothing but a pile of incompetent and corrupt pig manure! After the rapid fire of cockups during the investigation, the victims' families stated that they were "satisfied with the investigation led by the RTP", what to me was the biggest insult to the victims in the whole case - carried out by the people who should care the most.

All my sympathies for the parents faded back then and haven't been reinstored ever since. The whole case and the legal prodeedings in court show how low the country has sunken, a signal to the rest of the world, reassuring each and everyone that money in LOS can buy anything.

For the sake of Hannah and David I prey every day that the case is blown wide open by some proceedings error, a CCTV video of the pier that pops up magically, or a former coward eye witness (Sean?) changing his mind and stating in public under oath who the true murderers and rapists are... Unless a miracle happens, I see no chance for the B2, since the ulcer of corruption spreads from bottom to top, obviously.

Forgot to mention: Shame also on any of David's and Hannah's "friends" who witnessed what happened back at AC bar but didn't tell. I hope you will receive ample punishment for that by simple Karma. May god have mercy on your souls!

Shame on Davids and Hannah's friends ? how do you know what they told the police ? they don't have to answer to you or social media you don't own them. the parents read the report and are entitled to there opinion, they also don't have to answer to you or anyone else.

David and Hannah's friends should receive ample punishment for what ? and these are the people who claim they have Hannah and davids best interest at heart what a joke.

to the people who like this post it just shows how low you are, yesterday you were all claiming to care for the victims families. time you all took a long hard look in the mirror.

lets see if this stays up then we can see who really is reporting people posts !

Don't try an misrepresent the likes were done before the poster edited it and added some more on .

Personally I don't think it was fair to say shame on Hanna's friends as we don't know what went on and I would think there friends would have been very helpful once off the island and we will see that shown out in the court I am sure.

Sorry MockingJay just took my like off for that reason I think it's a bit unfair.

No worries, Stealth! But you need to read the whole sentence - it says; "friends" who witnesses what happened back at AC Bar but did not tell" - that automatically excludes friends who told what happened and the ones who did not have anything to tell, because they did not witness anything. I never generalized all of their friends. Ok?

Sorry MockingJay I read it wrong back to a like smile.png and I agree with the rest you said to wifflewaffle.

Mr Miller arrives at Chopper Bar around 1:40am to find it closed for the night. He then walks east into an alley, stopping to buy a pair of sunglasses at a convenience store, which he hangs on his shirt. -

http://www.thephuketnews.com/koh-tao-trial-resumes-court-shown-footage-of-victims-final-night-53318.php

I know this has been mentioned before but why would David have been buying a pair of sunglasses at 1.40 in the morning? He was seen earlier in the evening with a pair of sunglasses hanging on his teeshirt. Having not seen the cctv clip and in light of all the other RTP/prosecution lies I remain suspicious as to whether it was glasses he was buying. The B2 were reported to have stolen his glasses as well as his phone - wonder if these were the pair the police allegedly say he purchased?

Another thought about the 'pool of blood' on the beach not being tested by the police for DNA - possibly this blood, or some of it belonged to the killer/s - if David put up a fight particularly. And I would also speculate that the blood could have belonged to a an unfortunate witness that cut short the staging of the crime and was also murdered and disposed of.

The Defence has been in touch with the Wares and the 3 friends of Hannah who joined her on her trip.

That's how they knew the Local police force's had already conducted informal interviews on behalf of the RTP.

You will note though that the Prosecution didn't submit any information from them.

The likely scenario is that they have provided information to the Defence, I don't doubt they have followed this on social media and if any of them have any information inc a sighting of Mini Milk then they will have informed the defence of this. We just have to wait and see.

Mr Miller arrives at Chopper Bar around 1:40am to find it closed for the night. He then walks east into an alley, stopping to buy a pair of sunglasses at a convenience store, which he hangs on his shirt. -

http://www.thephuketnews.com/koh-tao-trial-resumes-court-shown-footage-of-victims-final-night-53318.php

I know this has been mentioned before but why would David have been buying a pair of sunglasses at 1.40 in the morning? He was seen earlier in the evening with a pair of sunglasses hanging on his teeshirt. Having not seen the cctv clip and in light of all the other RTP/prosecution lies I remain suspicious as to whether it was glasses he was buying. The B2 were reported to have stolen his glasses as well as his phone - wonder if these were the pair the police allegedly say he purchased?

Another thought about the 'pool of blood' on the beach not being tested by the police for DNA - possibly this blood, or some of it belonged to the killer/s - if David put up a fight particularly. And I would also speculate that the blood could have belonged to a an unfortunate witness that cut short the staging of the crime and was also murdered and disposed of.

Thats the problem of failing to carry out a competent investigation. The blood saturated sand at the crime scene was never tested. So we will never know if it contained samples from the killers or witnesses as well as the obvious blood from the victims. Its natural to speculate on this as a result and without those tests anything is possible.

I never saw any mention of the sunglasses in the trial but maybe it just never got reported? I remember reading some months ago that David left Chris at the room telling him he was going out to buy cigarettes.

The job of the defense team is to get the defendants free, not to bring justice to Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, the people that conflate the two things are in the process of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The defense strategy is not to prove the defendants innocent, is to thoroughly discredit the investigation; if the judge rules in their favour all the evidence collected will be useless in a future case, if they name a new suspect/s their lawyer will simply point at the previous ruling and they'll walk away.

That's an extremely Defamatory statement you have made.

The defence has stated on several occasions that they have sufficient evidence to prove the B2 didn't commit the crimes. They have also stated that in the initial interviews they have repeatedly told the B2 to speak up and tell the truth. The defence has offered the condolences and sympathy to both the victims families and they just like us would like to see justice delivered for Hannah & David.

So your sweeping derogatory statement made without any foundation that you can you support should be consigned to the Bin via delete.

You know nothing about behind the scenes of this case. I know if this was your lady with her brains bashed in you wouldn't be happy with the case investigations so stop banging the drums for your mates and lets see what happens in the trial.

The Defence has been in touch with the Wares and the 3 friends of Hannah who joined her on her trip.

That's how they knew the Local police force's had already conducted informal interviews on behalf of the RTP.

You will note though that the Prosecution didn't submit any information from them.

The likely scenario is that they have provided information to the Defence, I don't doubt they have followed this on social media and if any of them have any information inc a sighting of Mini Milk then they will have informed the defence of this. We just have to wait and see.

Interesting if this is true and the friends confirm they did report it to the police.

Friends told police that Hannah, from Great Yarmouth, and David, from Jersey, left the club together between 3am and 4am. Their bodies were found at 6am.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3lsw1I4pV

The job of the defense team is to get the defendants free, not to bring justice to Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, the people that conflate the two things are in the process of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The defense strategy is not to prove the defendants innocent, is to thoroughly discredit the investigation; if the judge rules in their favour all the evidence collected will be useless in a future case, if they name a new suspect/s their lawyer will simply point at the previous ruling and they'll walk away.

The defence has stated on several occasions that they have sufficient evidence to prove the B2 didn't commit the crimes. They have also stated that in the initial interviews they have repeatedly told the B2 to speak up and tell the truth. The defence has offered the condolences and sympathy to both the victims families and they just like us would like to see justice delivered for Hannah & David.

So your sweeping derogatory statement made without any foundation that you can you support should be consigned to the Bin via delete.

You know nothing about behind the scenes of this case. I know if this was your lady with her brains bashed in you wouldn't be happy with the case investigations so stop banging the drums for your mates and lets see what happens in the trial.

Careful, MadA. don't rise to the bait. The defence state they have enough (UK forensic & UK witness statements) evidence to assert that the accused are not involved in the crimes. If they can achieve that, they would have cast enough reasonable doubt upon the prosecution's case to gain a not-guilty verdict. (In normal circumstances, that is, but who knows what's going to happen here.)

I would also be happy if they could just cast reasonable doubt on the prosecution's case, but I'm hoping for more than that. In fact, I'm hoping that the defence picks apart every last thread of the prosecution's case. The recent revelation that Hannah's clothes were not on the RTP's official inventory is a damning indictment of their deviousness. That alone should be broadcast world-wide.

November 3, 2014 1:00 am What about bar manager accused of harassing victim at Koh Tao?

A British witness had taken a photo of two men pestering the female victim not long before she was raped and murdered. He went to her assistance. One of the two troublemakers identified by the British witness and appearing in the photo is the bar manager. He is the bar owner's brother or nephew.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/What-about-bar-manager-accused-of-harassing-victim-30246806.html

Interesting if this is true and the friends confirm they did report it to the police.

Friends told police that Hannah, from Great Yarmouth, and David, from Jersey, left the club together between 3am and 4am. Their bodies were found at 6am.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html#ixzz3lsw1I4pV

And they would have been aware if they had left by the 'back door'.

B2 said they left the beach between 2 and 3am.

And friends would have known why they left the bar no doubt (and why they left together). And if there had have been an altercation in the bar that friends witnessed there would have been post banter and concern for Hannah and David. The mystery woman seen running on CCTV (not released by police despite the fact they wanted to trace this woman) could have been one of Hannah's friends. It was reported also that Hannah left her phone with her friends when she left the bar so if this is true she would likely have been planning on returning to the bar as opposed to going back to her hotel.

November 3, 2014 1:00 am What about bar manager accused of harassing victim at Koh Tao?

A British witness had taken a photo of two men pestering the female victim not long before she was raped and murdered. He went to her assistance. One of the two troublemakers identified by the British witness and appearing in the photo is the bar manager. He is the bar owner's brother or nephew.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/What-about-bar-manager-accused-of-harassing-victim-30246806.html

That's one of my many bookmarks and tabs open at the moment, all articles like that I've got saved.

Careful, MadA. don't rise to the bait. The defence state they have enough (UK forensic & UK witness statements) evidence to assert that the accused are not involved in the crimes. If they can achieve that, they would have cast enough reasonable doubt upon the prosecution's case to gain a not-guilty verdict. (In normal circumstances, that is, but who knows what's going to happen here.)

I would also be happy if they could just cast reasonable doubt on the prosecution's case, but I'm hoping for more than that. In fact, I'm hoping that the defence picks apart every last thread of the prosecution's case. The recent revelation that Hannah's clothes were not on the RTP's official inventory is a damning indictment of their deviousness. That alone should be broadcast world-wide.

I'm hoping that the defence picks apart every last thread of the prosecution's case.

Mr Chomphuchat has publicly said “I want to show up every mistake one at a time,”

Bring it on defence!

A possible court scenario - xxx

Defence: Where are Hannah's clothes?

RTP: Don't know. Probably sent back to her family.

Defence: And did you carry out any forensic tests prior to this?

RTP: Don't know.

Defence: Well any competent investigator would have reasoned that the murderers DNA would be found on the clothing.

RTP: Your point, being?

Defence: For a start it would confirm that had the B2's DNA been present it would prove they were involved.

RTP. Not important. We have their confession and a DNA match.

Defence: Which has been retracted and unsubstantiated.

RTP: If we say the accused did it, it's true.

Defence shakes his head. Dismisses the witness. Turns to the judges and says, did you record that?

Judge nodding his head: Yes, the RTP said that the accused did it.

Edited by stephenterry

We all know that the DNA is all the prosecution has left so it is the crux of the case no but I cannot remember the order. Did they arrest the B2 because they matched their DNA prior, or did they arrest them first and then get a DNA match after their arrest?

We all know that the DNA is all the prosecution has left so it is the crux of the case no but I cannot remember the order. Did they arrest the B2 because they matched their DNA prior, or did they arrest them first and then get a DNA match after their arrest?

Match was after confessions - who would have thought it?

Yeah ok, pretty much what I expected. Yet another point on the list of how much of a shambles this whole thing is. I couldn't make up a more pathetic and unbelievable story than what really happened. RTP defenders; you are all total scumbags for defending this lot.

Worth noting that, according to some reasonable reports, one of the Burmese kids was tested early on in the investigation, and presumably did not match at that time. The plastic bags used to jog the memory of the Burmese kids during their questioning seems to have also lead to changes in their DNA. (To be fair, since the claim of early testing has not been raised in court, maybe it did not happen.)

I posted this article back in December but came to the conclusion that it was a messed up article regarding Sean McAnna more than likely due to translation errors.

So they had no DNA match, they arrested the B2, THEN they say they found David's phone behind their residence, and THEN they matched their DNA.

So what led them to arrest the B2 in the first place??

Following torture at the Ocean View Accommodation, the Burmese men admitted to the crimes. Then the DNA match was announced after the re-enactment. Thinking there would be no public outcry - that no one would be prepared to defend the worthless Burmese men - that human rights organisations wouldn't give damn, they stitched the men up. Either the DNA they claim belonged to the B2 (3 they originally said but Maung wasn't having any of it) was came from zero evidence or DNA from the real killers was labelled as belonging to the B2. That's my take at the moment and I'm sticking to it.

So they had no DNA match, they arrested the B2, THEN they say they found David's phone behind their residence, and THEN they matched their DNA.

Cos no Thai could have done it.

Couple of million baht perhaps?

These particular Burmese kids were the best fit, being more easily intimidated and lacking an alibi. Initially, the RTP thought they even had a third patsy, which would have helped the credibility. They raided the Burmese dorm late at night and dragged half a dozen away for "questioning". One of the Burmese kids was caught in that net. The other was caught getting off the boat in Surat Thani, when he fled following police intimidation. According to reports, other Burmese were picked up and "questioned" in a similar manner earlier.

I posted this article back in December but came to the conclusion that it was a messed up article regarding Sean McAnna more than likely due to translation errors.

These translators can be a problem but it is still worth mentioning again incase there is some truth to it.