Multiple Entry B Visa - Its 90 Days Again...

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what I can do. Here's the situation: I have a 1 year multiple entry B visa. I travel alot so am rarely in thailand for 90 days at a time. I have been told that I must leave the country every 90 days, but I have also heard that you can go to Immigration and check in. The reason I ask is that my 90 days is up next week, but I dont have any trips planned. I do have a trip to Japan planned for Nov 8. Can I just go to immigration and report, or must I leave the country every 90 days?

Thx

R

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my company, so no work permit yet...so I guess I do have to exit the country. I might go down to Immigration and see what they say, but if I must leave Thailand thats ok - now where to go...?

R

Agree with lopburi3 and Firefan.
The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my company, so no work permit yet...so I guess I do have to exit the country. I might go down to Immigration and see what they say, but if I must leave Thailand thats ok - now where to go...?

R

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

save the trip to Immigration .... and bounce across whatever border is handy .... you don't have to stay across it ... just there and back again Bilbo!

Me again,

Ok, I talked to a friend today who was in the same situation as me:

1 year non immigrant multiple entry B visa (no work permit yet, company being set up) and have been in thailand almost 90 days. I travel alot normally so havent stayed 90 days before.

My friend says a few months ago he was at 90 days with the same visa and simply checked in at Suan Plu, rather than leaving thailand. Does anyone know for sure what the law says regarding this - can u just go and check in every 90 days, or must u leave with a Non immigrant multiple entry B visa?

R

Hi,

Thx

R

save the trip to Immigration .... and bounce across whatever border is handy .... you don't have to stay across it ... just there and back again Bilbo!