Pheu Thai pair could face criminal charges: Prayut

Lite Beer

Why not arrest those Thaksin puppets, lock'em all up and let the rot in hell for the rest of their lives...

THAT IS WHAT I CALL A TRUE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENTS.

The way that have robbed the nation with their vote buying and populist policy scams is just unforgivable......

Why not indeed. And they all lived happily ever after...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not arrest those Thaksin puppets, lock'em all up and let the rot in hell for the rest of their lives...

THAT IS WHAT I CALL A TRUE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENTS.

The way that have robbed the nation with their vote buying and populist policy scams is just unforgivable......

Sarcastic, and tongue in cheek, but many a true word spoken in jest. clap2.gif

How could you despise me? Oh maybe because you stole the country from elected leaders. Just a hunch...

......................"because you stole the country from elected leaders"..............................

Another poster who publishes bs ! Get your facts right before posting. Repeating lies is not working because too many members on this forum know the truth and will shoot you down in flames.

that would apply to your post but not to his.

clap2.gif

(PS; you might have an out, ... you could claim that the dear general stole it "from the Thai people" ... )

Edited by tbthailand

How could you despise me? Oh maybe because you stole the country from elected leaders. Just a hunch...

Yingluck disolved parliament and called for elections in December, 2013. When the coup happened, she was only part of a caretaker government. Lots of legal mumbo jumbo, but I don't believe she was an elected official. Only in a caretaker position. Even that was being challenged.

Well that certainly justifies the army seizing control of the state yet again and dragging opponents in for 'attitude adjustment'...

....................."Well that certainly justifies the army seizing control of the state yet again and dragging opponents in for 'attitude adjustment"...........................

If the war on the streets was not being fought between the anti-government protesters and the terrorist wing of the PTP, the Military may not have stepped in.

Or were you not aware of that Babs ?

......................"because you stole the country from elected leaders"..............................

Another poster who publishes bs ! Get your facts right before posting. Repeating lies is not working because too many members on this forum know the truth and will shoot you down in flames.

clap2.gif

(PS; you might have an out, ... you could claim that the dear general stole it "from the Thai people" ... )

Anyone who clocks up as many posts as you have in such a short time (saturating the forum with red lies and propaganda) has a different agenda to those of us who use the forum for what it is meant for. All you do is attack the present government and defend the actions of the PTP. Every thread concerning the rice scam is full of your ridiculous excuses.

I look at many different sections of the forum and I never see you over there. You only ever post in the political threads. The smart posters know why. thumbsup.gif

Yingluck disolved parliament and called for elections in December, 2013. When the coup happened, she was only part of a caretaker government. Lots of legal mumbo jumbo, but I don't believe she was an elected official. Only in a caretaker position. Even that was being challenged.

Well that certainly justifies the army seizing control of the state yet again and dragging opponents in for 'attitude adjustment'...

....................."Well that certainly justifies the army seizing control of the state yet again and dragging opponents in for 'attitude adjustment"...........................

If the war on the streets was not being fought between the anti-government protesters and the terrorist wing of the PTP, the Military may not have stepped in.

... But barge in they did, which negates the argument.

War on which streets, anyway?

BANGKOK: -- PEOPLE summoned by the National Council for Peace and Order for further "attitude adjustment" could face criminal charges under normal laws for creating a political disturbance, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has said.

Well, I am so happy to see that Mr. Prime Minister is a stout defender of the rule of law.

Prayut, the National Council for Peace and Order chief, said Pichai had been summoned for the seventh time and there were limits to forgiveness. He said he may not forgive him this time - and the same applied to Karun.

You were so close, and you threw it all away!

cheesy.gif

Edited by phoenixdoglover

I don't see how this could in any way justify or legitimize a coup.

You mean the anti-government protesters lead by that paragon of virtue Suthep?? The lap dog of the junta who publicly bragged about the whole coup process being a scheme where he and the PM was colluding??

Oh mikemac, you and your rose tinted glasses. You're just so endearingly naive that I want to pinch your cheek!wub.png

& some are still peddling that BS line.

Really????

Baboon #37

War on which streets huh?

The almost daily shootings / grenade attacks and many night time attacks which almost always seemed to be targeted at PDRC rally sites. A really nasty piece of work who names himself ko tee talks intimately about taking the country by force if needs be. There is a vice documentary called "bangkok rising" which has tha interview and also looks at some of the main incidents and likely driving forces behind them.

Ko tee's interview has content that is likely to depict LM, so I won't post the link for obvious reasons. I suggest you watch that documentary to refresh your memory.

On this particular topic. I think the junta are massively out of line. But who else would keep politicians in check otherwise. People at a certain level of society here feel that the laws and codes of moral and ethical conduct don't apply to them. I have no sympathy for the PTP guys, they had their chance to govern and made a dogs breakfast of it. It's that simple.

Again I'm not patting anyone's back. Thailand has seemingly nobody with enough integrity and a skeleton free closet to make things better. Very sad, but jail time for these ptp guys would be very richly deserved considering the damage their party did tp the country

Baboon #37

The almost daily shootings / grenade attacks and many night time attacks which almost always seemed to be targeted at PDRC rally sites. A really nasty piece of work who names himself ko tee talks intimately about taking the country by force if needs be. There is a vice documentary called "bangkok rising" which has tha interview and also looks at some of the main incidents and likely driving forces behind them.

Ko tee's interview has content that is likely to depict LM, so I won't post the link for obvious reasons. I suggest you watch that documentary to refresh your memory.

On this particular topic. I think the junta are massively out of line. But who else would keep politicians in check otherwise. People at a certain level of society here feel that the laws and codes of moral and ethical conduct don't apply to them. I have no sympathy for the PTP guys, they had their chance to govern and made a dogs breakfast of it. It's that simple.

Again I'm not patting anyone's back. Thailand has seemingly nobody with enough integrity and a skeleton free closet to make things better. Very sad, but jail time for these ptp guys would be very richly deserved considering the damage their party did tp the country

Yes, war on which streets where? I assume not just the occasional couple of streets here and there, mainly in a district or two of Bangkok?

Baboon #37

"Very sad, but jail time for these ptp guys would be very richly deserved considering the damage their party did tp the country"

And what do the current rulers deserve?

Baboon #37

"Very sad, but jail time for these ptp guys would be very richly deserved considering the damage their party did tp the country"

And what do the current rulers deserve?

Dank, dirty jail cells. for many many years preferably. There are no good guys here that I can see. Do you see any?

"He asked for people to stop criticising the government and the NCPO as the country was in a transitional period and the current administration was not elected."

There are so many statements in this article one might take issue with but this one stood out for me (together with what's quoted by LannaGuy in post # 7). Sometimes I wonder if these guys are from a parallel universe....coffee1.gif

And you every right to wonder ! I doubt very much if you are from the same universe as them, or us for that matter. coffee1.gif

You're absolutely right. The junta, you and the rest of the junta lovers really do live in an alternate reality.

Ha ha ha - the 'No, you do' argument. I thought I'd seen the last of that back in junior school. Some people never grow up I suppose.

Baboon #37

Yes, war on which streets where? I assume not just the occasional couple of streets here and there, mainly in a district or two of Bangkok?

OK so lets call it localized terrorism which one could argue was being supported (by way of not being discouraged or actively tackled by the body set up to tackle it, notably CAPO) by the government du jour.

If capital cities in any country are experiencing daily terrorist / insurgent attacks then I beg to argue that the government's chosen response to it should be adequate, otherwise their legitimacy to govern / etsablish and maintain order should be called into question. That happened we all know what happened next.

Let's focus on the topic shall we. These people who are facing jail are doing so because they are incapable of following rules that they don't agree with. I don't like all the laws that are made, but I follow the laws and raise my kids to do the same. These people are doing the exact opposite, and are experiencing the consequences.

Really????

You are correct - there was no war. There was simply terrorism from the government directed at opposition.

You obviously didn't follow the protests as they happened - I assume you got your version with a group of red-shirts while drinking 40 degree. I watched it very closely and you could see the situation escalate day by day right up until the coup happened. Pheu-Thai had every chance to stop it but they would not. One example was reform : they would only accept it if their cabinet got the final yes/no for each one at the end. The same people who voted 310:0 for the amnesty bill.

You people have whipped up yet another elite-versus-poor conspiracy but the simple fact is that the coup happened because of the dirty crony politicians who were told to cling on to power to the bitter end because if they lost it, any chance of another amnesty bill was lost. Do you even remember that they didn't kill the one they had : it was shelved in a manner which could be forced through after 6 months and nobody could stop it.

But don't let little things like reality get in the way of greed and spite. Money is all that matters right ? - and red-shirts just want it from the rich people We call it communism and it doesn't work.You quickly run out of other people's money to steal.

"He asked for people to stop criticising the government and the NCPO as the country was in a transitional period and the current administration was not elected."

There are so many statements in this article one might take issue with but this one stood out for me (together with what's quoted by LannaGuy in post # 7). Sometimes I wonder if these guys are from a parallel universe....coffee1.gif

And you every right to wonder ! I doubt very much if you are from the same universe as them, or us for that matter. coffee1.gif

You're absolutely right. The junta, you and the rest of the junta lovers really do live in an alternate reality.

Ha ha ha - the 'No, you do' argument. I thought I'd seen the last of that back in junior school. Some people never grow up I suppose.

Yes, mikemac is rather funny sometimes, although involuntarily - much like you.

Please try to read what is written in all the quoted posts, not just the last answer. If your attention span allowed you to then you would see why your face is now full of egg.

Hint; check out post # 10.

post-73753-0-66052600-1442055629_thumb.j

Edited by MZurf

Baboon #37

OK so lets call it localized terrorism which one could argue was being supported (by way of not being discouraged or actively tackled by the body set up to tackle it, notably CAPO) by the government du jour.

If capital cities in any country are experiencing daily terrorist / insurgent attacks then I beg to argue that the government's chosen response to it should be adequate, otherwise their legitimacy to govern / etsablish and maintain order should be called into question. That happened we all know what happened next.

There are no go areas in western capitals for some groups too. Would you want western countries under military dictatorship because of this? You are making far more of the situation in Thailand/Bangkok than there actually was.

Really????

You are correct - there was no war. There was simply terrorism from the government directed at opposition.

You obviously didn't follow the protests as they happened - I assume you got your version with a group of red-shirts while drinking 40 degree. I watched it very closely and you could see the situation escalate day by day right up until the coup happened. Pheu-Thai had every chance to stop it but they would not. One example was reform : they would only accept it if their cabinet got the final yes/no for each one at the end. The same people who voted 310:0 for the amnesty bill.

You people have whipped up yet another elite-versus-poor conspiracy but the simple fact is that the coup happened because of the dirty crony politicians who were told to cling on to power to the bitter end because if they lost it, any chance of another amnesty bill was lost. Do you even remember that they didn't kill the one they had : it was shelved in a manner which could be forced through after 6 months and nobody could stop it.

But don't let little things like reality get in the way of greed and spite. Money is all that matters right ? - and red-shirts just want it from the rich people We call it communism and it doesn't work.You quickly run out of other people's money to steal.

"... the coup happened because of the dirty crony politicians who were told to cling on to power to the bitter end..."

Here you go again with your fantasies. No, EnglishJohn, the coup did not happen because of anyone clinging to power. The coup happened because the snouts that had had less access to the trough during the various elected administrations wanted back in, and to control the upcoming transition. Those are the only reasons. Please don't feed us more of this silliness about the heroic army coming to the rescue of the country because it just won't wash, plain and simple.

And why are you always harping on about this amnesty bill? If you accept that your hero general grants himself and his cronies and amnesty isn't it kind of hypocritical to blame the former administration for trying to do the same??

"Money is all that matters right ? - and red-shirts just want it from the rich people We call it communism and it doesn't work"

Who are we, John? You and your alter ego mikemac? Communism...really???

clap2.gif

Anyone who clocks up as many posts as you have in such a short time (saturating the forum with red lies and propaganda) has a different agenda to those of us who use the forum for what it is meant for. All you do is attack the present government and defend the actions of the PTP. Every thread concerning the rice scam is full of your ridiculous excuses.

I look at many different sections of the forum and I never see you over there. You only ever post in the political threads. The smart posters know why. thumbsup.gif

say what you like, but you don't need to think so hard .... the reason I post here is above that little anonymous avatar.

as for the rest, well, I attack the group which currently claims to "govern", but calling them a "government" depends on whether or not you think they are legitimate. I do not.

I don't defend the PTP, but that is your continuous line of propaganda, ... tell me, what purpose does it serve?

And finally, it is still jerojero who states the truth and you who lie, ... no matter how many times it is said here, the coup usurped power from a legitimate, elected government which was following the constitution. Even the general and his rather dense minions don't deny this, so why do you?

I think the smart posters know why.... coffee1.gif

Really????

"... the coup happened because of the dirty crony politicians who were told to cling on to power to the bitter end..."

Here you go again with your fantasies. No, EnglishJohn, the coup did not happen because of anyone clinging to power. The coup happened because the snouts that had had less access to the trough during the various elected administrations wanted back in, and to control the upcoming transition. Those are the only reasons. Please don't feed us more of this silliness about the heroic army coming to the rescue of the country because it just won't wash, plain and simple.

And why are you always harping on about this amnesty bill? If you accept that your hero general grants himself and his cronies and amnesty isn't it kind of hypocritical to blame the former administration for trying to do the same??

"Money is all that matters right ? - and red-shirts just want it from the rich people We call it communism and it doesn't work"

Who are we, John? You and your alter ego mikemac? Communism...really???

I disagree with you.

the coup did not happen because of anyone clinging to power.

I think the military does want to cling to power....

Really????

Or else it was all carefully engineered by Suthep & the army to enable a coup to be staged in order to ensure they were in power at a crucial point in Thai history.

Or maybe it was the 'war on the streets'

Baboon #37

Let's focus on the topic shall we. These people who are facing jail are doing so because they are incapable of following rules that they don't agree with. I don't like all the laws that are made, but I follow the laws and raise my kids to do the same. These people are doing the exact opposite, and are experiencing the consequences.

If Prayuth and his buddies would actually have followed the rules, we wouldn't be in this dictatorship in the first place, but I guess only people who are on one side of the devide are expected to follow the rules, the other side can do whatever they like with impunity, which indeed has occured on several occasions. And which is now actually part of the "law" imposed on the people of Thailand by this bunch of coup mongers.

I think Prayuth should stop referring to laws and rules, as he himself has clearly shown to not respect them, let alone the Thai people who he claims he is supporting. Nothing says supporting more like stripping people of their constitutional rights now isn't it.

Edited by sjaak327

If Prayuth and his buddies would actually have followed the rules, we wouldn't be in this dictatorship in the first place, but I guess only people who are on one side of the devide are expected to follow the rules, the other side can do whatever they like with impunity, which indeed has occured on several occasions. And which is now actually part of the "law" imposed on the people of Thailand by this bunch of coup mongers.

I think Prayuth should stop referring to laws and rules, as he himself has clearly shown to not respect them, let alone the Thai people who he claims he is supporting. Nothing says supporting more like stripping people of their constitutional rights now isn't it.

Its the way its always been. The 5% (perhaps less) lecture the other 95% that they must follow the laws the 5% make, under threat of punishment. While the 5% feel quite free to ignore them completely.

Do as I say, not as I do eh Mr P?

say what you like, but you don't need to think so hard .... the reason I post here is above that little anonymous avatar.

as for the rest, well, I attack the group which currently claims to "govern", but calling them a "government" depends on whether or not you think they are legitimate. I do not.

I don't defend the PTP, but that is your continuous line of propaganda, ... tell me, what purpose does it serve?

And finally, it is still jerojero who states the truth and you who lie, ... no matter how many times it is said here, the coup usurped power from a legitimate, elected government which was following the constitution. Even the general and his rather dense minions don't deny this, so why do you?

Fair enough. You don't accept a military based non elected government has having any legitimacy. Although under Thai law, they are legitimate and have been confirmed so.

The previous elected government's PM dissolved parliament and they were therefore operating in caretaker mode. Their PM was removed from the caretaker office for breaking the law. Her replacement was then caretaker PM. Protesters prevented a valid election which the caretaker government went ahead with despite warnings from the EC. The police did nothing, absolutely nothing, to ensure the election could take place or keep the peace and enforce the law. The caretaker Foreign Minister called on the army to impose martial law and oversee the election. At the same time some of his colleagues where heading CAPO, which with the police was inept, ineffective and achieving nothing. Others were openly applauding terrorist activities and murders, including those of children, and calling for the establishment of a separate country under their rule. An attempt at raising a militia, known as Democracy Defense Volunteers and calls for war drum meeting by the paramilitary red shirts and UDD group were also simultaneously happening

Throughout their period of government, and caretaker office, PTP had problems with respecting and adhering to laws, procedures and protocol. At first they tried to pretend they were not fully and totally under Thaksin's control. This pretense was dropped as time went on. So, a democratically elected government had handed power and control over to a non elected leader who also happened to be a criminal fugitive, wanted for jumping bail to avoid incarceration and to face 15+ more serious charges.

So, as someone who doesn't defend PTP, what would your view on them be? Not your view on democracy, the democratic process, the way of removing government's democratically, but purely your view on PTP?

Fair enough. You don't accept a military based non elected government has having any legitimacy. Although under Thai law, they are legitimate and have been confirmed so.

The previous elected government's PM dissolved parliament and they were therefore operating in caretaker mode. Their PM was removed from the caretaker office for breaking the law. Her replacement was then caretaker PM. Protesters prevented a valid election which the caretaker government went ahead with despite warnings from the EC. The police did nothing, absolutely nothing, to ensure the election could take place or keep the peace and enforce the law. The caretaker Foreign Minister called on the army to impose martial law and oversee the election. At the same time some of his colleagues where heading CAPO, which with the police was inept, ineffective and achieving nothing. Others were openly applauding terrorist activities and murders, including those of children, and calling for the establishment of a separate country under their rule. An attempt at raising a militia, known as Democracy Defense Volunteers and calls for war drum meeting by the paramilitary red shirts and UDD group were also simultaneously happening

Throughout their period of government, and caretaker office, PTP had problems with respecting and adhering to laws, procedures and protocol. At first they tried to pretend they were not fully and totally under Thaksin's control. This pretense was dropped as time went on. So, a democratically elected government had handed power and control over to a non elected leader who also happened to be a criminal fugitive, wanted for jumping bail to avoid incarceration and to face 15+ more serious charges.

So, as someone who doesn't defend PTP, what would your view on them be? Not your view on democracy, the democratic process, the way of removing government's democratically, but purely your view on PTP?

If you change the laws to your own advantage, everything suddenly becomes "legitimate".

Which is exactly the difference between Thaksin, who became a "convicted criminal" due to a technicality at a Ratchada land deal, of which he even wasn't the beneficiary (his ex wife was) and Prayuth, who is a criminal with a amnesty clause that no-one can contest, and which will be enshrined into any constitution that the coup mongers will come up with.

Strange you take issue with the first criminal and seem to support the second. To me the second one is a much greater crook.

You take issue with Thaskin supposedly influencing the Yingluck government, whilst pretty much everyone actually voting for Yingluck was well aware off the fact that Thaksin was running the show, I even would go to such an extend that she wouldn't have gained a parliamentary majority (265 out of 500) without this knowledge. Yet this is somehow worse than miliatiry rule, without a mandate whatsoever ?

You are being extremely naive to think that this lot is any better than the previous lot. Ask yourself this question, why was Thaksin convicted on the Ratchada land deal, and not on the 15+ other charges, one of which probably is the "war on drugs". Now that one would really be a case to pursue, the fact that it hasn't tells you all about the people currently running the show.

We could have a good discussion on your view of events. I would, again, say that the current "government" is not legitimate and there are many Thais who hold the same position. Finally, your comment of Although under Thai law, they are legitimate and have been confirmed so. is only superficially a true statement since the truth is that coups were clearly illegal under the last constitution, and the only reason they are currently "legal under Thai law" is because they are the Thai law.

Now the invitation to discuss PTP is a good one. First, the Red Shirts and the PTP are not the same thing even with some of the PTP being UDD. Second, neither the PTP nor the UDD are monolithic minions dancing only to the tune of the piper in Dubai, ... and yes, many of them are - of course - very loyal to Thaksin.

With that basis, there are points about Thaksin and those who are his closest political allies... I have never viewed Thaksin as a democrat, but only as an opportunist in a democrat's clothes. Please note, that in no way denies the reality that he and his parties have won election after election, and yes, fair elections too. The point being that Thaksin and the PTP enjoy a very broad-based political support. So, no, I don't think Thaksin is a democrat at heart. I do think he is interested in his own power. And I think he promotes democracy because it is a useful tool against his (clearly) undemocratic opponents.

I also think this is obvious given Thaksin's appease-the-junta approach. If he - or Yingluck - were true democrats, then they both would have immediately and unequivocally opposed the last coup. To be honest, I think Yingluck has enough popular support that she could have done so effectively. The fact that she did not and the fact that Thaksin did not oppose the coup from the start with all the means available to them, but rather went down the path of appeasement, indicates their true nature.

That said, not all PTP and certainly not all red shirts are in this just for themselves like Thaksin is. Did I mention that Thaksin was clearly corrupt? Of course he was/is ...

In addition, there is no opposition to the PTP which is clearly democratic. Rather, they are clearly anti-democratic. It is the sad current state of Thai politics today.

As for the PTP policy platform, it clearly was designed to gain the support of their base. And that worked. It's hilarious that some people here claim that an attractive policy plan is "vote-buying". But then those are the same posters who see a former general as a self-appointed "PM" as a step in the right direction. As for individual policies, that is it's own discussion, but briefly, I thought that some ideas, like the one-tablet program, were well intentioned but not well executed. Same for the rice plan.

But it is also impossible to discuss the PTP in a vacuum - it is necessary to discuss the politicized institutions which work against democracy... One of the most obvious is the Orwellian "Election Commission" which did everything to prevent the elections required by a constitutional process to resolve the political impasse in 2014. The Thai courts are also part of the system of control by the military/elite alliance. That's not only my opinion, but an observation of many analysts and academics who study the courts.

Now, regarding some of your earlier observations, the EC wasn't interested in elections. They were there to help stop the elections. Same with the courts. The police were also restricted by the courts from enforcing the law and maintaining order. The disruption of the elections you lay at the feet of the police yet the disruption was caused by the PDRC. Many political observers and academics commented on the clearly coordinated and orchestrated attack on the government prior to the coup. And it was rather obvious - no one can accuse the generals of being subtle. You mention a few other points which would indicate that you are either indoctrinated or uninformed... for example, your comment about the Democracy Defense Volunteers and trying to equate a bunch of middle-aged Aunts and Uncles with a militia is pretty funny... and completely inaccurate as well.