Phuket Airport Taxi-Meter Rip Off?

jonaz

This means, the tourists will have to change - and they are. Western tourist market declining at 15% year on year, and Chinese tourists in coach buses.

Not true at all - airport arrivals for almost every western country were up between 2012 and 2014. Lots of facts and figures posted here previously.

How long would a "baht bus" driver last here, filling "a gap in the market?" smile.png

There is a Baht bus (Songtaew) here and that also have been posted many times, I see it full of Farang and Thais every day.

Yawn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This means, the tourists will have to change - and they are. Western tourist market declining at 15% year on year, and Chinese tourists in coach buses.

Not true at all - airport arrivals for almost every western country were up between 2012 and 2014. Lots of facts and figures posted here previously.

How long would a "baht bus" driver last here, filling "a gap in the market?" smile.png

There is a Baht bus (Songtaew) here and that also have been posted many times, I see it full of Farang and Thais every day.

Yawn

Quite a misleading post, Peterocket.

The western tourist market has been shrinking 15% year on year. (source - a PG article sometime ago)

Phuket tourist numbers are up only due to cheap Chinese package holiday makers, however, I suggest revenue from this tourist market is down, way down..

There are no "songtaews" (baht buses) along the coast road, between the beaches, where this form of transport is needed most.

Yawn

Quite a misleading post, Peterocket.

The western tourist market has been shrinking 15% year on year. (source - a PG article sometime ago)

Phuket tourist numbers are up only due to cheap Chinese package holiday makers, however, I suggest revenue from this tourist market is down, way down..

There are no "songtaews" (baht buses) along the coast road, between the beaches, where this form of transport is needed most.

Not really I could post and have posted numerous times figures showing actual figures not a single article from PG article.

And to correct your post further:

"There is no Baht bus that runs the entire coast road although it does link many of the coastal beaches"

Karon, Kata and Kata Noi: Every 30 minutes from 07:30 and 18:00, 30 baht.
Kamala, Surin and Bang Tao: Every 30 minutes from 07:00 and 17:00, 40-50 baht.
Patong: Every 30 minutes from 08:00 and 18:00, 30 baht.
Rawai, Nai Harn: Every 30 minutes from 07:00 and 17:30, 35 baht.

NKM is quite correct - this is no direct songtaews (baht bus) between the popular beaches, such as Patong to Karon/Kata, such as Kamala/Surin to Patong, such as Naiharn to Karon, etc, etc. Each of the routes you quoted all go from that beach area direct to Phuket Town. Quite useless for tourists wanting to explore another beach area futher along the west Phuket coast.

And all those routes stop by 18.00 ... realy handy ... NOT

Edited by LivinginKata