Iflix-- Netflix alternative in Thailand

CWMcMurray

Always see a lot of posts about how to get Netflix in Thailand or other options for Western streaming TV

Just saw this new service here in Thailand

Free trial 1 month trial period and then only 100 THB per month

Have signed up for free trial and looks good. Also no need for US Credit

Card or VPN/ US DNS Server..

Doesn't have as many series as Netflix, but still quite a few and a lot more that Hollywood HDTV and Primetime (other options in Thailand)

Also found quite a few series that aren't on Netflix

Anyone else tried this service yet?

Just thought folks may be interested..

https://www.iflix.com/?utm_source=adwords%20&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=300x250_html5_m_genre_drama&utm_campaign=iflix_launch_th#4EQoXLs7Izt0l8bK.97

Am I the only one that find it strange that you have to sign up before you even can enter the site, and that from the point no pricing plans are available?

Not really.. As doesn't ask for any credit card information...

Just email/ password or Facebook...

Also before signing up.. It mentions 100 thb per month on website

Am I the only one that find it strange that you have to sign up before you even can enter the site, and that from the point no pricing plans are available?

I don't worry about getting charged for nothing, but I find it strange that they don't publish their price plans, when they mention 100 Baht on the pop up when you enter first time.

In fact it can be free for ever as long as you're able to create new email addresses.

As for their content, I find it rather weak with dated movies and series.

I recently discovered Kodi on the android set top box, and much better and newer content is there available for free.

There are quite a few thai sites (= good speed) that stream a lot of western series.

Added bonus is that they have thai subtitles for the better half to watch too.

Quality aint HD, but definitely watchable.

Works great on a smart tv through the browser, or plugging ya laptop in.

http://www.subthaiseries.com/category/ดูซีรีย์ต่างประเทศ/us-series/

I'managed to find all the most popular series, and it's pretty up to date

search in english at the top, easy to navigate.

Just another option.

thumbsup.gif

Movies ... same old stuff as primetime and hollywoodhdtv. Apparently an Malaysian company. But 100 baht is a steal. Will find out if the app runs on my jailbroken android box.

Update: The android app on my tablet works, but on the android box I get an error and the file doesn't run.

I don't worry about getting charged for nothing, but I find it strange that they don't publish their price plans, when they mention 100 Baht on the pop up when you enter first time.

In fact it can be free for ever as long as you're able to create new email addresses.

I recently discovered Kodi on the android set top box, and much better and newer content is there available for free.

If it sounds too good to be true...

But I appreciate the information of the OP no matter what..

I tried it and it work fine for me. Decent selection of TV series with the latest seasons. I mainly use on my iPad or MacBook Pro, although they don't advertise HD streaming the video quality it very good.

One down side for me is that on the iPad you can't AirPlay to Apple TV.

I tried it and it work fine for me. Decent selection of TV series with the latest seasons. I mainly use on my iPad or MacBook Pro, although they don't advertise HD streaming the video quality it very good.

One down side for me is that on the iPad you can't AirPlay to Apple TV.

Having same issue.. Downloaded app to iPhone and iPad and works fine for both ...

But can not AirPlay to Apple TV... So some what limited...

For Netflix /Hulu never an issue for sending to Apple TV via AirPlay...

Anyone with any tech background, have any idea why would not be able to AirPlay from IPhone to Apple TV?

Any work around known?

Runs well on Win 10 laptop and a minix z64 TV box. Does not run correctly on an android minix TV box - seems to download the video, but won't stream or play it .

Content a bit dated, but streams flawlessly - I'm guessing that local servers are being used. Big bonus having Thai subtitles.

Right - the age of the content is what hamstrings them all, IMHO, including Netflx*, Amazon Prime*, Hooq and this one.

All of these services are good as replacements for the old school DVD rental shops only - if you want current content, you'll need to pay for True Visions, buy a MaigeTV, or endlessly fiddle around wtih Kodi..

* Except for their exclusive series/specials, of course.

Just had a look - nothing there that I can't get via torrents, and I've got a backlog of them to watch anyway. biggrin.png

It was worth signing up just to get their crappy "Welcome" email:

Congratulations on your decision to subscribe to iflix!

We knew you were awesome from the moment we met! wink.png

But on the real though, THANK YOU for joining. blah, blah, blah...

I think this may be aimed at 12 year olds.

• 1 month later...

In which languages is it available?

THA

ENG

THA + ENG

?

I am on the free trial as I am looking for Thai language films and TV series. This doesn't have, or it doesn't show how to get, Thai stuff.

I'll probably leave it after the free trial is over.

• 1 month later...

In terms of performance, I've had excellent results with both Windows and Android devices. The site and app are both very responsive and relatively well designed. Very cool how they now let you download TV shows (up to 7 at a time) and keep them for a week. Wish they'd do the same for movies and expand their movie catalog in general. The sci-fi section, for example, has a whopping 33 titles. Some titles seem to be miscategorized (e.g. Captain America as "Drama?")

I emailed customer support several weeks ago, asking for a couple shows in particular. Lo and behold, just this past week two of them showed up. I agree that the content is rather limited, and they'll be hard pressed to compete with sites like Hulu that have the most up-to-date content or Netflix with their original programming. But based on my limited experience so far, it seems like they're serious about improving their service. I'd say it's a service that's definitely worth keeping an eye on, as they do seem to want to do it right.

Was having trouble getting it to play on Apple TV with AirPlay from APP on iPhone

But found that if you download then AirPlay works perfectly

Also downloads are great, as can then watch with out Internet connection for up to 7 days

Sure there could always be more titles.. But considering only THB 1,000 per year!!

A very good value!!!

Also like that there are many shows on here that are not on Netflix.

Also no need for DNS ... As can use anywhere inThailand

Totally worth it and have signed up for 1 year subscription

Archived