I closed my business in thailand and saw surprising effects....

Why didn't your foreign staff have a Non B visa and a work permit ? You are openly admitting that your foreign staff were working on ED and Tourist Visas... Either a troll or a perfect example of the fact that you can send a man to the moon but you still can't fix stupid.

have you ever run a business in Thailand? employing 4 thais and paying for a work permit. how can anyone do this to employ foreigners? I understand why some people try other options.

pls, stop condoning breaking the law... If everybody would pay his taxes, there would be less taxes to pay by all who does pay...

so, to all that say its ok to break the law... get plagued by people asking for a bribe, maybe they leave the legit people alone then...

idiots... coffee1.gif

My God man. Name one country in the history of mankind that has lowered taxes because everyone paid their taxes? Ridiculous.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai's can move to the USA and own/open a business without having to hire 4 Americans for every Thai.

A thai person can just wake up one morning and say fooook it. moving to the USA to start me up a business.

Gotta be more to it than that.

Thai's can move to the USA and own/open a business without having to hire 4 Americans for every Thai.

A thai person can just wake up one morning and say fooook it. moving to the USA to start me up a business.

I worked for a US company and as a non USer went to work there on a "technical expert visa" from start to finish took nearly 6 months before I got my visa, after the lawyers costs, adverts in newspaper to prove no local could fill the position and company cost nearly USD 15k, I finally got my visa, and this was before 9/11 ;)

So your right "some Thai" can't just rock up in the US on a tourist visa and set up shop even an E2 visa requires "cash" of USD100 to 200k and guess what ? need to prove you intend employing 3 to 4 locals, at bit like Thailand :o and the visa is typically 2 to 5 years and is a non immigrant visa

Edited by Soutpeel

While true, you're oversimplifying. To get into the US, even on a tourist visa, a Thai has many, many, many more hoops to jump through than you or I jumping on a plane and arriving in BKK without even so much as a visa.

And a Thai is not automatically granted permission to work in the US.

Allowing yourself to get used by the Thai government to have your own personal business support unnecessary Thai workers is basically racketeering.

When things happen in the third world for money that are not reciprocated in other countries around the world, it is not good for your personal business and probably should not be legal either.

While true, you're oversimplifying. To get into the US, even on a tourist visa, a Thai has many, many, many more hoops to jump through than you or I jumping on a plane and arriving in BKK without even so much as a visa.

And a Thai is not automatically granted permission to work in the US.

Allowing yourself to get used by the Thai government to have your own personal business support unnecessary Thai workers is basically racketeering.

When things happen in the third world for money that are not reciprocated in other countries around the world, it is not good for your personal business and probably should not be legal either.

And even if they get past that bit need to employ 3 to 4 Americans under the E2 visa class and need cash USD 100 to 200k for investment

I worked for a US company and as a non USer went to work there on a "technical expert visa" from start to finish took nearly 6 months before I got my visa, after the lawyers costs, adverts in newspaper to prove no local could fill the position and company cost nearly USD 15k, I finally got my visa, and this was before 9/11 wink.png

So your right "some Thai" can't just rock up in the US on a tourist visa and set up shop even an E2 visa requires "cash" of USD100 to 200k and guess what ? need to prove you intend employing 3 to 4 locals, at bit like Thailand ohmy.png and the visa is typically 2 to 5 years and is a non immigrant visa

what about the simplified working holiday programs that countries like south Korea, Japan, Australia and NZ are offering to everyone including Thai.

why the Thai government does not sign bilateral agreements with those dozen countries that implement the program.

Edited by marcofunny

I worked for a US company and as a non USer went to work there on a "technical expert visa" from start to finish took nearly 6 months before I got my visa, after the lawyers costs, adverts in newspaper to prove no local could fill the position and company cost nearly USD 15k, I finally got my visa, and this was before 9/11 wink.png

So your right "some Thai" can't just rock up in the US on a tourist visa and set up shop even an E2 visa requires "cash" of USD100 to 200k and guess what ? need to prove you intend employing 3 to 4 locals, at bit like Thailand ohmy.png and the visa is typically 2 to 5 years and is a non immigrant visa

what about the simplified working holiday programs that countries like south Korea, Japan, Australia and NZ are offering to everyone including Thai.

why the Thai government does not sign bilateral agreements with those dozen countries that implement the program.

Thailand has a working holiday visa program with Aussie for students

What do you think the Elite Thai's do with their millions in corruption money?

I live in a town of 75,000 people and there are 20+ Thai restaurants here in the USA

Investment VISA

Got it now or want some photos?

they need to relax the rules and expand the list to include all those dozen countries that implement the program, that might help ease the labor shortage problems and sends the Thai abroad to learn new skills and brush up foreign languages.

Edited by marcofunny

What do you think the Elite Thai's do with their millions in corruption money?

I live in a town of 75,000 people and there are 20+ Thai restaurants here in the USA

Investment VISA

Got it now or want some photos?

Oh so its only the corrupt Thai elite now ? Make your mind up, you said

"Thais can move to the US" and in those restaurants how many Thai workers are there on student visas and working on the sly ?

Further you stated in the US you don't need to employ Americans go and look at the E2 visa requirements.... Yes you do 3 to 4

they need to relax the rules and expand the list to include all those dozen countries that implement the program, that might help ease the labor shortage problems and sends the Thai abroad to learn new skills and brush up foreign languages.

This is no labour shortage and the rules are not strict anyway

A 100% owned Thai Ltd company pays exactly the same fees and taxes as one with a foreign shareholder even with a 49% holding there are no additional foreigners fees or taxes

You don't need to be a shareholder but by your own words you invested a lot of money in 100% Thai company with no valuable assets assets and rely on commission only ?

As I said getting stranger and stranger

I don't want to delve into more details but my own business experience has confirmed that running a 100% Thai company is far better option than any foreign involvement especially when dealing with unofficial rules, try to rent or buy a product speaking Thai or English and you will notice the price differences, you might have different business domain then mine but at least in my domain 100% Thai is far better and secure option.

I "own" here a company with 49%. There is no, not at all, any difference to Thai owned....Not at customs, not a revenue department. Maybe even an advantage at the customer.

A 100% owned Thai Ltd company pays exactly the same fees and taxes as one with a foreign shareholder even with a 49% holding there are no additional foreigners fees or taxes

You don't need to be a shareholder but by your own words you invested a lot of money in 100% Thai company with no valuable assets assets and rely on commission only ?

As I said getting stranger and stranger

I don't want to delve into more details but my own business experience has confirmed that running a 100% Thai company is far better option than any foreign involvement especially when dealing with unofficial rules, try to rent or buy a product speaking Thai or English and you will notice the price differences, you might have different business domain then mine but at least in my domain 100% Thai is far better and secure option.

I "own" here a company with 49%. There is no, not at all, any difference to Thai owned....Not at customs, not a revenue department. Maybe even an advantage at the customer.

Thanks for confirming that

what labour shortages you speak of ?

who is working in most of the constructions sites and who is working as maids or teachers ??

there is labor shortage in almost every sector including highly skilled IT engineers, medical and pharmaceutical experts, English teachers, musical bands and Djs, cooks, maids, specialized tour guide, foreign language translators, motivated sales agent, football players and couches you name it

Edited by marcofunny

who is working in most of the constructions sites and who is working as maids or teachers ??

Burmese and farangs why ?

The Burmese work because they are cheap and typically Thai s don't want to do work like that

And typically farangs work as "teachers" cause they want to stay in Thailand and its typically the only job they can get

These examples do not indicate a labour shortage in Thailand in the least your grasping at straws

there is labor shortage in almost every sector including highly skilled IT engineers, medical and pharmaceutical experts, English teachers, musical bands and Djs, cooks, maids, specialized tour guide, foreign language translators you name it

In you opinion only. .. Go look at the official unemployment rates

As stated your grasping at straws and all over the place

there is labor shortage in almost every sector including highly skilled IT engineers, medical and pharmaceutical experts, English teachers, musical bands and Djs, cooks, maids, specialized tour guide, foreign language translators, motivated sales agent, football players and couches you name it

wow.

lots of shortages.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

wow.

lots of shortages.

Funny every time I have been to the BKK group of hospitals don't ever remember thinking to myself there is a shortage of Doctors, Nurses and other staff, walking around the shops don't ever remember thinking there are not enough sales people in the likes of Homepro :D

Now you're just making up stuff. Things aren't that dire. Just admit that Thailand doesn't miss you even a little bit....but you sure do miss Thailand. Isn't that why you're still posting on a Thailand forum?

wow.

lots of shortages.

Funny every time I have been to the BKK group of hospitals don't ever remember thinking to myself there is a shortage of Doctors, Nurses and other staff, walking around the shops don't ever remember thinking there are not enough sales people in the likes of Homepro biggrin.png

dozens of illegal Burmese sellers of an Indian decent works at panthip plaza, the Arab street near nana is full of middle eastern restaurants all staffed by foreigners and the same goes for little Korea in suklumvit, yawarat in Chinatown is full of illegal Chinese shop keepers.

Employing people and they're working on tourist visas?????

Its <deleted> <deleted> like you that make it difficult for me and many others on here to stay here legally.

I hope your business fails and you end up in the gutter you <deleted> piece of shit.

Its <deleted> <deleted> like you that make it difficult for me and many others on here to stay here legally.

I hope your business fails and you end up in the gutter you <deleted> piece of shit.

But he's convinced that he's entitled! The laws of sovereign nations don't apply to him! Of course, he wouldn't try this in his home country. He would only exploit the laws in developing nations, don't you see.

wow.

lots of shortages.

Funny every time I have been to the BKK group of hospitals don't ever remember thinking to myself there is a shortage of Doctors, Nurses and other staff, walking around the shops don't ever remember thinking there are not enough sales people in the likes of Homepro biggrin.png

dozens of illegal Burmese sellers of an Indian decent works at panthip plaza, the Arab street near nana is full of middle eastern restaurants all staffed by foreigners and the same goes for little Korea in suklumvit, yawarat in Chinatown is full of illegal Chinese shop keepers.

I think you will find some of those of Indian decent are Thai citizens and how do you know the Chinese are illegal ? They tell you ?, yes I am sure they tell you they are working illegally

And none of this is an indication of labour shortages anyway, why do you keep changing the subject anyway ?

Funny how you know who is and isn't legal just by looking at them you must have a gift

But he's convinced that he's entitled! The laws of sovereign nations don't apply to him! Of course, he wouldn't try this in his home country. He would only exploit the laws in developing nations, don't you see.

My impression is that he had been running some dodgy business in Thailand, employing tourists, either the thai business owners have tried to stitch him up / had a falling out or the local BIB/immigration got wind of things have been putting the pressure on and he had done a runner over the border

Lots of commentary here on "just sort the work permit problem" but I guess most saying that haven't actually needed to go through the process.

One complication is that it takes time and if you are already "working" then you are caught up on a wheel outside the law so to speak and the OP's comments regarding a transient workforce are spot on.

Been there seen that and got the t-shirt, the process is painless if you have people who know what they are doing and i base my observations on working in Thailand and having been through quite a few other WP/work visa processes in quite a few countries over the years and Thailands is one of the easiest wink.png

If you have everything correct and in order it is painless. I needed 3 attempts because the broker worked slow and stupid so always some document expired. After everything was done correct it was painless but expensive.

With an IQ of 80 and 1 hour time you could streamline everything in a way that would save half the time and costs.

With an IQ of 100 and 1 day for thinking you could cut away 90 % of it and still keep control of it.

why use an agent? When I started my company i had an account / office girl. I told her to do what is needed to get me a work permit. she said she didnt know anything about work permits and wanted to hire an agent. I told her no, call the labor department find out what is needed and provide them the documents.

She did as I asked and everything was completed within a few weeks. However she is a smart girl.

That's a bit strong, Hav u just rolled in from ur local bar?