Pattaya Beaches empty, following Jet Ski Crackdown

webfact

So Pattaya police receive daily reports of Jet-ski Scams - but only take notice when, for a few days, there are no such reports.

Plus : "They mentioned that most cases that did reach Pattaya Police Station were hard to resolve and Police would refer most cases to the Court."

We all know that the legal process via Courts in Thailand can take months or even longer - what hope does a Tourist on a few weeks holiday have to get his case resolved if the Police simply pass it up to the Courts and do nothing immediate themselves?

Patrick

Yeah the tourist will stay a few months to appear in court their case to be heard. What a sneeky bunch of BS from the police.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There just go somewhere else !

Today between 10am till 11am the Beachroad was absolut quiet, i start cycling from South Pattaya, and the first Human I discovered were a view ugly Coconut Ghosts near Starbuck's Coffee. I couldn't see even a single Jet Ski, or one of the Jet Ski Scammers, the Beach Road was never so quite as today ( a lucky Day for Cyclists?). It seams that all Scammers got suddenly Panic, but I wondering why the honest Jet Ski Operater don't show up, or does the honest Jet Ski Operator not exist?

all boat stuff is banned on the beach today because of the wind. theres no paragliders or launches to the islands either. they will be back tomorrow or whenever the wind stops, jetski scammers too

So Pattaya police receive daily reports of Jet-ski Scams - but only take notice when, for a few days, there are no such reports.

Plus : "They mentioned that most cases that did reach Pattaya Police Station were hard to resolve and Police would refer most cases to the Court."

We all know that the legal process via Courts in Thailand can take months or even longer - what hope does a Tourist on a few weeks holiday have to get his case resolved if the Police simply pass it up to the Courts and do nothing immediate themselves?

Patrick

Instead of police trying to arbitrate maybe a special fast track tribunal is the way to go.

Lets hope it picks up otherwise many hard working Thais and expats are going to lose their shirts , Government you need to fix the problems that affect tourism

Hard working, honest Thais have nothing to fear and nothing to lose, how expats are going to lose business here

that I don't understand.....

hard working honest Thais have nothing to fear unless they rent a Jet Ski from some not so honest Thais.

Pattaya Beaches empty, following Jet Ski Crackdown

beach-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Following the recent Jet Ski Crackdown led by the Crime Suppression Police from Bangkok last week, Beaches in Pattaya are reportedly empty and the Jet Ski Operators are nowhere to be seen.

It is thought that the majority of Jet Ski Operators have decided to stay away from Pattaya Beaches for now until the crackdown finishes and other workers who make their living from beachgoers report low numbers over the weekend.

We checked Pattaya Beach and the Bali Hai Port and both areas on Saturday afternoon, which would normally feature hundreds of foreign and domestic tourists, were very quiet as even some boat operators have decided to stay away for a while until the crackdown stops.

At Pattaya Police Station, the Criminal Investigation Department reported no Jet Ski disputes on Saturday which they claim is unheard of. They mentioned that most cases that did reach Pattaya Police Station were hard to resolve and Police would refer most cases to the Court.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/217910/pattaya-beaches-empty-following-jet-ski-crackdown/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-09-14

Pic taken at 730 am?? Tourism is not reliant of this. So silly that they need their own section in the funnies.

What time was the pic taken?

Must be some forum users there now. Give us your own report. Are fewer chairs in use than usual?

I was on Jomtien beach Saturday and Sunday and there were fewer thai's on the beach. The work on the pavement is still in progress for quite a long stretch,and I would think this has something to do with it.

There are very few tourist on the the beach, and maybe all the problems that have happened in Thailand over the past year or so, is now having an effect on tourist numbers comming to Thailand.

There were still a few jet skis being used on the water.

I do not think that tourists would be deterred from the ban on jet ski maybe it is because the European holidays have now finished or it could be that people decided to go elsewhere due to other reasons an example could be the recent Bangkok bombings !

Have to say that the picture looks great with no jet ski swarming the beaches !

To suggest that Pattaya Beaches are empty due to a lack of Jet Ski Operators is ludicrous...

Did you take a picture of Pattaya Beach "before" the Jet Ski Operation was shut down? NO!

Get real...the beaches can live without the Jet Ski scammers...

The implied presumption that low beach numbers is a consequence of jet ski crackdown is one of the more stupid headlines I have seen over the years. Like saying "I drink coffee and the sun rises". Numbers low for plethora of reasons: economy, junta, beach "improvement", lack of upkeep.... could go on and on

This is sad news I had better cancel my flight, I always travel half way around the World just to go to Pattaya so I can go to the beach and hire a jet ski. I guess I must be accident prone though because I always have to pay 90.000 baht after each ride I guess I must be clumsy, and thse poor jet ski guys whose valuble time I waste every time they walk me to the ATM, but they are very friendly and always help me put my visa into the ATM I will miss them.

About two years ago I had to spend some time in the Pattaya police station, and there were a couple of Arabs I think arguing with a policeman saying they have paid enough and were refusing to pay anymore, the cop was trying to placate them and said he will see what he could do. In comes the jet ski operator and after talking with the cop agrees to accept the price. Everybody leaves and the cop sits at his desk 10 mins later the jet ski guy comes back and gives the cop his cut of the deal, they did not even try to hide it.

Being fairly new to Thailand I was shocked it was done so openly

I did not see any jet ski vendors operating from Pattaya beach yesterday , but in Jomtien beach it's business as usual from both jetskis and boat operators . And we do not hear about scams in this area. Both Chinese, Koreans, Indians and Russians hire jetskis without much trouble it looks like.

yeah right ... gigglem.gif

Wow... No jet Skis, how will Pattaya manage ? Hahaha.... Good riddance !

The operators left probably thinking, "we will show you Police, try to tell us how to run our business bla bla bla....."

They might actually think people really care but it is the best news Pattaya and Thailand has had for years.

Hope they never return !!!

Why dont they build an attractive little fence all along the seafront with gateways too narrow to get jetski's through.