Germany implements temporary border checks to limit migrants

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angela Merkel is good evidence that even the most stupid German can become chancellor.

She has an University degree.....Look at the other politicians in Germany. She is by far the smartest (which isn't difficult.....)

Yes, she has a degree in physics. She should have stayed in that job.

Agree there's not many good politicians available anymore. Intelligent people got pissed by leaders like Helmut Kohl.

Most probably she wasn't good enough in physics....

Angela Merkel opened her arms to business and said welcome to Germany. Both Austria and Germany vilified the Hungarian government for fulfilling its EU border controls commitment. Even comparing the Hungarian government to the Nazi government of the German/Austrian past. Hungary should meet the migrants at the boarder with busses and ship them through to the Austrian boarder. Let Hungary take a "humanitarian" bow for helping the migrants along the way in an efficient and respectful manner. Merkel announced the welcome to Germany, leave it as her problem to deal with. coffee1.gif

I want to mention: Not Austria compared the Hungarian government with the Nazi government. The Austrians have no negative feelings to the Hungarian government and traditionally we are friends with Hungary. Only that uneducated Taxi Driver who is Premier of Austria in his second job insulted Hungary. But he'll be past with the next election or maybe even earlier.....

To have such a PM is a shame for every Austrian with an IQ over 80.

Angela Merkel will need the help from her political enemies, those young left-wing activists, and they will demand their price. Hopefully Germany will never be the same again after this.

It might get much worse. If it continue like this it is just a question of time till you have open fights between left and right radicals.

Angela Merkel will need the help from her political enemies, those young left-wing activists, and they will demand their price. Hopefully Germany will never be the same again after this.

It might get much worse. If it continue like this it is just a question of time till you have open fights between left and right radicals.

It has already started, much on German Facebook these days.

One thing for sure: This infamous German "we don't care" attitude that Helmut Kohl introduced will not work any longer.

Edited by micmichd

Wonderful plan Ankela, welcome everyone and realise too late it's going pear shaped which should have been obvious. One of your ministers is now insisting everyone should take their ' share '.

You invited them so enjoy. Better have your security forces on alert for when there's a reaction from them for not being treated as quickly and to the standard they demand.

Self Inflicted injury.

Thats what happens when Angela sits on the border and sings "You all come You all come" The migrants in turn in our present media society are all on their cell phones telling family and friends "You all come You all come" I just watched on the news one well dressed family with 3 children and the wife very pregnant looking for asylum. Most Euro countries backs are up against a wall financially where will they find the funds to settle all these mostly unskilled people. I hear some families were getting up to $500 a week in social benefits. Who needs ISIS conquer from within. I wonder how many terrorists are hiding among the herd of people flooding in?

Angela Merkel is good evidence that even the most stupid German can become chancellor.

Considering all your posts here on TV - including that above - you would have had a big chance to become a German chancellor. So I don't understand why you left Germany for ever.

But I agree with some people here that such a sudden U-turn is not easy to understand. It was foreseeable that her friendly invitation would be welcomed and to a certain part abused (i.e. trying to buy a Syrian passport).

As a German who had to leave the former Eastern Germany after the end of the Worl War II, I can understand the motives especially of Syrian people. On our way to Western Germany and during the time when the Russians and later the Polish army occupied our area people had to suffer a lot. Because of the results of the Jalta Conference we have been forced to leave Eastern Germany, a few remained. I guess the awful events in Syria have been and are more serious and life threatening than ours at the end of WW II.

I think we Germans, including Mrs. Merkel, didn't forget our ugly part of the reasons for WW II and welcomed refugees who were forced into the awful fights in the ME. But Merkel missed it to tell the refugees that they have to accept the Western culture + laws and not vice versa when fleeing to Europe.

BTW, it's a shame that the Western states which caused a lot of thease troubles in the ME behave now like the 3 well known monkeys. To handle 800.000 refugees - probably more - within one year is too much for one country alone. Only because of this reason Merkel's U-turn is understandable, although it was predictable - her mistake.

Wonderful plan Ankela, welcome everyone and realise too late it's going pear shaped which should have been obvious. One of your ministers is now insisting everyone should take their ' share '.

You invited them so enjoy. Better have your security forces on alert for when there's a reaction from them for not being treated as quickly and to the standard they demand.

Self Inflicted injury.

Thats what happens when Angela sits on the border and sings "You all come You all come" The migrants in turn in our present media society are all on their cell phones telling family and friends "You all come You all come" I just watched on the news one well dressed family with 3 children and the wife very pregnant looking for asylum. Most Euro countries backs are up against a wall financially where will they find the funds to settle all these mostly unskilled people. I hear some families were getting up to $500 a week in social benefits. Who needs ISIS conquer from within. I wonder how many terrorists are hiding among the herd of people flooding in?

Why should one be or become a "terrorist" when he's well off?

right you are. intelligent Germans live in Thailand's wilderness and present fairy tales in an expat forum how government or banks or who/whatever cheated them out of their money whistling.gif

She has an University degree.....Look at the other politicians in Germany. She is by far the smartest (which isn't difficult.....)

perhaps Germany would need another intelligent immigrant from Austria to fix matters? not necessarily from Braunau and not necessarily with the first name Adolf. we tried that before but the results were not exactly encouraging.

whistling.gif

Considering all your posts here on TV - including that above - you would have had a big chance to become a German chancellor. So I don't understand why you left Germany for ever.

But I agree with some people here that such a sudden U-turn is not easy to understand. It was foreseeable that her friendly invitation would be welcomed and to a certain part abused (i.e. trying to buy a Syrian passport).

As a German who had to leave the former Eastern Germany after the end of the Worl War II, I can understand the motives especially of Syrian people. On our way to Western Germany and during the time when the Russians and later the Polish army occupied our area people had to suffer a lot. Because of the results of the Jalta Conference we have been forced to leave Eastern Germany, a few remained. I guess the awful events in Syria have been and are more serious and life threatening than ours at the end of WW II.

I think we Germans, including Mrs. Merkel, didn't forget our ugly part of the reasons for WW II and welcomed refugees who were forced into the awful fights in the ME. But Merkel missed it to tell the refugees that they have to accept the Western culture + laws and not vice versa when fleeing to Europe.

BTW, it's a shame that the Western states which caused a lot of thease troubles in the ME behave now like the 3 well known monkeys. To handle 800.000 refugees - probably more - within one year is too much for one country alone. Only because of this reason Merkel's U-turn is understandable, although it was predictable - her mistake.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm too radical for a politician, not a good diplomat.

The reason I left Germany forever is a cultural conflict. I have been in Asia too long to be compatible with Germany, and I finally found my love and a new family in Thailand.

Not quite sure what you mean by "former East Germany". Do you mean the former GDR or the "far east" parts of Germany that now belong to Poland, Czechia and Russia?

Germany is still a split country in a way. Many East Germans managed to mmove over to the West, some say only the losers remained in the East. In fact, parts of the region which once was the GDR are now underpopulated, so inhabitants there feel like "underdogs" and get radicalized. I worked in Saxonia in 1991, and I saw it all go down.

Now, the assimilation of East Germany (GDR) into West Germany happened, and I guess it cannot be reversed.

Taking into account how West Germany treated me (and my Thai family), I am not willing to give them political advices at the moment.

Having worked with refugees for a number of years in the past, I find Ms. Merkel's actions laudable, but a little misguided. There are two major factors in a large scale exodus such as what we are seeing, they are the push and the pull factors. It is obvious why many of them are being 'pushed' or leaving the area. The problem is that the pull factors need to be assessed carefully to prevent an overwhelming influx of people.

These refugees and migrants may have access to social networking, but they live in a world that has more hearsay than facts.

I don't know that it is in anybody's best interest to have these people heading to Europe unless/until they are screened and can be resettled in an organized and reasonably orderly manner.

Angela I, Empress of the European Union by the grace of former German chancellor Helmut Kohl, makes a mistake and a few dozen chaps, mostly citizens from insignificant remote islands, are getting their knickers in a twist.

cheesy.gif

Or civil war.

Angela I, Empress of the European Union by the grace of former German chancellor Helmut Kohl, makes a mistake and a few dozen chaps, mostly citizens from insignificant remote islands, are getting their knickers in a twist.

cheesy.gif

Where do you have in mind: Ascension Island? Svalbard?

The trouble is that it is difficult indeed to talk about economic migrants without some dishonestly conflating views on these as applying to refugees too. This is not helped by the predictable tactic of economic migrants to pose as refugees. Unless Europe takes a tough stance on this issue and very quickly the Europe of thirty years time will be stricken by sectarian violence and civil war, the stakes are just too high to brush this under the carpet.

http://gatesofvienna.net/2015/09/immigration-altruism-and-national-suicide/

The politically correct West is de-natured, de-Christianised and de-populated. The incoming non-West is nature red in tooth and claw; fanatically religious and fanatically fecund. Tomorrow belongs to them, not us, and to welcome them in in the numbers we are currently allowing is to sign the death sentence for Western Civilisation.

Some European leaders understand this. Interestingly, they tend to be from the countries once controlled by Communism and therefore not swayed by the sixty years of politically correct, subversive indoctrination meted out to the non-Communist countries with regard to feminism, racism, multiculturalism and moral and cultural relativism.

Go on Merkel open those big arms of your's to the million migrants that you said you would take in, we are watching you, now it is a different story, doing border checks to stem the flow, you got what you asked for, and why should we help you, we did not want them in the first place, and now you want the help, i guess your crystal ball was not working on the day you got what you asked for, even the most un-educated people knew this would happen once you opened your mouth, now we are just waiting to see how many Migrants you let into your country soon start making their way towards the UK,

Do the rich Gulf states know something Germany doesnt.. ? They are only offering money (which is easy for them ) but not taking any refugees from the Syrian conflict .

The Gulf States know that they can send their Filipinos and Thais home any time they need to. They are Guest Workers.

Germany used to have this option, but now it seems it no longer has any options left.

The elephant in the room is Assimilation. The PC brigade will not allow the EU governments to have the debate. Ay least the Hungarians were honest about their expectations.

Some economic migrants will bring great benefits to the European economy. Many will not, and expect the European states to change to become more like the (backward-looking) countries they ran away from, but still providing social housing, free healthcare and benefits culture that the west is known for..

right you are. intelligent Germans live in Thailand's wilderness and present fairy tales in an expat forum how government or banks or who/whatever cheated them out of their money whistling.gif

Germans love fairy tales. Intelligent Germans pack facts into fairy tales, and the real intelligent ones ask before they judge.

cheesy.gif

Where do you have in mind: Ascension Island? Svalbard?

take a wild guess tongue.png