Thai court upholds death sentence of man who raped and murdered young girl on train

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let him linger for a year or two before they shoot him .

Thailand uses lethal injection for execution.

Either way, I hope they use the most incompetent executioner ever, who will balls it up repeatedly.

And I hope they do it soon....can't let even the slightest chance of appeal or pardon stop this.

The rapist gets one more appeal - to the Supreme Court (called a dika appeal). It probably will take 1-2 years to get a final ruling. I hope he suffers many rapes in prison while he awaits his eventual execution.

Might be a good move to locate him in the womens prison, I'm sure there would be a few hard cases there to sort him out - permanently, no need for appeals, long waits or the feeding and housing of this vermin.

All brutal murderers should get multiple death sentences. Death by hanging and after their neck is broke death by lethal injection followed by a good toasting on an electric couch (skip the chair... Want them to get the current from head to toes. Then mulch the remains and feed to the crocodiles. Still seems not enough.

And after he's been executed, can we please allow drinking alcohol for passengers on the trains again, please?

Talk about knee jerk reaction! This guy's credentials were not checked before the railway company employed him. He then committed a most atrocious crime while under the influence of drink and drugs, so what do they do?

Enforce a strict vetting progamme before employing anybody? Have periodic on the spot drink/drugs tests for all employees?

No, they just have a blanket ban of alcohol on all on all trains for staff and passengers alike - ridiculous!

I used to use the night train regularly from Bangkok to Surat Thani, and enjoy a drink or two in the buffet car, and smoke a cigarette or two before "hitting the sack". Not any more! With the advent of cheaper air fares, I see no enjoyment in being stuck on a train for 12 hours (at least - and that's if it's running on time - which is a rarity) being literally forced into bed by about 8.30 pm like a naughty schoolboy, and counting cockroaches to help me get to sleep!

Guess what, this article and thread is about the killer and the victim, not your inability to go a day without alcohol.

I was on the very same train the next day, didn't know till after I'd arrived in Bangkok and read the news why the train employees were so somber.

For this reason I followed the case, also here on TV, and already heard all the whining from TV members (expats it would appear) who railed against the alcohol ban like it was the most barbarous part of the the whole affair. Boorish and crass, same whining about it here IMO.

Guess what, this article and thread is about the killer and the victim, not your dreary, judgemental, dull 'I was almost there' posts.....

I actually think the reaction to the decision was more due to the 'knee-jerk' quality of the decision, once the horse had bolted and this maniac had already struck.

Edited by MrBrilliant

All brutal murderers should get multiple death sentences. Death by hanging and after their neck is broke death by lethal injection followed by a good toasting on an electric couch (skip the chair... Want them to get the current from head to toes. Then mulch the remains and feed to the crocodiles. Still seems not enough.

Did you miss the Inquisition?

So much hatred being expressed here...

Fully agree with you.
- I am glad for that condemnation for the victim and all his relatives, for society, for the example given to other psychopaths and for the murderer himself.
- But I have no hatred. This act has obligatorily been committed in a moment of madness by this young man who was probably pleasant in other circumstances.
In summary this is well so, but it is not decent to add more.
Edited by happy Joe

- But I have no hatred. This act has obligatorily been committed in a moment of madness by this young man who was probably pleasant in other circumstances.

So when he is not raping children he is pleasant? and according to you we should cut him some slack right?

Your an idiot.

And after he's been executed, can we please allow drinking alcohol for passengers on the trains again, please?

Talk about knee jerk reaction! This guy's credentials were not checked before the railway company employed him. He then committed a most atrocious crime while under the influence of drink and drugs, so what do they do?

Enforce a strict vetting progamme before employing anybody? Have periodic on the spot drink/drugs tests for all employees?

No, they just have a blanket ban of alcohol on all on all trains for staff and passengers alike - ridiculous!

I used to use the night train regularly from Bangkok to Surat Thani, and enjoy a drink or two in the buffet car, and smoke a cigarette or two before "hitting the sack". Not any more! With the advent of cheaper air fares, I see no enjoyment in being stuck on a train for 12 hours (at least - and that's if it's running on time - which is a rarity) being literally forced into bed by about 8.30 pm like a naughty schoolboy, and counting cockroaches to help me get to sleep!

Guess what, this article and thread is about the killer and the victim, not your inability to go a day without alcohol.

I was on the very same train the next day, didn't know till after I'd arrived in Bangkok and read the news why the train employees were so somber.

For this reason I followed the case, also here on TV, and already heard all the whining from TV members (expats it would appear) who railed against the alcohol ban like it was the most barbarous part of the the whole affair. Boorish and crass, same whining about it here IMO.

Guess what, this article and thread is about the killer and the victim, not your dreary, judgemental, dull 'I was almost there' posts.....

I actually think the reaction to the decision was more due to the 'knee-jerk' quality of the decision, once the horse had bolted and this maniac had already struck.

Nice bit of projection. I made no comment relating to my being on the same train the next day other than making that observation and then stating clearly that it led to my interest in the case.

So you may do that kind of dreary, dull "I was almost there posts" but don't project that on to others when there's no indication that's the motive. I have an interesting life as it happens and have no need to regale others with such tales. Sounds like YMMV.

As to judgemental, pot meet kettle. Who knows, maybe you're a closet alcoholic too and I touched a nerve, hence the projection.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

So when he is not raping children he is pleasant? and according to you we should cut him some slack right?

Your an idiot.

The problem with Dopey is that it does not know reading...

APPEALS COURT
Man gets death for child's rape, murder on train

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Appeals Court yesterday upheld the lower court's death sentence for child killer Wanchai Saengkhao.

Wanchai, 23, raped and murdered a 13-year-old girl on an overnight train bound for Bangkok on July 5 last year. He was an employee on the train at the time.

The verdict was read out at Prachuap Khiri Khan's Hua Hin Provincial Court.

Wanchai, who was in court to hear the verdict, can lodge an appeal within 30 days.

He had asked for a lighter sentence, claiming he confessed and had repented.

But the Appeals Court said the case could have been prosecuted without his confession.

It found that he confessed because of the solid incriminating evidence.

Wanchai appeared indifferent to proceedings throughout the 20-minute reading of the verdict.

Members of the victim's family and extended family said they were content with the ruling.

The girl was sleeping in her berth on the train when Wanchai attacked her. He threw her off the train while she was still alive.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Man-gets-death-for-childs-rape-murder-on-train-30268783.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-15

One can only imagine the last few minuets of life that poor girl spent in horror and hell and how she suffered at the hands of this animal.

Looks like he will be getting the justice he deserves.

However the actions of this coward have given the family of this poor girl a lifetime of sorrow, grief and morning and one can only imagine what they have been through.

Don't just execute him. Do so in a way that he doesn't die, let him recover and then do it again. Repeat multiple times to a near death experience, make this scum suffer. The first step in the process should be to cut is penis off, this should be done immediately.

Did you miss the Inquisition?

Seems he missed the testicle ripping clamp, the garrote, the finger and toe nail removal, the rack and the other very choice methods.

Unfortunatel most miss the point, advocating toture is only revenge and serves no useful purpose (although deep-down I'd like to give the b-astard a good kicking).

The solution is instant termination of life.

The article and thread are indeed about the killer and victim, and as I have already said, it was an atrocious crime, so I certainly don't think that the alcohol ban is the most barbarous part of the whole affair, and you are totally wrong to think so.

Also, I am perfectly capable of going a day or even a week or two without alcohol, but why should I have to? The point I am making is that because of the rail companies negligence in employing someone like the killer, they try to make amends by depriving ordinary passengers of their right to have a drink on what is a long, tedious journey, and just another example of Thai "officialdom's" knee jerk reactions, or "closing the barn door after the horse has bolted".

And by the way, just in case you are in any doubt, I am indeed an expat, (what's that got to do with it?) and without ranting or raving about how brutal his punishment should be, the world will be a better place without him.

Edited by sambum

The article and thread are indeed about the killer and victim, and as I have already said, it was an atrocious crime, so I certainly don't think that the alcohol ban is the most barbarous part of the whole affair, and you are totally wrong to think so.

Also, I am perfectly capable of going a day or even a week or two without alcohol, but the point is, why should I have to? The point I am making is that because of the rail companies negligence in employing someone like the killer, they try to make amends by depriving ordinary passengers of their right to have a drink on what is a long, tedious journey, and just another example of Thai "officialdom's" knee jerk reactions, or "closing the barn door after the horse has bolted".

And by the way, just in case you are in any doubt, I am an expat, and without ranting or raving about how brutal his punishment should be, the world will be a better place without him.

Good post, agree entirely

Sitting in that 1960's dining car and knocking back a few cold ones was a pleasurable experience but don't dare mention that here as your immediately branded a raving alcoholic. I just did that a trip to Penang 2 weeks ago and there were sellers boarding the train selling soft drinks and beer as well although I didn't buy any only because I'm not sure of the official policy as they did mention you can bring alcohol on board but I dont know if you can drink it outside of your bed.

In any case that was my last trip, the fun has gone and it was a looong and boring trip and you can find flights for the same now anyways. Exactly how does banning drink for passengers stop the train staff from committing Rape and Murder?

Poor girl and her poor older sister who was in charge of her well being

Also, I am perfectly capable of going a day or even a week or two without alcohol, but why should I have to? The point I am making is that because of the rail companies negligence in employing someone like the killer, they try to make amends by depriving ordinary passengers of their right to have a drink on what is a long, tedious journey, and just another example of Thai "officialdom's" knee jerk reactions, or "closing the barn door after the horse has bolted".

And by the way, just in case you are in any doubt, I am indeed an expat, (what's that got to do with it?) and without ranting or raving about how brutal his punishment should be, the world will be a better place without him.

Your WHOLE original post was about the ban on drinking effected after this murder, and how stupid that was and how unpleasant it made your train trips. So, I'm not "totally wrong," you're just back-pedalling or forgot what you wrote in your first post. It's right above so you can check it again and see that you merely whined about not getting your bottle on the train (and followed up with whines about cockroaches--so fly, pantywaist! :-)). I stand by my original comments, minus the presumption you're a daily drinker.

I probably shouldn't have extrapolated to your drinking habits, but if you go back to the threads on this forum after this murder and the alcohol ban you can read dozens of desperate and fuming posts by expats (presumably) who railed against the horror--the horror I tell you!!--of them not being able to drink alcohol on trains any more. Maybe you had post of your own amongst them. But considering the constant and sometimes heavy drinking that expats and tourists engage in in Thailand, my guess, even if inaccurate, had some basis.

Your WHOLE original post was about the ban on drinking effected after this murder, and how stupid that was and how unpleasant it made your train trips. So, I'm not "totally wrong," you're just back-pedalling or forgot what you wrote in your first post. It's right above so you can check it again and see that you merely whined about not getting your bottle on the train (and followed up with whines about cockroaches--so fly, pantywaist! :-)). I stand by my original comments, minus the presumption you're a daily drinker.

I probably shouldn't have extrapolated to your drinking habits, but if you go back to the threads on this forum after this murder and the alcohol ban you can read dozens of desperate and fuming posts by expats (presumably) who railed against the horror--the horror I tell you!!--of them not being able to drink alcohol on trains any more. Maybe you had post of your own amongst them. But considering the constant and sometimes heavy drinking that expats and tourists engage in in Thailand, my guess, even if inaccurate, had some basis.

"but if you go back to the threads on this forum after this murder and the alcohol ban you can read dozens of desperate and fuming posts by expats (presumably) who railed against the horror--the horror I tell you!!--of them not being able to drink alcohol on trains any more"

Thats what you want to hear but your not getting it. Its not the banning of the alcohol thats creating a storm but its the logic behind the Ban thats upsetting people. If Thailand trains just decided to ban alcohol without the silly knee jerk reaction then so be it! Just imagine if Thai airways banned alcohol because a steward killed some one ?

As a later post says - you just don't get it do you? My "WHOLE" (Your use of capitals - not mine) post included, (for the third time!) a reference to the fact that an unvetted employee committed an atrocious crime (What part of "atrocious crime" do you not understand?)

And as you say, you shouldn't have "extrapolated" (referred?) to my drinking habits. Neither I or my doctor don't have a problem with it - why should you? You obviously don't like expats and tourists who drink, but at the risk of going off topic,we (expats and tourists) contribute a lot of money towards the Thai economy, and a lot of that income is generated by the purchase of alcohol, so my advice to you is to become a little bit more tolerant of other people and get a life, or become a Muslim (If you're not one already!)

Edited by sambum