Thai court upholds death sentence of man who raped and murdered young girl on train

webfact

Thai court upholds death sentence of man who raped and murdered young girl on train

HUA HIN - Thailand’s Appeal Court has upheld the death sentence for a railway employee convicted of the rape and murder a 13 year old girl, whilst on a train heading for Bangkok from Nakhon Si Thammarat, in July last year.

The Court’s decision was read out in the Hua Hin Provincial Court on Monday, with the convicted killer present, reports ThaiRath.

The barbarous murder committed by the train employee, Wanchai Saengkhao, 23, had sparked uproar in Thailand and provoked calls for the execution of people convicted of rape.

Wanchai was convicted of raping and murdering a 13 year old child, who was sleeping in her berth on the train at the time. He then threw her out of the moving carriage whilst she was still alive.

The 23 year old came clean about drinking and taking drugs whilst on shift, and before raping and killing the girl, who was travelling with her sisters to Bangkok.

The child’s body was found three days later, near train tracks in Prachuap Khiri Khan. The felony then prompted the railway authority to introduce a scheme where there are women's-only carriages on the main routes nationwide.

Despite Wanchai pleading guilty during the original trial, the court ruled that because the evidence against him was overwhelming, he should still face the death penalty.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-14

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Death sentence upheld for train rapist-murderer

86-wpcf_728x413.jpg

HUA HIN: -- The Appeals Court on Monday upheld the death sentence imposed on a former employee of the State Railways of Thailand who raped and murdered a 13-year old passenger on board a night train last year.

The convict, Wanchai Saengkhao, who arranged bedsheets in sleeping carriages was charged with rape and murder of a 13-year old school girl who was travelling on a night train from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Bangkok on July 6, 2014. Then he concealed the crime by dumping the victim’s body from the speeding train.

Although Wanchai pleaded guilty during the trial in the court of first instance, the court refused to commute the death sentence on ground that the evidences against him were overwhelming.

The State Railway of Thailand has so far paid nearly 10 million baht in compensation and other expenses for the family of the victim.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-14

So so sad for the poor girl, terrible death, hate to think what her last moments were...

But it just makes me wonder, about the Guy who took away a four year old child and raped and murderded them and seemingly he has done it on numerous occasions to small boys ands girls ???

And then there is the likes of the Red a bull Heir, walking freely like nowt happened ?? That was no accident he dragged That poor Policeman under his car for a good distance, that is Cold blooded Murder too...., maybe in another context but still murder....

Let him linger for a year or two before they shoot him .

Thailand uses lethal injection for execution.

Either way, I hope they use the most incompetent executioner ever, who will balls it up repeatedly.

And I hope they do it soon....can't let even the slightest chance of appeal or pardon stop this.

Courts upholds child killer's death sentence
The Nation

HUA HIN: -- The Appeals Court Monday upheld the lower court's death sentence for child killer Wanchai Saengkhao.

Wanchai, 23, raped and murdered a 13-year-old girl on an overnight train bound for Bangkok on July 5 last year. He was an employee on the train at the time.

The verdict was read out at Prachuap Khiri Khan's Hua Hin Provincial Court.

Wanchai, in court to here the verdict, can lodge an appeal within 30 days.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Courts-upholds-child-killers-death-sentence-30268762.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-14

And after he's been executed, can we please allow drinking alcohol for passengers on the trains again, please?

Talk about knee jerk reaction! This guy's credentials were not checked before the railway company employed him. He then committed a most atrocious crime while under the influence of drink and drugs, so what do they do?

Enforce a strict vetting progamme before employing anybody? Have periodic on the spot drink/drugs tests for all employees?

No, they just have a blanket ban of alcohol on all on all trains for staff and passengers alike - ridiculous!

I used to use the night train regularly from Bangkok to Surat Thani, and enjoy a drink or two in the buffet car, and smoke a cigarette or two before "hitting the sack". Not any more! With the advent of cheaper air fares, I see no enjoyment in being stuck on a train for 12 hours (at least - and that's if it's running on time - which is a rarity) being literally forced into bed by about 8.30 pm like a naughty schoolboy, and counting cockroaches to help me get to sleep!

Let him linger for a year or two before they shoot him .

Thailand uses lethal injection for execution.

Either way, I hope they use the most incompetent executioner ever, who will balls it up repeatedly.

And I hope they do it soon....can't let even the slightest chance of appeal or pardon stop this.

The rapist gets one more appeal - to the Supreme Court (called a dika appeal). It probably will take 1-2 years to get a final ruling. I hope he suffers many rapes in prison while he awaits his eventual execution.

Perhaps rather than women only carriages focus on "drinking and taking drugs whilst on shift" may help alleviate the problem if this was managed a little better. Another knee jerk reaction from people who like to cover up things and put things in the too hard basket. RIP to the poor girl.

And after he's been executed, can we please allow drinking alcohol for passengers on the trains again, please?

Talk about knee jerk reaction! This guy's credentials were not checked before the railway company employed him. He then committed a most atrocious crime while under the influence of drink and drugs, so what do they do?

Enforce a strict vetting progamme before employing anybody? Have periodic on the spot drink/drugs tests for all employees?

No, they just have a blanket ban of alcohol on all on all trains for staff and passengers alike - ridiculous!

I used to use the night train regularly from Bangkok to Surat Thani, and enjoy a drink or two in the buffet car, and smoke a cigarette or two before "hitting the sack". Not any more! With the advent of cheaper air fares, I see no enjoyment in being stuck on a train for 12 hours (at least - and that's if it's running on time - which is a rarity) being literally forced into bed by about 8.30 pm like a naughty schoolboy, and counting cockroaches to help me get to sleep!

Wow...how horrible for you.

Guess what, this article and thread is about the killer and the victim, not your inability to go a day without alcohol.

I was on the very same train the next day, didn't know till after I'd arrived in Bangkok and read the news why the train employees were so somber.

For this reason I followed the case, also here on TV, and already heard all the whining from TV members (expats it would appear) who railed against the alcohol ban like it was the most barbarous part of the the whole affair. Boorish and crass, same whining about it here IMO.

Kudos to the judge who handed down this sentence. Sounds like a gutsy decision, on a land famous for weak judges, and lenient sentences. Not to sound too cynical, but the defendant sounds like he had neither cash, nor influence, nor family name to lean on. Regardless, it is a good decision, as the oxygen will smell cleaner and fresher once this creep has expired. Certain actors revoke your right to breathe oxygen. This was one of them.

Perhaps they should do a reenactment of the crime and throw him from the speeding train , if he lives say " sorry was it more like this " and do it again.

Yes, as the article sort-of makes clear he raped her then threw her alive from the train. Imagine the horror and pain this little girl experienced. Heinous.

He was on yabaa but nevertheless what kind of human does that to anyone especially a youngster? Maybe he should indeed spend his last moments understanding perfectly what he did to her.....

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

Wow...how horrible for you.

Well, yes, actually when they start running over your face in the middle of the night, or you find them in your luggage or baggage!

If justice was truly to be served in cases like this one, there would be a "rape machine" in a kind of "tiled torture room" with other rapists who got away with life in prison being appointed as cleaners and care takers and maintenance staff for such rooms and machines; this empathy depraved subhuman, named Saengkhao would then be strapped to that machine for a good 90 minutes (lubricants denied by the judge) and if still alive being tossed from a train at full speed. What goes around, comes around - in this case I am 101% for death penalty.

Same should happen to swines like "Nui" who raped and killed several small children in the past and got away with two life sentences (photo). This rule of reducing a death sentence to life if the culprit admits should be cancelled. Such animals have no right to live and contaminate our world with their presence.

30265017-01_big.jpg

Thailand has not executed anyone since 2009...

I am anti death penalty... but some times when you read of what this lad did I tend to think OK lets make an exception, it was a terrible crime, he has confessed, and he has not retracted his confession.

If he is executed then there will be more maybe some who have not confessed and actually are innocent, I am sure that after a few years his sentence will be commuted to life when Thailand does away with the death penalty, for him I hope life is far worse than execution.