Savannakhet Non Imm B: missing document, which document?

I went to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet today to apply for a Non Imm B visa.

After the officer had gone through all the documents I submitted, he said that the paperwork was missing a

Kor Sor 3 or Sor Kor 3 document.

I am, now, not exactly sure what document he mentioned, could also have been Tor Kor 3 or Kor Tor 3.

In any case, it is a document related to the company through which I am applying.

I let my manager know and mentioned Tor Kor 3/Kor Tor 3 to him.

He called me and told me he is not familiar with any such document.

Again, maybe I remember incorrectly what the officer said.

Now, my question is: can anyone help and tell what document, that has to do with the company, the officer probably meant????

Is it:

4. Original Letter of approval from the ministry of Labour (ต.ท.3) ??????

FYI: I had given the staff at the company a list of required documents as taken from the website of this consulate.

To the best of my knowledge, the staff had been able to prepare all the documents as listen on that website.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

As an aside: as most know the consulate has moved to a new location.

I don't know if it was because today was Monday, but it was very very crowded; at least over 500 people, mostly Laotians.

The queue ran all the way outside the consulate.

I, and most others, spent at least 90 minutes before getting to the counter.

As my luck (not) went, they did not want to process my non imm B application and said I should apply for tourist visa instead,

so I had time to get the documents sorted. Unfortunately this also meant I had to get back at the queue again.

I spent 3 (!) in total waiting, standing in a queue. I got there at about 09:45.

So for anyone going: get there early.

Have your boss check that you have all the documents on the list!!!

I handed the list on what's needed for my non-b visa (teacher) to the secretary of the college where I work. After 2 months I had to ask the director to ORDER the staff of the college to do some of the documents as the secretary had just prepared the documents that was EASY to do when I asked for them. I don't want to say bad things about Thais but some are lazy and has the "sabuy sabuy" mentality about everything, they don't seem to understand that it takes time for some documents (I needed a letter from OVEC, it took 4 weeks to get that signed as the Secretary General was on holiday!) and we need them as quickly as possible for our visas and WP so that we can stay and work here.

4. Original Letter of approval from the ministry of Labour (ต.ท.3) ??????

The above would be tor thor 3

I can't find any reference to Kor Tor 3 or Tor Kor 3

Yes it the Letter of Approval from Labour issued against a successful WP3 application (Thai for WP3 is (ต.ท.3) - Dtor Tor 3).

Does the OP have the A5 sized WP 3 receipt?

Or the Kor Ror 3 - Original Marriage Certificate.

I asked the officer about it when I picked up my passport, and it is the Letter of Approval from the MoL. The reason I need this letter is that, even though I already have a work permit, it expires next month, whereas the visa would be for the next 3 months. This is why just having the work permit was not enough.

I must say that I had noted this detail in another

thread where I asked about required documents,

but none of the respondents had picked up on that.

I any case, thanks for the replies.

The thread will surely be of use to others also.

Cheers!

My work permit was supposed to expire last July 7 and my visa last Aug 12. barely 2 weeks left before my wp expires, Our HR went to Ministry of Labour at Din Daeng to renew it with complete documents. After 7 days I got my new work permit. After that, together with our HR Again, we went to Immigration at Chaeng Wattana to extend again my visa for 1 year. My point here is that, if you already have work permit no need to apply again for non b.

My work permit was supposed to expire last July 7 and my visa last Aug 12. barely 2 weeks left before my wp expires, Our HR went to Ministry of Labour at Din Daeng to renew it with complete documents. After 7 days I got my new work permit. After that, together with our HR Again, we went to Immigration at Chaeng Wattana to extend again my visa for 1 year. My point here is that, if you already have work permit no need to apply again for non b.

That is only of those employed by companies who can supply documentation which meets the requirement(s) for an "extension of stay".

Visas are never "extended"

I was on a Non Imm O visa <marriage> (not an extension) that had already expired in June, and I was on my last 90 days permission to stay (I did a border exit/entry just 2 days

before that visa expired in June) that will expire on 18th September 2015 (tomorrow). I don't think I could have gotten an extension of stay (also because I have already gotten

divorced, so the grounds for that, already expired, Non Imm O visa are no longer).

Now I am on a double entry tourist visa.

I now understand that we, the company and I, basically have to apply for new work permit (current WP expires on 14th October 2015), and that the receipt that we will get

when submitting the paperwork for the work permit is that 'letter' that I need, that the IO was referring to, to submit with my Non Imm B application.

Perhaps a redundant question, but: can a double entry tourist visa be converted to a Non Imm B visa, within Thailand, if one has a valid work permit???

Please try to call 111 and press zero. Someone will answer your question. This is a government call center in Thailand

You should re-educate yourself on the concept of a 'forum'.

Why criticise the jm69 for trying to be helpful.

Unfortunately answers to questions on a forum usually fall into 4 categories.

'Yes' positive answer.

'No' negative answer.

'Maybe' meaning they don't know.

'Useless' giving no useful information whatsoever.

Your reply to jm69 falls into the 'useless' category.

^^

Valid point, however, my question on this forum was not "Where can I get an answer to this <fill in> question?", my question on this

forum is "Can anyone on this forum answer this question: can a double entry tourist visa be converted to a Non Imm B visa, within Thailand, if one has a valid work permit???".

And I was looking forward to a positive answer.

I know I can approach a government call center for my question, but I choose to seek an answer within a forum, hence my posting here.

But thanks for your input (although it was useless regards my actual question).

smile.png