Top poster category on TV forum

ezzra

Is it really important about having a 'top poster' list, or 'popular poster' list?

Read the threads that interest you. Read or post topics to learn/research something. Make comments wherever you feel. Ignore posters that annoy you (there is a function for this, on the site). Most of all, have fun.

To me, and me alone, my online popularity is not a factor in my life and I cannot begin to understand the levels of importance that some apply to their online persona (suicide from online bullying is an extreme of this).

Why did I visit this topic? I put it down to a curiosity of trying to understand the importance of a person's need for online acceptance and popularity.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think that would work. Go have a look at the number of likes held by the regular posters in the Photography Forum. If you post pictures or jokes on TVF your likes go through the roof.

Shhhh! ..... don't tell people that about the photo forum ....facepalm.gifwhistling.giftongue.png

Sorry, Jimmy. Just had to "like" that! biggrin.png

Profile Views is another interesting statistic. I thought passing 60,000 was a big deal until I looked at transom 74,000+ and jingthing 97,500+. Guess I am nowhere near as interesting as I thought.smile.png

I thought that corresponded to death threats.

Profile Views is another interesting statistic. I thought passing 60,000 was a big deal until I looked at transom 74,000+ and jingthing 97,500+. Guess I am nowhere near as interesting as I thought.smile.png

Come to think of it... then again I try to stay positive.smile.png

Quality not quantity.

A lack of quantity doesn't automatically signify quality, however, and quality can lead to quantity from time to time.

Quality not quantity.

A lack of quantity doesn't automatically signify quality, however, and quality can lead to quantity from time to time.

Quality for food...quantity for drinks! :D

Quality not quantity.

Quality for food...quantity for drinks! biggrin.png

Not being a drinker I will take your word on that.wai.gif

Quality not quantity.

Quality for food...quantity for drinks! biggrin.png

Not being a drinker I will take your word on that.wai.gif

Its good to rehydrate...never assume sir!

Profile view statistics here.

Profile view statistics here.

If you want people to view your profile, you should post something like:

Huge tits here! smile.png

As said before:

Quality not quantity matters.

Add further information eg joining date. Helps provide frequency of posts.

Number of threads commenced.

Threads locked.

# Threads deleted...

# Posts hidden from view...

# Posts edited by a mod...

# "Holidays" given...

# Warnings given...

# Posts made before the "Like" system introduced...

Anything else? biggrin.png