Has anyone received an order from iHerb recently?

giddyup

I just received an email that my recent order has been shipped, via FedEx Global Mail, which is a bit of a worry. Because the only times I've had a parcel sent (not iHerb) by FedEx I've had to pay duty. Has anyone received anything fro iHerb sent by FedEx recently?

says the same for me:

Shipped via:
FedEx-GlobalMailLt Estimated Delivery:
September 22, 2015 - October 20, 2015 Tracking:
Unfortunately, FedEx-GlobalMailLt does not have a tracking system.

if duty is unreasonable I refuse to accept it.

says the same for me:

Shipped via:

Ditto. My order was over 2000 baht and I'm not prepared to pay more than 10% duty, otherwise I might as well buy locally. The previous means of postage they used was reliable and no duty, why did they change I wonder?

says the same for me:

Shipped via:

Ditto. My order was over 2000 baht and I'm not prepared to pay more than 10% duty, otherwise I might as well buy locally. The previous means of postage they used was reliable and no duty, why did they change I wonder?

cheaper.....It was very cheap, I guess 4 USD for the shipping.

Lets hope it arrives per regular post (Shipping FedEx doesn't mean it arrives with FedEx).

If it get too expensive I'll refuse it....yes 10% sounds OK.

says the same for me:

Shipped via:

cheaper.....It was very cheap, I guess 4 USD for the shipping.

Lets hope it arrives per regular post (Shipping FedEx doesn't mean it arrives with FedEx).

If it get too expensive I'll refuse it....yes 10% sounds OK.

My postage costs were just over $6 this time, but I ordered more than usual.

Received a $51 order from iHerb about 2 weeks ago and didn't have to pay anything extra. I was concerned about the new mailing service too because regular Fedex won't deliver to a post office box but no problem with this order. Shipping time was quicker and cost cheaper, $3 instead of the usual $5 charge.

After I received the order, I posted about this topic on the Chiang Mai Forum. Others seemed to have the same experience but suggested keeping orders small, around $50 or less.

Edited by sante

Got one two weeks ago , and shipping was 7 bucks for a 70 dollar order . No duty and I always tip postman 100 + baht , if they not want to carry box they have you pick up at post office so the tip is money well spent [emoji445]

All my orders running 2 weeks but last order took the longest almost 3 Weeks ?

Got one two weeks ago , and shipping was 7 bucks for a 70 dollar order . No duty and I always tip postman 100 + baht , if they not want to carry box they have you pick up at post office so the tip is money well spent [emoji445]

All my orders running 2 weeks but last order took the longest almost 3 Weeks ?

thumbsup.gif I think the 100+ Baht are a good investment......I guess he can now deliver a 50kg box.

Or if you ever need someone to load something heavy I am sure you can ask him and he can find 10 men within 5 min who help for free (but expect a usual tip tongue.png ).

My wife is doing that with the motorbike taxis here....very useful.....

I am pretty sure when companies use "global mail" and that inclused Fedex and DHL, couriers actually transfer every single order to a local carrier (mostly pricate carrier, but sometimes a government post)once it gets to a destination country. I make a lot of orders from Amazon and this is what I see 100%.

Also, I would not recommend refusing any order from iHerb. While I never had any problems with this company they are not Amazon and do not take kindly to making losses.

FedEx Global Mail utilises the 'Last Mile' delivery protocol. Everything up to the final delivery carrier is done by FedEx or whomever the system carrier is, then the local delivery (last mile) is usually done by the in country postal service. The UPS last mile delivery variant is the only one that will sometimes actually be delivered by the local UPS facility.

Duty is not usually paid on any 'last mile' shipments, as they are bulk cleared and the in country system carrier doesn't receive the shipment until its at the local delivery point. They don't usually have customs capabilities.

I am pretty sure when companies use "global mail" and that inclused Fedex and DHL, couriers actually transfer every single order to a local carrier (mostly pricate carrier, but sometimes a government post)once it gets to a destination country. I make a lot of orders from Amazon and this is what I see 100%.

Also, I would not recommend refusing any order from iHerb. While I never had any problems with this company they are not Amazon and do not take kindly to making losses.

Mu Amazon orders in Bangkok always came with the UPS truck.

• 2 weeks later...

giddyup, did you receive you parcel ? coffee1.gif

No, not yet, and it was sent September 15, almost 3 weeks ago.

Sorry to hear that, I hope it arrives soon. I was about to place an order as the price of vitamins in Thailand is way over the top. coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i made an order on 5th of Feb and it was delivered on 16th of Feb. I live in an apartment and the delivery was made to the office so i didn't know. I thought it would take about 3 weeks but when I checked today, my package was already there. I gotta say shipping is pretty fast. I got free shipping by airmail for ordering over 40$(my order was around 42$). This was my first time ordering and I have plan to order more.

My last order also was under 2 weeks and free shipping because order under 40 dollars . Thai people can order if they have credit card and would think this would be very popular if anyone has any idea the value and selections this place offers . When I am at Boots pharmacy now and look at the overpriced limited vitamins they offer and I use to have to choose from I have to laugh . What a blessing this place is just remember to keep orders under 4 pounds and well under 100 bucks and only for personal use using slow mail to not cause problems .

Edited by Lumbini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Having ordered some items in January THAT NEVER ARRIVED I waited till end of March and iformed Iherb that my order never arrived. Having ordered many times before they said that we will refund your money this time but if it happens again they will not.. Money was refunded and i placed another order which arrived two weeks later . Cant complain too much ...