where to buy best meat pies in pattaya

dirtycash

the pie man, you know the guy with his wife goes around on motorbike selling cornish pasties, his pies are the best i have tried and im wondering where to get these from .

also while imm here and dont want to start another thread about food, i went into ( think its jollies ) fish n chips on soi lenkee last night, was quoted 399 baht for fish supper. day light robbery. anywhere else do a nice fish supper for a reasonable price ?

I normally get my fish and chips on Thappraya Rd. for myself and the missus, usually between 400 and 500 Bt. Can you imagine my absolute delight when I was visiting the night market along the Jomtien Beach Rd (around Soi 9)and seen beautiful fish and chips for...wait for it....60 Bt. Sometimes they even give you 2 beautiful fresh fish with the chips. Then you can go to the seating area with tables in front of the disco music stage and while eating your fish and chip you can be entertained by the kiddies (Farang+Thai) strutting their stuff for their parents up on the stage......Just brilliant. Then wash it down with a mixed fruit drink for 20 Bt. What a nice way to end a stroll along the beach.

Eat more Fruit and Veg, you will live longer and also with the satisfaction with the fact your countries government will still have to keep paying your pension LONGER make them suffer and pay up and stay on. Have meat as the exception there is plenty of good fish in LOS both from the sea and other places.... biggrin.png

I normally get my fish and chips on Thappraya Rd. for myself and the missus, usually between 400 and 500 Bt. Can you imagine my absolute delight when I was visiting the night market along the Jomtien Beach Rd (around Soi 9)and seen beautiful fish and chips for...wait for it....60 Bt. Sometimes they even give you 2 beautiful fresh fish with the chips. Then you can go to the seating area with tables in front of the disco music stage and while eating your fish and chip you can be entertained by the kiddies (Farang+Thai) strutting their stuff for their parents up on the stage......Just brilliant. Then wash it down with a mixed fruit drink for 20 Bt. What a nice way to end a stroll along the beach.

It that battered fillet fish with chips ?

Pasties? I make my own, originating from Devon, as I do. Shop-sold are overpriced and underflavoured. Haven't tried pies. No doubt could do so, but Villa sells Fray Bentos, which are very good. Villa also sells Harry Ramsden battered cod fillets, which you bake in the oven. Again, worth buying.

"Yorkies" pies were always a really good buy until around 18 months ago, when unfortunately, the chap that owned the business passed away.

He passed on the recipies to his Thai wife, who is continueing to run the business.

<deleted>

Who has ever eaten a Pork Pie with the filling from a Cumberland Sausage ????. And it was not even moist - just as dry as a towel.

That was my last experience of a Yorkies Pie. A great shame as their Cornish Pasty was as good as any UK made pasty.

Edited by Rimmer
Libellous

"Yorkies" pies were always a really good buy until around 18 months ago, when unfortunately, the chap that owned the business passed away.

He passed on the recipies to his Thai wife, who is continueing to run the business.

<deleted>

Who has ever eaten a Pork Pie with the filling from a Cumberland Sausage ????. And it was not even moist - just as dry as a towel.

That was my last experience of a Yorkies Pie. A great shame as their Cornish Pasty was as good as any UK made pasty.

Yes, Norman Denning the owner of Yorkies did pass away but the business was continued to be run by his ENGLISH wife Eileen who in her own right had run her own butchers shop in Yorkshire for over 10 years before both she and Norman came to Pattaya.

<deleted>

What cr-p. Norman's widow, Eileen, is a bonny English lady who may well be the brains behind the brand's phenomenal success. The racist caste of your post destroys its credibility

Can you imagine my absolute delight when I was visiting the night market along the Jomtien Beach Rd (around Soi 9)and seen beautiful fish and chips for...wait for it....60 Bt. Sometimes they even give you 2 beautiful fresh fish with the chips.

What sort of fish is that, and cooked how? I suppose that this is from one of the tents/stalls in that area? I quite often buy things to eat there but I cant say that I've noticed proper fish and chips. Several places there do chips but most of the stalls that do them seem to cook them in advance, which is OK if you like soggy chips.

the pie man, you know the guy with his wife goes around on motorbike selling cornish pasties, his pies are the best i have tried and im wondering where to get these from .

also while imm here and dont want to start another thread about food, i went into ( think its jollies ) fish n chips on soi lenkee last night, was quoted 399 baht for fish supper. day light robbery. anywhere else do a nice fish supper for a reasonable price ?

yes his pies are really good,but only see him from time to time