Policed called to my wifes family home about farang living here

When I went to immigration in Nongkhai when I was 3 days here to get a form for my driving license they hit me for B800 and said we should of came in and imformed them within 48 of an Alien at the address. No mention of imforming the police. Strange as I got forms in Phuket immigration with not a mention of imforming them 1 month late. Although my landlord in Phuket is high up the ladder in customs.

What do " customs" have to do with the immigration or police services?

The point I was making is. 1 day late reporting my address in Nongkhai to immigration fine B800

1 month late reporting address in Phuket immigration no 1 baht not a question nothing. Paper work to open bank account giving to me. I was asumming maybe my landlord who work high up in customs had sorted it.

One of our neighbours is a policeman and I asked him if I should report my presence at the police station.

He replied with good humour "No- we are much too busy catching bad people and do not have time to list and count the good guys" !

So have not reported and have (so far) have not had a formal visit!

(South Thailand)

I would do the same thing and ignore this gestapo BS!

One of our neighbours is a policeman and I asked him if I should report my presence at the police station.

He replied with good humour "No- we are much too busy catching bad people and do not have time to list and count the good guys" !

(South Thailand)

Tough man sperm, tough man!

• Like 2

The point I was making is. 1 day late reporting my address in Nongkhai to immigration fine B800

1 month late reporting address in Phuket immigration no 1 baht not a question nothing. Paper work to open bank account giving to me. I was asumming maybe my landlord who work high up in customs had sorted it.

How did they know you were there longer than 24 hrs?

• Like 1

You're supposed to report to the local police within 24 hours of arriving but it's a law thats rarely enforced, and up until recent events the police didn't seem bothered about it. They are supposed to keep an up to date register of all foreigners in there area I think they've had their backsides kicked and these visits are simply reactive ass covering. My wife had a phone call last week to check if I was still here.

Do you meant to say that after all the photos, form filling and fees, that Thai Immigration don't advise Thai Police of our details, addresses?

That's truly amazing, considering that this 'update' must be done every 90 days.

(South Thailand)

Do you mean the Gestapo that don't insist anyone reports to them after arriving in Thailand or moving around the country as required by law.

Seems to me they are doing everyone a favour!

Edited by elviajero

You're supposed to report to the local police within 24 hours of arriving but it's a law thats rarely enforced, and up until recent events the police didn't seem bothered about it. They are supposed to keep an up to date register of all foreigners in there area I think they've had their backsides kicked and these visits are simply reactive ass covering. My wife had a phone call last week to check if I was still here.

Do you meant to say that after all the photos, form filling and fees, that Thai Immigration don't advise Thai Police of our details, addresses?

That's truly amazing, considering that this 'update' must be done every 90 days.

I don't know if they do or not. But the requirement to report to the police doesn't really have anything to do with immigration reporting. Someone could live here, entering on any visa, full time and never go near an immigration office.

I don't know if they do or not. But the requirement to report to the police doesn't really have anything to do with immigration reporting. Someone could live here, entering on any visa, full time and never go near an immigration office.

huh?

When you arrive into country who do you think stamps you into country?

huh?

When you arrive into country who do you think stamps you into country?

Is the answer an immigration officer?

• Like 1

The first time I shaved my head and put on the orange robes was in Lam Luhk Kha. 2 days after the ceremony, the head Police chief shows up at the temple to have a chat. I was there 4 months, never saw him again. Moved to Lopburi, 2 days later, the head Police chief shows up for a chat. In both cases they never asked to see anything. Both were very polite, just checking things out.

• Like 1

You guys are nuts...reporting to the police your presence 555 555 555

Why?

Because IMMIGRATION is the office responsible for foreigners in country NOT the BIB.

My nearest Immigration office is 125km away. There is a one man police post 2 km away and a bigger one 6 km and the main office is 15 km away. I am fairly sure that the local police force have NS Immigrations phone number and vice versa and the local guys will be the first here. I see them around the big village and say hallo and that is about it.

We did have a farang FIFO here but he had a problem with the Pu Yai Ban and the local police and his wife's family were loosely connected with the local drug scene. He had a visit from the local and regional police, the drug squad and the Army and several months later he moved on

The local police came to see me once about 3 or 4 years ago. We had a chat, they took a photo and I have never seen them since. Up here in rural Khampaeng Phet they know who we are, (there are not that many of us), where we live, who are families are and if we cause no problems they leave us alone. They aren't interested in extra paperwork so neither we nor they bother.

Immigration down in Nakhon Sawan are the same. I have tried to hand in the forms but they don't want to know either, nor have I had a home visit in 5 years of 90 day reports and retirement extensions.

Rest assured that IF any of us cause problems the police or the Immigration police will know and visits will be in order.

• Like 1

I had a visit last week from the BiB, out about a hour away from Chiang Mai. I was not there as I spend most my time in CM and only once or twice a month do I go out to the house for a day or three. I have been there now for 7 years. My partners mother was asked where I am and was I working at all. She told them I was in Chiang Mai living backward and forth with my partner and would be back this week for two days. My partners Step Father was there and came out and saw them as well and asked what was going on. They said they had to check 140 farang in this area as it came down from the Top since the bombings.

They said nothing else after that, had a look around the property, asked the neighbours a few questions, like was I working (I am retired on a pension and am 46 years old) and the funny part was, the neighbours told them I gave them so much work from doing the gardening (mowing large areas of turf), cleaning the driveways an clearing rubbish around our property, that it was good for them. When the Nut season comes, they all have several days work harvesting my partners trees. We have a cousin that is not a full quid that looks after all the Nut trees for us and he has a small house that we built for him to live in out the back of the block of trees.

Next time I head out there, I might call in at the local office and let them know I am around. Seems like a few people here have done it. My partner is very well known in the area but I thought by now the BiB already knew that we where a item as for the Grand Opening of our house 6 years ago, we had a the head officer of our area come as he owned rice fields next to our property. Maybe I will ask my partner to give him a ring an see what to done.

So yes, it looks like us to the North are being checked.

This is my first trip on the non O visa. In 4 years coming to Phuket and visiting north east I never once reported my address and had tones of visit to immigration. Im normally in Thailand 6 months a year. So went to get the paperwork for a driving license so was not aware of the reporting and got fined when they asked when we got here. Edited by IrishDec

This is my first trip on the non O visa. In 4 years coming to Phuket and visiting not east I never once reported my address and had tones of visit to immigration. Im normally in Thailand 6 months a year. So went to get the paperwork for a driving license so was not aware of the reporting and got fined when they asked when we got here.

I mean could you not have said you have been travelling and just arrived? Too late now i know!

This is my first trip on the non O visa. In 4 years coming to Phuket and visiting not east I never once reported my address and had tones of visit to immigration. Im normally in Thailand 6 months a year. So went to get the paperwork for a driving license so was not aware of the reporting and got fined when they asked when we got here.

I mean could you not have said you have been travelling and just arrived? Too late now i know!

Ill know next time anyway.

• Like 1

I asked about this here at the local police station earlier this year and there where not one police officer there who know about the 24 -hour report. I had printed the forms from the immigration webpage and had them ready but they did not even accept them as they did not know what to do with them!

I asked about this here at the local police station earlier this year and there where not one police officer there who know about the 24 -hour report. I had printed the forms from the immigration webpage and had them ready but they did not even accept them as they did not know what to do with them!

Surely them refusing to accept the completed form is a crime, I wonder if you can file a complaint and get a police report on such a crime? blink.pnggigglem.gif

• Like 1