Drinking Songs.

NoshowJones

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit wussy all this. Thought you were looking for the type of songs that beery/bleery/cheery blokes sing with arms round each other at pub closing timetongue.png

Actually I think possum would like to start a thread devoted solely to George Jones. Expect the next thread to be called something like: ' Songs by men wearing smoked glasses' or 'Songs by men married several times' or even ' Songs by singers with animal nicknames. We haven't seen the last of George Jones that's for sure

Here's a few drunken blokes for you SantiSuk, they're certainly cheery and beery, but the background and they look a bit dreary, and they left me feeling weary and teary

Here's another cheery song by a serious drinker, one of rgs's idols

555, a good move to play the West Country Idiots rgs, the last time they were on TV, it provoked a comment from DB, a rare event indeed, but i don't think he follows this thread, he probably doesn't drink enough which is not good for his health.

Drinking and rock music,they go together like cheese with Branston pickle and pickled onions, fish and chips with HP sauce and mustard, Yorkshire puddings and horse radish.........apologies ...slipping into.unconsciousness due to food reminisces resulting in oversalivitation of certain taste glands that have been inactive for 25 years.

A song played in homage to one of the world's heaviest drinkers

The drinker in action- apologies for several previous postings

Bit wussy all this. Thought you were looking for the type of songs that beery/bleery/cheery blokes sing with arms round each other at pub closing timetongue.png

Actually I think possum would like to start a thread devoted solely to George Jones. Expect the next thread to be called something like: ' Songs by men wearing smoked glasses' or 'Songs by men married several times' or even ' Songs by singers with animal nicknames. We haven't seen the last of George Jones that's for sure

Here's a few drunken blokes for you SantiSuk, they're certainly cheery and beery, but the background and they look a bit dreary, and they left me feeling weary and teary

Here's another cheery song by a serious drinker, one of rgs's idols

We haven't seen the last of George Jones that's for sure. You should be grateful for that, it could have been Elton John or Michael Jackson.

Great stuff, mentioned this before, dedicated to my mate across the soi, India Daeng, and his mrs cheu len hiawatha, great drinking song.

Rumour has it, BN hasnt been on here of late, he is too busy seeking out a dodgy indian tailor in Booniesville to knock him up some tartan keks and shirts ready for the BCR revival.

I'm sorry possum, what was once an admirable thread full of real men feeling sorry for themselves has deteriorated into a love fest between shirt lifters of various creeds and colour. Hopefully this next song can restore some credibility to those who drink on the straight and narrow, even if they are dead, sadly well before their time, ( and I don't mean Thatcher, the milk bottle snatcher).

BN old chap, sorry if I was too cryptic for you, most of the macho men I encounter in Thailand seem to be fuelled by drink.

I was once sat in a Gov't office, stroppy farang gobbing off, the lady got out from behind the counter and said, please wait here.

Farang started gobbing off to his mate and anyone who would listen, thats the way to deal with these people I dont take no shyt etc etc.

20 minutes later, I had finished my business and left, same idiot farang was still sat there waiting, I smirked as I left, wondering to myself, how much longer would he sit there before the satang dropped.

One only has to read some of the posts posted here, cant help but laff, this aint Kansas now Dorothy.

Ah, great stuff, what is there not to like, catchy lyrics, singalong chorus.

Even this gets the George Jones seal of approval, LOL, how about Possum getting the band back together Blues Bros style for a country version?

The last professional band I played with back in Scotland are still together, well one of them is, he does not like George Jones, more into

Daniel O'Donnell, and yes, he is a bit tone deaf in his old age.

Ah, great stuff, what is there not to like, catchy lyrics, singalong chorus.

Even this gets the George Jones seal of approval, LOL, how about Possum getting the band back together Blues Bros style for a country version?

The last professional band I played with back in Scotland are still together, well one of them is, he does not like George Jones, more into

Daniel O'Donnell, and yes, he is a bit tone deaf in his old age.

^^^^, Great stuff worthy of a thread of its own.

The early years, the influences.

The first single, the first appearance of TOTP.

The mundane motorway miles in the back of a Transit van.

The always difficult second follow up album.

Ripped off by the record company, the constant need to be on the road.

Marriage breakdowns, the drugs, the groupies.

The wilderness years.

Regrouping of the group, internal squabbles, on and off stage fighting.

The comeback tour.

The top up the pension plan farewell tour before retiring overseas.

Not so much a drinking song, however Newcastle Brown gets a mention, ergo good enough for me.