Thai Weather Bureau forecasts heavy to heaviest rains to continue

webfact

Sorry mates,

how should somebody who is wasting hours with posting thousands of ignorant comments know if Thais collect rain water?

I really would like to see some of those guys in real.

Could be funny I guess...

I think I've seen some residences of "them" in Isaan, with 2m high stainless fences on 3m concrete walls....

Fuk, must those be sick!

No rain between October and May is the reason many dont put in bigger tanks plus the cost.

In Oz I had a 30,000 litre tank below ground but rain w spretty much all year round.

Having said that Thais have no idea about conserving water.Ever seen a Thai lady spend less than 20 minutes in the shower

I enjoy very much seeing a Thai lady spending 20 minutes in the shower..........crazy.gif

So no water shortage soon. Let's hope that the government will preserve all that water and not waste during Songkran!

You have got to be joking, nobody in Thailand saves rain water. My house in Queensland has 2 x 25,000 ltr tanks which fill up quickly off the roof giving enough drinking water for the year. All we have here are those stupid little 'tea pot' tanks. And no gutters to any houses. Will they ever learn.
you have to look around more, seen loads

So no water shortage soon. Let's hope that the government will preserve all that water and not waste during Songkran!

You have got to be joking, nobody in Thailand saves rain water. My house in Queensland has 2 x 25,000 ltr tanks which fill up quickly off the roof giving enough drinking water for the year. All we have here are those stupid little 'tea pot' tanks. And no gutters to any houses. Will they ever learn.

I do collect rain water from my gutters, but only a small volume and actually pump more out of the pool down the road.

The current weather has isolated me by washing out one bridge and making another road (which some idiots dug up a few weeks ago) impassable.

No rain between October and May is the reason many dont put in bigger tanks...

Did that come out wrong? Because on the contrary the long dry spell is precisely why giant tanks are needed in Thailand. One needs to catch enough water by the end of the rainy season to last half a year or more. So in Thailand you can't use just a few of those jars to supply household water year round due to the long dry spell. I use about a jar a month and am alone and my water needs are light.

I am glad to hear that Thailand is getting some rain to fill the barrels, and reservoirs, and other storage ponds and

lakes. I think the people of California wished they were in this situation, as they are facing a huge drought. Even the Mead lake

in Arizona has a huge amount of water loss that they wished they could get replaced. My BKK relatives all have water storage

devices on their roof tops to collect water. I do see some people there that have actual houses, also do have water

storage tanks for rain water. Many of them have had good and bad times in the past, and as always, there will be people who

do not get involved with being green, or thrifty. That is just how the world works.

I will try get pictures of this during my visit to Thailand this Winter.

You wish.. the two dams are still not even close to being full enough. This is just not enough. some minor dams get the water but Bumibol and Sirikit dams are far from full enough and those are the ones that need to get filled.

can't provide a whole years water requirement in one storm,, its only the first of the year so over the season we will have to wait and see..

In the UK if it is a very dry season you can sometimes get a "hosepipe" ban basically telling you not to wash your car and water your lawn,, not sure if Thailand has ever had a water throwing ban for Songkran,, I suspect not. I suspect it is more likely the government would continue as normal to save face, never mind the consequences.

I couldn't imagine how much water is used during that festival but surely a huge amount,, huge,,,

The only reason the UK runs out of water is because the water authorities have sold off lots of reservoirs and storage facilities to their friends and families quietly and corruptly.

What? And how did they do that under the watchful eye of OFWAT? Anyway, haven't seen a hosepipe ban for decades.. In fact I dont remember a time ever where the UK actually ran out of water.

Perhaps you can show some evidence of your claim?