Bank statement also required for one year retirement visa

mikeinkamala

Strictly speaking, I don't think fixed deposit accounts with the 800k in it are acceptable.

It used to be that they wanted to see the 800k enter the country from overseas and put into a savings account with usage.

This was to prove to immigration that you weren't working and the money was being spent.

I think you are lucky to be able to get an extension with a fixed deposit account showing no activity.

Immigration seem to have eased up on the rules.

They have been acceptable at Phuket, as far as I have been concerned, for the nine years during which I have renewed my extension based on retirement and I've never been asked for a "statement"...........but as others have said, perhaps that's changed now.

My funds come into my bank account and 800k is immediately transferred to a fixed deposit account and always have been.

A while ago, I believe there was a "notice" from immigration, or a department associated with it, which stated that fixed deposit accounts were okay for proof of funds in the bank. Perhaps someone on this thread can remember that?

Whatever the case, I will be presenting them with a one line bank statement next month when I renew my extension!

Strictly speaking, I don't think fixed deposit accounts with the 800k in it are acceptable.

It used to be that they wanted to see the 800k enter the country from overseas and put into a savings account with usage.

This was to prove to immigration that you weren't working and the money was being spent.

I think you are lucky to be able to get an extension with a fixed deposit account showing no activity.

They have been acceptable at Phuket, as far as I have been concerned, for the nine years during which I have renewed my extension based on retirement and I've never been asked for a "statement"...........but as others have said, perhaps that's changed now.

My funds come into my bank account and 800k is immediately transferred to a fixed deposit account and always have been.

A while ago, I believe there was a "notice" from immigration, or a department associated with it, which stated that fixed deposit accounts were okay for proof of funds in the bank. Perhaps someone on this thread can remember that?

Whatever the case, I will be presenting them with a one line bank statement next month when I renew my extension!

"Fixed" deposit accounts are accepted providing the account allows "on demand" access to cash.

When I was there in July, they asked me for a copy of the front of my Thai and US bank card. Hadn't asked for that before and I only had the Thai card with me. So, another trip back to Kamala for my US card. When I asked why, they said "we want to know how you access your money". If I have the income, why <deleted> care how I get it.

I for one would never give my bank card details to another person, other than to make a legitimate purchase. I certainly would not give those details to a confirmed con man in a cat-suit.

I'm surprised also, that it's necessary to have multiple bank cards to extend a retirement visa.

well if u didn't and u lived here in phuket that means no more extensions for you as its required.

I only had to copy front of my US atm card ( i use combo method for extension)

"Fixed" deposit accounts are accepted providing the account allows "on demand" access to cash.

All fixed deposits from all banks in Thailand are on demand and always have been, a loss of interest involved of course.

Archived