Ten months overstay

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its that easy to pay once 25k for overstaying years, I wonder why I pay 3k-10k every 3 month (depending on the exit type and location) and 5k every 1,25 yrs for the non-o

These could be the reasons why you choose not to overstay:

1. You can never know whether you get caught for overstaying after 5 days, five months, or five years.

2. The maximum penalty for overstaying under the Immigration law is “imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both”

---------------

Maestro

• 3 weeks later...

Dear ThaiVisa Forum:

I have an experience of overstay in Thailand for 10 months. I have a plan to travel to Bangkok in late December, 2006. Now I already obtained a tourist visa from Thai Embassy in Malaysia and they did not ask me any thing regarding my overstay.

I also heard from my foreign friends that living in Thailand for foreigner is difficult/complicated now. and the immigration sometimes refuse at the airport to enter Thailand.

Now my question is,

since I already obtained a Tourist VISA (valid until 28/Jan/07), Do I have any chance to refuse during entering Thailand? I mean the Thai Imm might reject me at airport cause of my previous overstay?

Waiting for reply

Shaineabm, welcome to Thaivisa :o

You are unlikely to have any problems with immigration, you have a visa.

The usual advice applies, look tidy, smile. :D

You may be asked to show the required 10,000 Baht by immigration (don't know anyone who has actually been asked though).