Ten months overstay

While accepting member privacy, it would be good to hear if this guy has been banned for his overstay on the basis that this information would be useful/a cation to others.

I handed myself in to Idc after seeking advice from the British Embassy i overstayed my visa 10 months and that is my only crime.You can always contact the british embassy if you want i have the british pro consul e-mail address he will prove to you that i speak the truth.

IMHO...you got bad advise from the british embassy, the last thing you should have done is turn yourself in to IDC..you should have just gone to the airport and paid the fine (plus bagmoney) and be on your way.. best of luck in your future travels :o

Edited by glassdude007

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dubious acquaintance, a German national, who has been overstay in Thailand for over 10 years now. His passport and his German ID have also long since expired. He eventually plucked up the courage to go the the Germany embassy in BKK a couple of months ago, who were most helpful in providing him with a new passport. He - together with his thai wife and child - are booked to fly to Germany on 29th September. He is currently shxxtting bricks, worrying about what will happen to him at immigration, when they arrive at the airport - how much will he have to pay? - will he blacklisted for a year, will he blacklisted for ever?... will he be thrown into jail?... (no response expected from you guys - this is what he´s asking himself...) ... he is really shxxxtting bricks!!!! I´ll let you all know what happens to him if...and when... he reaches Germany!!!!!

I have just overstayed 10 months 1 week in monkey house 1 week in idc,back in england now want to return to bangkok next week.Hope i get back?

I think I am missing something. What is monkey house? and IDC (Immigration Detention Center, I guess)?

Glasshouse,the Nick.....JAIL... :o l

[i know many in overstay , even 7 years, and they dont care the visarule, one guy said,you crazy man make visa payed already hunderttousends over 10 years,,, him save the money and said, next year you are all in same situation like me,the only difrent he save the money before, and fine for all same

next year the overstayrate would increase sicnificant same like crime

people who have no assets here must not care !!!

but idiots like me with assets must go, and cannot make overstay, do to the possibility of loosing assets here.

but when i sold all. than maybe rethink this.........................

special visa holders typ OVP , the neverending visaholder they dont care about he new rules

and they not get rid off the poors,criminals etc,, because they cannot afford to go

but they get rid of legal and normal people with assets

I have a dubious acquaintance, a German national, who has been overstay in Thailand for over 10 years now. His passport and his German ID have also long since expired. He eventually plucked up the courage to go the the Germany embassy in BKK a couple of months ago, who were most helpful in providing him with a new passport. He - together with his thai wife and child - are booked to fly to Germany on 29th September. He is currently shxxtting bricks, worrying about what will happen to him at immigration, when they arrive at the airport - how much will he have to pay? - will he blacklisted for a year, will he blacklisted for ever?... will he be thrown into jail?... (no response expected from you guys - this is what he´s asking himself...) ... he is really shxxxtting bricks!!!! I´ll let you all know what happens to him if...and when... he reaches Germany!!!!!

:D

He has a nice NEW German passport..Good.

He has to do a runner to the Airport and probably the best that he can hope for is to avoid police and get there undiscovered and that he will simply be stopped and fined Bt 20,000 plus a tic donation to immi christmas ball. (or go straight to Jail and forget the Holiday)...

Assuming Luft-thansa or whoever actually let him board he could be detained in Germany ...passport might be emergency only and he may have to prove that he actually is who he says he is.....sounds simple but he has been "missing" for 10 years and you said No I.D. :D...they might suspect that he has been up to something "dodgy"

He is travelling with his wife and kid...yes..has he thought of what could happen to them...

Assume they have Visitors Visas in their Passports from the German Embassy...

how did they get them?....is he their sponsor (after going bye bye for 10 years)..... :D

If he is Blacklisted etc..........its aint worth thinking about....... :o

Suggest he makes the Run Con Deo...ie on his own and hopefully.....

Honestly wish him best of luck but..................

The embassies couldnt give a toss - there job is to give you a new passport - and you'll probebrly get a pep talk as well - but letting your passport run out, if I am not mistaken, that adds significantly to the problems if you are picked up in the street by the cops or Immigration.

Tell your German buddie to wind in and relax - nothing will happen so long as he has the funds to pay the fine - max Bht 20k - 25k (and a few K extra to keep the Clearance Officer happy).

Tim

While not impossible to get banned from Thailand - I have never heard of it happening for an over stay - and it is a judicial (or semi-judicial process) i.e. you can't just be banned at the whim of the Immigration officer stamping you out. He does not have that authority.

What will happen - take the following as an example: I know a guy who recently departed from Thailand after overstaying 9 years 4 months 23 days. What happened at the airport? He paid the max fine of Baht 20K or 25K, that was stamped into his passport, he was given a receipt, he was "encouraged" to contribute a little to the Clearance Officers "personal kitty" (so he "donated" 5K), was stamped out and that was the end of the matter.

That was within the last few weeks - he is now back, coming back through the same airport he left through, on the same passport - and he didn't even get so much as a second look from the Clearance Officer who processed him - just got his 30 days.

That is rather different.

If you own up to Overstay they are more sympathetic than if you get caught. :o

We have to remember this guy was caught and deported.

I had a look at hayashi's stamp. Basically it says 'this person's overstay case has already been adjudicated and he has permission to leave the country on 23 Sep 2006'.

The key point is he had to leave on that date, not before, suggesting he was in detention prior to then.

While accepting member privacy, it would be good to hear if this guy has been banned for his overstay on the basis that this information would be useful/a cation to others.

I handed myself in to Idc after seeking advice from the British Embassy i overstayed my visa 10 months and that is my only crime.You can always contact the british embassy if you want i have the british pro consul e-mail address he will prove to you that i speak the truth.

IMHO...you got bad advise from the british embassy, the last thing you should have done is turn yourself in to IDC..you should have just gone to the airport and paid the fine (plus bagmoney) and be on your way.. best of luck in your future travels :o

the embassy probably decided to advise this pilgrim with the legal aspects of his 'crime'

Anyone else would have told him to stay out of trouble and go to the airport and pay the 20k

Visa school 101

A couple of points here:

First I believe the OP is having a good laugh that all posters so far are buying his story. He is obviously trolling and having a grand old time. Like everyone is supposed to believe he is incapable of scanning his passport page. I'll believe him when he scans it and posts it.

On this Maizefarmer. I simply cannot believe that he is allowed to advocate bribing immigration officials for multi year overstays! He's been doing this in numerous threads that have been popping up on this matter. I find it hard to believe that immi officials at the airport are welcoming such bribes. That wouldn't say a lot for these officials and I flat out don't buy it. I'm pretty sick of reading this guy's posts where he pretty much says it's ok to overstay cause you save cash on visa runs. I guess it's fine cause he puts in his little disclaimer about "but if you get stopped and checked by police before you get to the airport". Someone outta clam this guy up and quick. sheeesus

A couple of points here:

First I believe the OP is having a good laugh that all posters so far are buying his story. He is obviously trolling and having a grand old time. Like everyone is supposed to believe he is incapable of scanning his passport page. I'll believe him when he scans it and posts it.

(sabaijai)I had a look at hayashi's stamp. Basically it says 'this person's overstay case has already been adjudicated and he has permission to leave the country on 23 Sep 2006'.
:o

Yes I see that post came up as I was entering mine. congrats on your 500th post

Thanks for the help will book ticket tomorrow will update you all from Bangkok?Toaster you can put the page from my passport on here if you like people can see for themselfs then the truth is out there

1 week in monkey house 1 week in idc,

I bet that was nice... ! :D

Sounds like a new idea for a package holiday :D Might even catch on.... :D

I have been living in Thailand for the last 15 months my girlfriend and i have land and a home in thailand in the last 7 years i have visited thailand many times and never overstayed just got bored with the visa run.

So.....was the monkey house fun and exciting compared to the boring visa run? :o

I have been living in Thailand for the last 15 months my girlfriend and i have land and a home in thailand in the last 7 years i have visited thailand many times and never overstayed just got bored with the visa run.

So.....was the monkey house fun and exciting compared to the boring visa run? :o

Yes i meet some very nice people inside much better then the kind of idiots you meet in many bars in Bangkok.

Yes i meet some very nice people inside much better then the kind of idiots you meet in many bars in Bangkok.

20k fine ..... and 14 days in jail ... and a risk of a ban...... hardly a good trade off compared to about 10-20 k in visa-run fees ... 5 days wasted in visa-run travel and eating what you want :D <not to mention having to fly home>

When you get processed into IDC, you will be given an IDC ID card.

If it is white you can come back on the next plane back after being deported to your home country.

If your ID card is red, it means you are black-listed for life and may never enter Thailand again legally.

If it is white you can come back on the next plane back after being deported to your home country.

If your ID card is red, it means you are black-listed for life and may never enter Thailand again legally.

:o:D

Wow what a penalty. Well OP.....what color ID card?

Edited by LoveDaBlues

:D

He has a nice NEW German passport..Good.

He has to do a runner to the Airport and probably the best that he can hope for is to avoid police and get there undiscovered and that he will simply be stopped and fined Bt 20,000 plus a tic donation to immi christmas ball. (or go straight to Jail and forget the Holiday)...

Assuming Luft-thansa or whoever actually let him board he could be detained in Germany ...passport might be emergency only and he may have to prove that he actually is who he says he is.....sounds simple but he has been "missing" for 10 years and you said No I.D. :D...they might suspect that he has been up to something "dodgy"

He is travelling with his wife and kid...yes..has he thought of what could happen to them...

Assume they have Visitors Visas in their Passports from the German Embassy...

how did they get them?....is he their sponsor (after going bye bye for 10 years)..... :D

If he is Blacklisted etc..........its aint worth thinking about....... :o

Suggest he makes the Run Con Deo...ie on his own and hopefully.....

Honestly wish him best of luck but..................

He and his family planned to fly to Munich 2 days ago to experience the "Oktoberfest" (beer festival). I haven´t yet heard from him yet (well.... they may just be having a great time.....!!!!) so can´t say whether they made it or not - however they are supposed to be coming to Berlin from 13th to 17th October to stay with us............. so I will get back to you all with further info - one way or the other!!!!!!

A couple of points here:

On this Maizefarmer. I simply cannot believe that he is allowed to advocate bribing immigration officials for multi year overstays! He's been doing this in numerous threads that have been popping up on this matter. I find it hard to believe that immi officials at the airport are welcoming such bribes. That wouldn't say a lot for these officials and I flat out don't buy it. I'm pretty sick of reading this guy's posts where he pretty much says it's ok to overstay cause you save cash on visa runs. I guess it's fine cause he puts in his little disclaimer about "but if you get stopped and checked by police before you get to the airport". Someone outta clam this guy up and quick. sheeesus

BEAVIS & BUTTHEAD

I am sorry youre saw my comment as "encouraging overstay"

I have been through all my postings on the subject and I find no-where where I have encouraged anyone to overstay.

A forum member asked the question what would happen if he overstayed and would he be allowed to come back in - and I replied to that in a frank and realistic way, citing what would likely happen and using an example of a long overstay and what happened to that individual - and I'll repeat it here so that there is no misunderstanding.

The person overstayed by over 9 years, at the airport he paid his Baht 20k or Baht25K - and voluntereed Baht5K to the clearance officier. This occured about 1 month ago. That person flew overseas, effectuvely tunred round and came back. When he came back in no-one battered an eyelid - it was as if nothing happened.

Now there are actually loads and loads of cases like that - pay your fine go out come back - end of subject.

I then went on to compare that with what would happen if you were picked up on the street with an expired visa - more than likely you'd land up in the IDC and things are then a lot different.

Now someone asked the questiopn and the above is an accuarte reply to that persons question.

As far as paying a "bribe" to the clearance officer was concerned - well fine, you are entitled to express your opinion on that, just as I am and just as everyone else is - this is an open forum which allows people to express comment and opinion, so I am not even going to take you up on the rights and wrongs of bribing - you expressed your opinion on that and I respect that, but what I will say on that point was that if I was in his position I would be doing my ###### best as well to keep the clearance offficer happy and if that meant Baht5K, I hardly think I would argue with it - afterall, you would be badly qualified to stand on a soapbox and take a moral stance on the rights and wrongs of bribes if you had overstayed by 9 years.

But if you wish to take a stance on that subject - fine, thats your right. I just imagine you IF you were in that position and the Clearance Officer was asking for a few BhtK to his "Xmas kitty" - yer yer, you would refuse. Fine

I was not encouraging overstay - or either bribe paying for that matter - the question was asked by a forum member so I contributed what I knew to answering that question - which was a frank and accurate despcription - and for the record, take your head out of the sand - this is Thailand and the statistics on overvstay are very high - I stand to be corrected but if I recall correctly it is over 1000 people per week out of all those going out are paying an overstay fine - some just chances but a lot of them are people who are in some or other very poor and sad personal circumstances - and I know that because I am a member of a small group of very long stay PR'sd who finance a last resort safety net for persons on there last legs, and one of the common characteristics about them is long oversaty, drug addicition, alcholism, no family or friends, mental illness - oh mate, climb off your soapbox and get real - this is Thailand, never be judgemental about those who may not fit in with your way of thinking - next thing is you'll be telling people that picking up girls in the bar is a bad thing.

Tim

Tim

I find that difficult to understand - do you now how the Immigration has to confirm if so and so has entered the country or is back in - they have to wait till the end of the day and then someone has to go off with the persons passport number, DOB and full name spelt correctly and go through all the index cards for entries on the day in question (yes - they even have to know the day).

The point I am making is this - how could they stop anyone coming in through the airport from the system you describe - because the first thing that everyone does when in that position is get a new passport which means a new passport number.

That may well now not be the situation because the system they have in place at the new airport is well modern, but it still the case at Phuket and all other entry points to Thailand - the system is not centralised and its very dificult to stop people coming in

The so-called "black-list" is a very serious matter and I am almost certain that it is a judicial decision taken by a senior polition or th courts only. If someone can cite differently, please coirrect me.

Tim