Rain to haze

steelepulse

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why the current AQI is only 31 with all this smoke in the air.

Smoke, where are you?

Rawai. It's been like this all day.

I have to agree, unfortunately! I'm also in Rawai, and I've noticed the smell and haze most of the day. It was worse a while ago. I too have been checking the AQI and it's been in the green all day, which I found very odd.

Haze is back here in Kata. Visibility is way down and that acrid smokey stench is back. Noticed a faint smell around 3 pm and now 5:45pm can't see the ocean from the kata hillside.

Agreed about visibilty at 17.45, but now an hour later I can see the lights of the sqid boats way out at sea. Let's all hope it is clearing as we don't need any more days of this horrible smell.

I actually did some research into the fires in indonesia and its easy to see why its so hard to combat the fires.

The peat moss fires are smoulding 20 feet below the surface making them impossible to extinquish. They will be burning well into the new year.

I actually did some research into the fires in indonesia and its easy to see why its so hard to combat the fires.

The peat moss fires are smoulding 20 feet below the surface making them impossible to extinquish. They will be burning well into the new year.

That doesn't sound promising. Good thing for us the monsoon looks to be switching next week with strong winds from the east.starting Tuesday night. Good riddance to the haze and here you go Indo.

I actually hope that the air will be like this during the high season.

The disappointed tourists will spread the information much widely than its now known.

After that there might be some real efforts to stop this happening again

I actually hope that the air will be like this during the high season.

The disappointed tourists will spread the information much widely than its now known.

After that there might be some real efforts to stop this happening again

It's out of the control of the affected countries, apart from Indonesia. I'm just back from Singapore and the smell in the air there on Monday night and yesterday morning was worse than I've experienced in Phuket.

The Indonesian farmers don't care and the officials there are so corrupt they won't do anything to stop it unless these farmers are arrested. They don't give a stuff about the effects to neighbouring countries in the same way they don't care about the devastation to the rainforest and the natural habitat of many endangered species.

ASEAN comes into effect at the end of this year and that is possibly the only hope and I'm doubtful that that will have any real effect.

As previously stated - it's really bad this morning looking over Kata beach.

So it's bad over Kata beach as previously stated, why state it again? anything different to report or is it just bad over Kata beach again? might have to go off topic to make this more interesting.

As previously stated - it's really bad this morning looking over Kata beach.

It's bad over Kata beach as previously stated, "why state it again, might have to go off topic to make this thread more interesting" Edited by Badrabbit

i read on the beeb website that Indonesia is now producing more carbon than the US. another thing the US isn't no 1 at any more.

"I've been worried as you said you couldn't breath, so it's not that bad then and you are alive and well, I was packing my bag getting ready to flee!

i read on the beeb website that Indonesia is now producing more carbon than the US. another thing the US isn't no 1 at any more.

"I've been worried as you said you couldn't breath, so it's not that bad then and you are alive and well, I was packing my bag getting ready to flee!

I glad you find this topic amusing. We have to breath this crap! Why don't you go troll somewhere else, since you're so bored with your life...

I glad you find this topic amusing. We have to breath this crap! Why don't you go troll somewhere else, since you're so bored with your life...

I don't find this topic amusing but it is becoming boring with the non constructive comments, how many times must it be posted that there is a Haze, we know there is a haze and we know why, if you do not like breathing this crap why don't you do something about it and leave, let's have a constructive post from someone, how about, how to make breathing better for instance, my life is fine thank you, now post something interesting other than "I have haze and as previously stated I have haze again, yawn! Edited by Badrabbit

I don't find this topic amusing but it is becoming boring with the non constructive comments, how many times must it be posted that there is a Haze, we know there is a haze and we know why, if you do not like breathing this crap why don't you do something about it and leave, let's have a constructive post from someone, how about, how to make breathing better for instance, my life is fine thank you, now post something interesting other than "I have haze" yes we all know.

Pot, kettle, black, comes to mind when reading your non constructive posts...

I don't find this topic amusing but it is becoming boring with the non constructive comments, how many times must it be posted that there is a Haze, we know there is a haze and we know why, if you do not like breathing this crap why don't you do something about it and leave, let's have a constructive post from someone, how about, how to make breathing better for instance, my life is fine thank you, now post something interesting other than "I have haze" yes we all know.
Well here's a constructive post. When the haze first arrived a month or so ago i went to Homepro and forked out 5000 baht for an air purifier which has a hepa disposable filter capable of trapping very fine particles. I'm running it in the living room now with the windows closed of course. It seems to keep the air clean and fresh.

Pot, kettle, black, comes to mind when reading your non constructive posts...

What are you doing about breathing this crap other than complaining about it? have you any suggestions for people on how to make things better? I wonder how long this thread will continue with posts stating they have Haze.

Well here's a constructive post. When the haze first arrived a month or so ago i went to Homepro and forked out 5000 baht for an air purifier which has a hepa disposable filter capable of trapping very fine particles. I'm running it in the living room now with the windows closed of course. It seems to keep the air clean and fresh.

Now that is a very helpful suggestion which maybe people will follow.

Let's stop stating the obvious and post to help people. I can't contribute as I just put up with it.

Edited by Badrabbit