Criminal case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall dismissed again

webfact

Criminal case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall dismissed again
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- An Appeal Court Friday dismissed the Attorney General and Natural Fruit's appeal on one of the cases filed by the pineapple company against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall.

The case concerned an interview Andy Hall gave to Aljazeera in Myanmar.

The Appeal Court decision was read at the Prakanong Court the very Court that dismissed the alleged criminal defamation case in the first place on 29 October 2014 due to a flawed interrogation process.

The Attorney General and Natural Fruit cannot appeal further to the Supreme Court.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Criminal-case-against-Finnwatch-researcher-Andy-Ha-30269057.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-18

Well, boycott Natural Fruits here and countries where they might export to should investigate and sue NF for using slave labor ...

This is not an easy task. They produce juice concentrates and canned fruit from pineapple for various companies.

I am pleased for Andy Hall because I think it's right that exposure of bad labour practices should be made wherever they are seen to occur. I do note, however, that this decision is in relation to one of the cases. What about the others?

We shall no doubt see Andy Hall with a little weight lifted off his shoulders, back at Samui court next week for the KT trial.

Good result!

I agree that this was a good/just verdict.

Sad to see Andy's tweet that one of his team at court had been subjected to threatening behaviour by an unknown individual. This now appears to be normal practice by the Thai bully boys when they can't get their usual 'no questions asked' convictions so easily. Please take care Andy, you appear to be rocking a lot of boats.

We shall no doubt see Andy Hall with a little weight lifted off his shoulders, back at Samui court next week for the KT trial.

Good result!

Possibly his head separated from his shoulders. Big loss of face going on.

Hope not...

Anyway the I doubt the religious "beheading" nutters will target a friend of AlJazera!