Former Miss Universe Gets Work Permit

george

Former Miss Universe gets work permit

Miss Universe 2005, Natalie Glebova, Wednesday applied for a work permit at Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Ministry of Labour after she has been hired as a brand ambassador to Boon Rawd Brewery.

Wasan Sathorn, director of the Alien Workers Registration Office, said the former beauty queen would be allowed to work in the kingdom for one year.

He said Glebova was a good example of foreign workers for applying for a work permit.

-- The Nation 2006-09-27

Miss Universe 2005, Natalie Glebova, Wednesday applied for a work permit at Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Ministry of Labour after she has been hired as a brand ambassador to Boon Rawd Brewery.

Wasan Sathorn, director of the Alien Workers Registration Office, said the former beauty queen would be allowed to work in the kingdom for one year.

He said Glebova was a good example of foreign workers for applying for a work permit.

-- The Nation 2006-09-27

With all due respect to Director Wasan, you could not select a worse example to illustrate the process. There's little doubt that a high-profile employee of a high-profile employer isn't going to face many obstacles in getting the proper authorization. That's not to say everyone applying for a work permit will encounter difficulties, but certainly the barriers in her case would have been non-existant.

So what is the quota for Canadian nationality as far as the race standards for WP??? somewhere between 40-60 k/month right?? My guess is that Natalie is making 3 times that quota atleast...So why wouldn't she get/apply for a work permit...

(Most) farang who don't get the work permit don't so not because they want to evade Thai regulations and choose to be burdens on Thai society by avoiding the permit tax or whatever reason that Mr. Wasorn might think,

...but they don't get it because they can't...don't meet up to work permit requirements whether that be in qualifications, salary based on their race, or both...

-- The Nation 2006-09-27

You mean she made that other advert before she had a work permit, and what about her mum and dad - did they pick up theirs today as well? :o:D

(Most) farang who don't get the work permit don't so not because they want to evade Thai regulations and choose to be burdens on Thai society by avoiding the permit tax or whatever reason that Mr. Wasorn might think,

...but they don't get it because they can't...don't meet up to work permit requirements whether that be in qualifications, salary based on their race, or both...

That's not true. Many farangs are willing to pay tax, work permit fees or whatever if they could get a decent job. Sadly there are many many jobs that farangs are simply not allowed to do in Thailand. I am also surprised that she was given a work permit as "brand ambassador to Boon Rawd Brewery".

On a lighter note I thought that "Cheer girls" were soon to disappear according to stricter alcohol advertising rules.

I am confused. I have a work permit, but my employer took care of it for me. I know that I may have been the applicant, but doesn't the employer need to supply necessary papers etc. and have a certain amount of funds in order to secure the work permit--not to mention that it has to be a job that is deemed as being needed and unable to done by a Thai national?

Anyway, here's a good example of a working girl.

Why is that???

Why is she different.......... :o

I think it's great she is being held out as a good example to follow.

:D

That's because she has been working for Boon Rawd and touting Beer Singh for months and months and just now has a work permit to do so and by saying she is a good example, the Labor Ministry is saying this is quite alright.

No need to follow their earlier nonsense about having a work permit BEFORE working... just so long as you have one sometime within the year is quite ok by them.

Why is that???

Why is she different.......... :o

That's because she has been working for Boon Rawd and touting Beer Singh for months and months and just now has a work permit to do so and by saying she is a good example, the Labor Ministry is saying this is quite alright.

No need to follow their earlier nonsense about having a work permit BEFORE working... just so long as you have one sometime within the year is quite ok by them.

But I want to know about her mum and dad? They have advertised Singha as well!

:D :nothing new old men like nice felang ,TIT :D:D:D

Yes, indeed :o they do!

I never realised he was such a little man.

A reliable rule of physics with him is that the circumference of his square head (measured in centimeters) is precisely equal to his height (using the same measuring device in centimeters).

He is exactly as square-a-round as he is tall.

Work permit issued for former Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova

Former Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova has already obtained a work permit for her job as brand ambassador for Boon Rawd (บุญรอด) Brewery Co. Ltd.

Employment Department chief Juthathawat Inthrasuksri (จุฑาธวัช อินทรสุขศรี) said Ms. Glebova is a good example because she made things right according to the law.

Ms. Glebova paid 3,000 baht for a one-year work permit, Mr. Juthathawat said, adding she will start working on October 1.

About 25,000 foreigners, most of them Japanese, Chinese and Taiwanese, are working legally in Thailand under the Investment Promotion Act, Petroleum Authority of Thailand Act and Industrial Estate Act, he said.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 29 September 2006

About Natalie...

My thai friends here, say that there's a rumour going on that Natalie actually is a mistress to the owner of the Boon Rawd Company. This talk has been going for some time now, and maybe the work permit for Boon Rawd confirmes that even more. No problems regarding Visa for Natalie then.

Anyway... Congratulations to Natalie! :o

:o

Work permit issued for former Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova

Former Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova has already obtained a work permit for her job as brand ambassador for Boon Rawd (บุญรอด) Brewery Co. Ltd.

Employment Department chief Juthathawat Inthrasuksri (จุฑาธวัช อินทรสุขศรี) said Ms. Glebova is a good example because she made things right according to the law.

Ms. Glebova paid 3,000 baht for a one-year work permit, Mr. Juthathawat said, adding she will start working on October 1.

Singha taps stars to promote foreign image

18 May 06

Singha Corporation, the brewer and distributor of Singha beer, embarks on a big move to reach an international consumer base by launching Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova as its brand ambassador. As Singha brand ambassador, Natalie will help promote Singha brand image.

- Business Day

Natalie and her preferred beer... or at least the one that's been on her paycheck for MONTHS:

post-9005-1159502581.jpg

---------------------------------

Any discrepancy between the two dates is PURELY INTENTIONAL...

:D:D

So yes, she's a good example for all to follow. Begin working in May and get your work permit in October... no problem.

Edited by sriracha john

That could actually be the solution for all border-runners...

Forget those poor Issarn girls and become a lover instead, to a rich and wealthy older thai lady. She can employ you, fix your Visa situation. Besides being entitled as a "good example of foreign workers for applying for a work permit", you could also win the honour of being "Border Runner of the Year" ! :o

Edited by Ga-gai

That could actually be the solution for all border-runners...

Forget those poor Issarn girls and become a lover instead, to a rich and wealthy older thai lady. She can employ you, fix your Visa situation. Besides being entitled as a "good example of foreign workers for applying for a work permit", you could also win the honour of being "Border Runner of the Year" ! :D

become a lover instead, to a rich and wealthy older thai lady

Some of us have a price which is non-negotiable. If I was wanting to be the toy boy of a wealthy "but older" woman I would have stayed at home :o

become a lover instead, to a rich and wealthy older thai lady

Some of us have a price which is non-negotiable. If I was wanting to be the toy boy of a wealthy "but older" woman I would have stayed at home :o

I'm sure that the poor girls from Issarn doesn't agree on that...! :D

If they had your way of pride, I'll wonder how many farangs there actually would be here... :D

(toy girl of a wealthy "but older" man)

Well, I think everything has its price. I'm pretty sure that even you would give Bill Gates a "nice time" for a smaller fortune. I probably would myself... Hey! It's only business!! He can buy my service for sure, but not my soul.

Funny... There are lots of guys married to Bar-girls, but keeps on wondering why they don't act like a real married woman in love...

Edited by Ga-gai