how to present a Product to 7/11 to become sold in their Shops?

I think the first thing you need to know is that you have to pay to place a product in a store such as 7 Eleven, Makro, Family Mart, etc. Every iteration of your product requires a separate payment. If you want to place vegetable oil into 7 Eleven in 3 different sizes you need to pay 3 times. Current fees for 7 Eleven are a minimum of 2 million baht for each iteration of each product.

Also be aware that the modern trade is ruthless, and they will pay you fractions over your cost price.

This is straight from the horse's mouth as the company I work for has a division that sells commodities to the modern trade.

Plus you will have a long wait to be paid,I heard a local supermarket only pays every 3 Months!

regards worgeordie

I think the first thing you need to know is that you have to pay to place a product in a store such as 7 Eleven, Makro, Family Mart, etc. Every iteration of your product requires a separate payment. If you want to place vegetable oil into 7 Eleven in 3 different sizes you need to pay 3 times. Current fees for 7 Eleven are a minimum of 2 million baht for each iteration of each product.

Also be aware that the modern trade is ruthless, and they will pay you fractions over your cost price.

This is straight from the horse's mouth as the company I work for has a division that sells commodities to the modern trade.

It's called listing fees and is based on number of sku ( single keeping unit). I'm surprise listing fees is 2m per sku, really unheard of. Try a smaller chain. Shelf space, yes monthly payment.

Product wise, all retailers treat it like on consignment basis, what's not sold or damaged or near expiry will be returned.

The main killer is their promotion contribution, and volume discount.

If your product is perishable with short shelf life, good luck, distribution will kill you.

And if you fail a delivery, there will be penalty, easy money for them.