Chrome pop ups/unders

bkkmick

Hi

For many years Chrome has been my browser of choice.

Recently it has been allowing many pop up and under pages. I can't believe how bad it is.

I do have the usual ad blockers in place but page like 'update your java' and many other useless pages are popping up when you click anywhere in Chrome,

I've tried adding the common offending URLs to create my own filters but it keeps happening.

I've told my kids not to click on any pages that open on their own but I'm afraid that some appealing page might lead to a virus getting installed on my PC's.

Has anyone experienced this? Did you find a solution?

Cheers

Mick

Hopefully that will fix your problem...time will tell. When I upgraded from Win 8.1 running Chrome to Win 10 running Chrome the popup setting I had of not allowing popups didn't change.

Regarding popups, some or more integrated into webpages now days and you really can't stop some of them...I don't know if we should call some of them popups or a webpage feature that appears to a popup but is really not. Kinda like when you are at some webpages and a small window appears (kinda like a popup) asking if your would like to take to Tech Support/Sales person XYZ....or if at a certain newpaper website that allows you to read some many free news articles per month and then after that a small subscription window (kinda like a popup) will appear on the screen saying you've read your free article limit for the month and would you like to subscribe for some much per month. Even with your browsers popup blocking setting turned on and maybe even if you have an adblocker installed that popup "kinda of window" will still appear....or a blank space will appear confusing you as to what is wrong with this particular webpage...why isn't it responding anymore...it won't respond properly until you close that funny little window that appeared.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/sold-chrome-extension/28377/

Solution here is to invest money in one of todays most excellent malware removers. Start running it. In case too many Chrome related malware has been detected and removed in comparison to other similar software packages regardless the actual settings of Chrome then the right thing to do is simply dump Chrome.

I use Chrome...I don't experience that. Be sure you got the Pop-up setting in Chrome activated...it should be on by default but it worth checking...see below snapshot.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I would add that I set mine to "Let me choose when to run plugin content". I've uninstalled Java and Flash and the only slight inconvenience is that i have to right-click IF I want to call the Flash Plug-in. That may be set to allow Flash on sites that one trusts and uses regularly. I've allowed the BBC News site to run Flash videos for example.