Pizza Delivery Recommendations

gguy

I just noticed this morning a new pizza place on Soi Buakhaew. On the same side as Siam Sawadee Hotel, just 25 yards further on (going towards Pattaya Klang).

It is named 'Pizza Deli' and looks very clean and presentable. It wasn't open for business this morning, but I shall return in the evening and grab a 'slice' of the best? pizza in Pattaya......

Watch this space for report........

******NEWS******UPDATE******

Yes, I visited the above said 'Pizza Deli' this evening: The slices of pizza are priced at 40 Thai Baht, there are different styles to choose from Hawaiian, Salami, Beef etc. The pizza is thin style; authentic Italian with obscured topping in authentic style.

My honest opinion: tasty, reasonable price but slightly lacking. Italian or French citizens might prefer the offerings here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an Italian restaurant on Soi Post Office, left side, perhaps half way between Club Vegas and Hot'nCold. It has the best pizza I have had in Pattaya.

I am in Saudi so can't drop by and look up the name but it is certainly worth a try if somebody can make the trek described above and post the name.

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

I will check that place out tomorrow. Funny really, I go to the Post Office regularly and have not spotted an Italian restaurant. Can you remember if it is on the same side of the road as the Post Office?

They just opened a new place between the Post Office and Second Road and on the same side as the PO.

I think it's named after the owner....Luigi or something like that.

Just resist those arm pullers that are trying to get you to use their services and you should be able to find it.

There is an Italian restaurant on Soi Post Office, left side, perhaps half way between Club Vegas and Hot'nCold. It has the best pizza I have had in Pattaya.

I am in Saudi so can't drop by and look up the name but it is certainly worth a try if somebody can make the trek described above and post the name.

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

I will check that place out tomorrow. Funny really, I go to the Post Office regularly and have not spotted an Italian restaurant. Can you remember if it is on the same side of the road as the Post Office?

I went to try it, ended up in a thai instead ! :o

They just opened a new place between the Post Office and Second Road and on the same side as the PO.

I think it's named after the owner....Luigi or something like that.

Just resist those arm pullers that are trying to get you to use their services and you should be able to find it.

i like thin crispy bases .

i like Nick the Pizza pizzas

i dont like thick doughy bases

so i dont eat them

and i dont need to complain about them cos i already know i dont like them.

i really cant understand how anyone could make a comment saying Nicks Pizzas nearly made them sick ..

i have been to Nicks business to pick up some food before ( although he does offer a FREE delivery service )

his kitchen is all stainless steel .. clean and gleaming .....and a team of about 8 staff preparing all the fresh vegetables etc and the constant phone prders that kept coming in .

he employs around 30 staff - wish my business was as successful as his !!

keep up the good work Nick .. you cant please all the people all the time

Bannerman

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i like Nick the Pizza pizzas

i really cant understand how anyone could make a comment saying Nicks Pizzas nearly made them sick ..

i have been to Nicks business to pick up some food before ( although he does offer a FREE delivery service )

his kitchen is all stainless steel .. clean and gleaming .....and a team of about 8 staff preparing all the fresh vegetables etc and the constant phone prders that kept coming in .

he employs around 30 staff - wish my business was as successful as his !!

keep up the good work Nick .. you cant please all the people all the time

Bannerman

Personally, I have tried a 'Nick The Pizza' once. It was without doubt the worst pizza I have ever tasted in my entire life.

It absolutely beggars belief that any human can suggest that a 'Nick's' pizza tastes good.

try Pizza 2000 View Talay 1 Building B Jomtien

i will try and find the phone number..............

Agreed. Something about these pizzas travels better than any other delivery pizza I have had in Pattaya. You may have to live in the Jomtien area though, I don't think they will deliver to Naklua, as it's a tiny restaurant with just one guy doing the deliveries. The phone number is:

038-252080

Allow about 30-40 minutes. I recommend the Pizza Salami with extra onions, or whatever you feel like. German salami, very good. Actually, I think they are better when they are delivered than when you eat them fresh in the restaurant. :o

People will have their opinions no doubt but just to let you know Pizza Company is doing their "buy one get one free" deal again up until the end of this month, makes their pizza's pretty good value. :o

You can't beat good old Pizza Hut IMO... a little bit expensive for thailand but its well worth it :D

Pizza Hut and Pizza Company are both terrible..all crust and little in the way of fresh ingredients......I'll take Italian style anyday

That will be all tomato ketchup then eh?? :o

You can't beat good old Pizza Hut IMO... a little bit expensive for thailand but its well worth it :D

Pizza Hut and Pizza Company are both terrible..all crust and little in the way of fresh ingredients......I'll take Italian style anyday

That will be all tomato ketchup then eh?? :o

Nope - no ketchup anywhere near a proper pizza.

Pomodoro sauce maybe - for a Margarita or as the base for any other, but nothing that Mr Heinz would recognise.

Door2door has several pizza places in the menu and are quick and reliable. Personally a would recommend pizza from Globbtrotter, it's italian style.

very good choice.we use lasse and dangs place for take away piza and dang brings the od freebie for us lol,as we live next to them.

People will have their opinions no doubt but just to let you know Pizza Company is doing their "buy one get one free" deal again up until the end of this month, makes their pizza's pretty good value. :o

Is that on delivery only? Eat in only? or both?

Delivery only it says in the advert.

What's the catch? Are they as good a Pizza Hut?

What's the catch? Are they as good a Pizza Hut?

No catch they seem to do it every year, IMHO just as good if not better than PH.!

Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien has a special pizza day every Tuesday: Pizza 99 baht. You can take one away for 115 baht. High quality and value product.

Yeah, but honestly its not that good. The crust is like bisquick and the tomato base is obviously cheap sweetened Thai tomato sauce with cheap Thai tomato paste and cheap salad oil (too much of it) and certainly not olive oil. That is what I taste anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

Pizza in Thailand sucks. It is unfortunate that Pizza Company seems to be as good as it gets here. They deserve a solid 5 on 10 scale. Not much different than Pizza Hut. Actually I understand Pizza Company used to be the Pizza Hut francisee. They changed the name on all their locations and left Pizza Hut.

I've been to Pizza 2000. Yeahhh! it could be a LOT better. It is a little better than most real Italian Thailand places.

The real Italian pizzas are all about the same. All lacking taste and without sufficient toppings. Just some bland sauce on a cracker. You are welcome to it if that's what you want. I'll pass. I have eaten pizza all over the world and real Italian pizza is boring!

The sad fact seems to be that most people have never had a really tasty pizza and don't have a way to compare what they get here. As a general statement, I will say again that pizza in Thailand sucks!

Edited by aguy30

The sad fact seems to be that most people have never had a really tasty pizza and don't have a way to compare what they get here. As a general statement, I will say again that pizza in Thailand sucks!

The longer I live here, the lower my standards for pizza. But never so low as Nick the Pizza.

Have you tried that Trattoria place on beach road or Pizza Big?

Trattoria (near View Tallay Condos) is worth a 4 out of 10. Not too bad for real Italy style pizza.

Pizza Big ???? never heard of it.

Probably will never find it here, but still looking for medium thick and some what crispy crus. A pizza sauce with Italian seasoning spices. Italian American style sausage (not glorified hot dogs) and pepperoni. Lots of real mozzerella cheese to top it off. Green peepers, onions and real fresh mushrooms. Baked to a golden brown.

• 6 months later...

The best Pizzas' in Pattaya are....

1. La Cantina soi (rungland?) opposite Cat telephone exchange. Thin and about ten to choose from. Prices start at 150 baht. Very tasty, Take away is better, not much of a scene. The best cheese and a Mustard pizza to die for!

2. Drifters' cafe on the beach in Na Jomtien...Wood oven, thin and crispy. Very flavourful, nice different variety. Excellent little chill out place, right on the beach with music from internet radio....Prices start at around 200 baht. Great spot and awesome pizza.

3. Dao cafe Soi Nerm Plub waan. Little thicker crust, nice toppings and with flavour! The owner changed hands, the menu now has changed, the staff has changed, the decoration has changed but thankfully they must have kept the cook....the pizzas are still great!

The best I ever had was in Koh Chang! Wood oven, Mac Bungalows/hotel, white sand beach. A Chicken Masala pizza.....

The best Pizzas' in Pattaya are....

1. La Cantina soi (rungland?) opposite Cat telephone exchange. Thin and about ten to choose from. Prices start at 150 baht. Very tasty, Take away is better, not much of a scene. The best cheese and a Mustard pizza to die for!

2. Drifters' cafe on the beach in Na Jomtien...Wood oven, thin and crispy. Very flavourful, nice different variety. Excellent little chill out place, right on the beach with music from internet radio....Prices start at around 200 baht. Great spot and awesome pizza.

3. Dao cafe Soi Nerm Plub waan. Little thicker crust, nice toppings and with flavour! The owner changed hands, the menu now has changed, the staff has changed, the decoration has changed but thankfully they must have kept the cook....the pizzas are still great!

The best I ever had was in Koh Chang! Wood oven, Mac Bungalows/hotel, white sand beach. A Chicken Masala pizza.....

Thanks for the feedback there! I will check those 3 places out in Pattaya/Jomtien and also the place in Koh Chang in December at White Beach. Cheers! :)

Could I please have directions to this place. I live in ban Amphur, love pizzas but don't know Drifters