Former NRC member suggests new charter drafters refer to rejected draft of Constitution

Lite Beer

Former NRC member suggests new charter drafters refer to rejected draft of Constitution

BANGKOK, 20 September 2015 (NNT) - A former member of the National Reform Council has suggested the new team in charge of drafting the Constitution, refer to the draft that was rejected when they start the process of deliberation.

Former NRC member Ekkachai Srivilas said on Saturday that he does not think the head of the new Constitution drafting team has to be a legal expert but someone who can coordinate with all parties and listen to the opinions of most people.

Mr. Ekkachai’s comment was in response to the latest poll which suggested that the people are supporting the nomination of legal advisor to the National Council for Peace and Order, Meechai Richupan as the leader of the new charter drafting team.

He added that all 21 members of the new team should not have to possess a lot of experience related to Constitution drafting as all charters from the past, which were drafted by experienced people, have nevertheless failed to solve ongoing problems in Thailand.

Mr. Ekkachai stated that new charter drafters should make use of the draft that was earlier rejected, because at least 80% of it was good enough to be put into use.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-20 footer_n.gif

No, idiots! Go get the '99 charter, the "People's Charter", make the necessary amendments to it, and go with that. Is that so hard?

fortunately you don't have a say in the matter

nothing wrong with the rejected charter - a few tweaks and it's good to go lol

No, idiots! Go get the '99 charter, the "People's Charter", make the necessary amendments to it, and go with that. Is that so hard?

Sorry - have you read the new charter from back to front?

Sorry, Smedley, but got to disagree with you. From everything I've seen and read, this last attempt at a charter was one that was written BY the military and elites, FOR the military and elites, and doesn't do a damn thing for the average Thai.

And as for me not having a "say" in the matter? Actually I do. I have an extended Thai family, and I have financial investments in this country. So, while I may not be able to vote, I sure as hell have a say about things, and I'm not the least by shy about saying them.

Is that like tweak my nose hard enough and I will follow you anywhere?

Edited by elgordo38

Sorry - have you read the new charter from back to front?

No I have not but from what I have gathered here its definitely outhouse material along with the old Simpson/Eaton catalogue.

"all charters from the past, which were drafted by experienced people [apponted by juntas], have nevertheless failed to solve ongoing problems in Thailand."

It's not the charter that but the lack of respect by the military for the people's sovereignty that fails.