running shoes

h90

I know offtopic2.gif

But here it is the most likely place to get a good answer.

Being most of the time in Bangkok and ride the bicycle on the trainer early in the morning, I look for alternatives. Every day on the trainer gets terrible boring.

While traffic is horrible here, running should be possible. Where in Bangkok can I get good running shoes. I am not looking for high-end but running on asphalt only, having a bit damaged knees and gained weight thanks to strength training I should have some real running shoes.

Where can I find such in Bangkok? In the past I was happy with nike but that was in the last millennium, so things might have changed. Maybe some brands are manufactured in Thailand and therefor cheaper?

I picked up some nice Reebok running shoes last weekend from Supersports in Robinson. 2000 baht, they have a 50% off sale at the moment.

The model I got is called Hexaffect Run 2.0, but there was also others brands including Nike and Adidas on discount too, you should be able to find something decent and not too expensive quite easily I think.

Edited by moonoi

Don't go cheap on running shoes. The new medium-priced Nike, Adidas and Sketchers shoes have comfortable shoes that adjust to the shape of your foot over time. Cheap shoes won't have the same shock-absorbing property and if you're a little overweight, you'll want to spare your knees any shock that you can. I just bought a nice pair of Sketchers but in Japan, not Bangkok. They cost me $49.00.

Don't go cheap on running shoes. The new medium-priced Nike, Adidas and Sketchers shoes have comfortable shoes that adjust to the shape of your foot over time. Cheap shoes won't have the same shock-absorbing property and if you're a little overweight, you'll want to spare your knees any shock that you can. I just bought a nice pair of Sketchers but in Japan, not Bangkok. They cost me $49.00.

I agree with spending the money to purchase decent running shoes. The problem is understanding what type of shoes are best for you. Some runners need stability shoes, others require a neutral shoe. I would suggest investigating on line before you hand over your money. I usually spend about $100 US per pair.

Also - one small correction in the previous post. Providing you start slow and over time build, running has been proven to actually be good for the knees and the cartilage.

Edited by SpokaneAl

I agree with spending the money to purchase decent running shoes. The problem is understanding what type of shoes are best for you. Some runners need stability shoes, others require a neutral shoe. I would suggest investigating on line before you hand over your money. I usually spend about $100 US per pair.

Also - one small correction in the previous post. Providing you start slow and over time build, running has been proven to actually be good for the knees and the cartilage.

I did run a lot in last millenium (well it feels like 1000 years ago). I am more or less average so the normal neutral shoe will do for me.

Yes my plan is to start with 35 min once or twice per week.....laugh.png I know that is rediculous little.....but last time I started (much younger by the way) with good training state from bicycle, I got problems I couldn't fix for years. So I'll go extreme slow on the beginning.

Also I went from my good 63-64 kg to 68-69 kg because of heavy weight training and more muscles. So I'll be extra careful.....

The one I went to was at fashion island, but I would have thought it is in all stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any hint where fashion islands is?

No problem will ask wife....something calles "fashion islands" is surely well known laugh.png

The one I went to was at fashion island, but I would have thought it is in all stores

No problem will ask wife....something calles "fashion islands" is surely well known laugh.png

Fashion Island is in Khan na Yao, immediately northwest of Minburi.

On RamInthra Road, next to the number 9 motorway.

Not sure where you are in Bangkok, but there is probably a closer store to you ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got shoes if not this below are for sale to a bargain price.

NIke Zoom Pegasus 32 , US size 9.5 to a bargain price if anyone interested. As far as I know they are just in the shelf's around Thailand to a price of Thb 4200,- I sell my pair for Thb 1000,-

I Bought them from Roadrunnersports.com for US 109,- a American friend brought them with him here.

I have tried them for a 30 minutes test run but they are half a number to big to me.

Here is the shoes http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/00920/mens-nike-air-zoom-pegasus-32/

NIke Zoom Pegasus 32 , US size 9.5 to a bargain price if anyone interested. As far as I know they are just in the shelf's around Thailand to a price of Thb 4200,- I sell my pair for Thb 1000,-

I Bought them from Roadrunnersports.com for US 109,- a American friend brought them with him here.

I have tried them for a 30 minutes test run but they are half a number to big to me.

Here is the shoes http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/00920/mens-nike-air-zoom-pegasus-32/

I actually bought Nike Zoom Pegasus 32, got it at 3900. But size 8.5.

I guess 9.5 would be half a number too big for me, so we are brothers in shoe size cheesy.gif

I guess 9.5 would be half a number too big for me, so we are brothers in shoe size cheesy.gif

They come big in size, I have used US 9.5 in Asics for the last 20 years and as long as I know its a "neutral shoe", I never need to try the size with Asics.

They come big in size, I have used US 9.5 in Asics for the last 20 years and as long as I know its a "neutral shoe", I never need to try the size with Asics.

Actually I thought they come small....I tried 41 first and it was too small, but I always used 41. 9.5 is 42 I think.

Or I did grow the last few years....