Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it started during the first meal in the parents house. He had forgotten to pack his white tie, and used the fish knife for the salad, while the parents served the wine at the wrong temperature, and things escalated from there.

I think you're right - it happened over the first meal, when a 2 million baht sin sot was discussed. Our 35 year old Australian "Ocker" didn't realise cheap love was so expensive in Thailand.biggrin.png

I heard it started during the first meal in the parents house. He had forgotten to pack his white tie, and used the fish knife for the salad, while the parents served the wine at the wrong temperature, and things escalated from there.

I think you're right - it happened over the first meal, when a 2 million baht sin sot was discussed. Our 35 year old Australian "Ocker" didn't realise cheap love was so expensive in Thailand.biggrin.png

The "sot" can be far more expensive that the "sod"!

^ Could be his dad practising his SAS getting arrested tactics after finding out he's been living the life and lies of a 'Walt' these last four weeks

Sorry Mr. Brilliant, tried to give you a 'like' but the function does not want to work today.

Maybe Dave has set up a covert ops watch on my computer and it is affecting my ability to like people.

Anyway, for old times sake, let's raise a glass to JoseBastos Ebair Fellini JBradley Choo choo Dave Walsh, the only man that knows the colour of the boat house in Hereford.

No, the question comes in two parts - i) what time do they stop serving brunch on Sunday, and ii) is there always chips?biggrin.png

Last time I was in Surin, the wife's extended family were sitting on the floor, of the house I had built for Mom & Dad, about 2 feet away from the perfectly good 6 person dining table I had bought them, eating a big bowl of crickets for breakfast.

I had just stumbled out with a bit of a hangover & they invited me to join them.

Mai ow Khap.

Never thought I'd say it, but a cup of Nescafe was quite good that morning.

Edited by jaywalker

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them? Back when I first moved here I met an American that married one and within a few months he was completely cleaned out and went back to the States. The thing is this bloke was in his fifties and coming to me for advice! (in my early 20s at the time)

Do they leave their common sense at the airport?

When it comes to pretty girls, they had no common sense to begin with.

Well it's not just Aussies that do silly things. Probably just about every nationality that comes here has people that have done similar things (the meeting bar girl and marriage plans a month later part, though getting drunk and thrown in jail probably happens often as well to people from places other than Australia/UK/USA/Canada/etc).

Way back in 2004 we had a (Canadian) firefighter working in Kabul (on the Canadian camp). This guy was a Chippendale's poster boy (not actually, but could have been). He was "the guy" that made the girls drool. He went to Phuket on his first holiday. Fell in love with the 3rd bar girl he met (so I'm told). Came back to work and on his next vacation went back to Phuket. He never returned. A couple days after he was supposed to be back I went with a manager to check his bedspace. Sure enough, totally empty. A different manager got an email from him saying something about how he loved this girl, was going to marry her and start up a dive shop in Phuket.

Within a year a friend of his (that was still working with us) told us that buddy wasn't able to open his dive shop and when he ran out of money his wife dumped him. Last we heard he was doing odd jobs for cash (under the table) at a hotel in Phuket.

Back in '98 I met a nice girl on Valentines Day. Met her at a bar, but she didn't work "in a bar" (supposedly she'd just come to Pattaya to celebrate Valentines Day with a girlfriend she'd gone to school with). (Probably a freelancer but whatever.) Stayed with her for the 2 weeks I was on holiday. Next trip was 6 months later and I was staying for a month (she was with me again). Did some travelling around the country on that trip including a stop at her home village. Had a big party at her home one night (only cost me about 5,000 baht and there was a lot of food and booze and literally everyone in the village dropped by). Ended up drunk as a skunk and had a huge, thick band of little strings knotted on my wrist. Not a clue what went on most of the night.

I did get the impression that the idea of marriage was floating around though. No mention of money or "sin sod" was ever mentioned (not in English at least, or while I was sober enough to understand anything). Before meeting her family I thought she was around mid-20s. I was mid-30s at the time. Turns out she was 2 years younger than me and had a 9 y.o. daughter from her first husband so a dowry should have been out of the question any ways - maybe that's why it was never mentioned.)

At the time I wasn't in a situation where I could even contemplate getting married or supporting a family. I decided to test her by mentioning my plan was to retire (eventually) and live in Thailand, thinking that she was hoping for a ticket to "the big PX" and would chill at the thought of staying in Thailand. Boy was I wrong ! She couldn't have been happier that she'd found someone that wanted to stay in Thailand ! Yoiks !

Well any ways, the trip was over and I had to get back to work. We said good-bye at the airport (of course she was bawling her eyes out) and that was the last I ever saw of her (cell phones and email weren't as big back then as they are now and we didn't exchange addresses). I came back 2 years later and heard that she'd met some nice German guy who did marry her and moved to Petchabun.

To this day I have no idea if she was a "good girl" or a vampire in disguise trying to drain me dry. Probably just as well. Even if she was a "good girl", getting married at that time probably would have ruined me no matter how cheap it may have been (to get married and support a wife and step-daughter in a foreign country that you may not be able to afford to go back to for years to come) so either way I probably dodged a bullet there.

I'm sure there are 10s of thousands of similar tales out there. We hear about the ones in English, but there are no doubt plenty in German, French, Russian and other languages as well.

At first, I thought this man was somebody I knew. We know a lady who has another Aussie coming to Udon to meet the parents....in about six weeks. This one is sending 80,000 a month to the "freelancer" he met at a club. Also paying her condo rent, purchasing a vehicle, and setting her up with a coffee shop. She brought him over to meet us folks, and I almost cried. He spent a total of 2 weeks with her (a record?)..but I guess they chat on the websites. What he does not know is that his girl is shacking up in another condo with a different man..(younger). A third man (Italian) flew in for a pizza the pie just two weeks ago.

Did not have the heart to tell the aussie....but he seems to be quite a spender, and may consider 80,000 and condo rent not excessive (gigglem.gif ). Thing was, the guy was not even polite...som nom na !!!

On his way to Isaan...so we should have another "read" in six weeks.

If he's going to be that blase with his money, he richly deserves all that awaits him.

Fools rush in where angels far to tread....

"According to Thai news site Khaosod, Mr Walsh had been persuaded to travel to Udon Thani to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya.

Apparently, Mr Walsh and his girlfriend were going to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family."

Getting arrested was probably the best thing which could happen to this moron.

How do you know he is a moron? Do you know what went on?

The scenario is quite predictable with only a few variations, all of which end with this bloke being a moron... I mean really, who other than a moron would marry a hooker after knowing her for only one month? You need at least three months to figure out what her cash-flow is for doing the horizontal mambo... thumbsup.gif

Well this kind of behavior happens also from farangs all over the world, not just the Ozzies!!! oi oi oi... cheesy.gif

Well I agree a moron of the highest, but at least he flipped when he found out there was no free lunch, but a very expensive journey..

Would love to hear the outcome.. he does the smart thing and collects his brains back at Suvi and checks out, or he sobers up and succumbs to tilacs persuasive charms ?

At first, I thought this man was somebody I knew. We know a lady who has another Aussie coming to Udon to meet the parents....in about six weeks. This one is sending 80,000 a month to the "freelancer" he met at a club. Also paying her condo rent, purchasing a vehicle, and setting her up with a coffee shop. She brought him over to meet us folks, and I almost cried. He spent a total of 2 weeks with her (a record?)..but I guess they chat on the websites. What he does not know is that his girl is shacking up in another condo with a different man..(younger). A third man (Italian) flew in for a pizza the pie just two weeks ago.

Did not have the heart to tell the aussie....but he seems to be quite a spender, and may consider 80,000 and condo rent not excessive (gigglem.gif ). Thing was, the guy was not even polite...som nom na !!!

On his way to Isaan...so we should have another "read" in six weeks.

Maybe he is a millionaire, in which case 80k is just chump change. I once 'knew' a guy who kept a 'stable' of uni girls in a big house near Pattaya, 100k a month each, plus he paid a procurer to go and find these girls. I can't see the big deal about pus@y myself.

On this case, I think the police acted in a sensible and restrained manner. When you see some of the 'fauna' crawling around Soi Sampan of an evening, one can easily see that the local BIB must be well used to this sort of thing.

"According to Thai news site Khaosod, Mr Walsh had been persuaded to travel to Udon Thani to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya.

Apparently, Mr Walsh and his girlfriend were going to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family."

Getting arrested was probably the best thing which could happen to this moron.

Only a moron would want to marry a prostitute. Wise up

Only a moron would want to marry a prostitute. Wise up

Why..?

Indeed, "WHY", would you want to marry a prostitute ? Only if you are a lonely loser / moron.

There's a simple moron test to apply - lets ask it.

"Would I marry a prostitute in my own country?"

No?

Then why would you marry a prostitute in any other country?

The wise among us can carry the logic.

The morons, the deluded, will never understand it.

They will lie to themselves.

True morons.