"Calm" places/roads in the Chiang Rai area for longboarding

crazyexchangestudent

Hello there everyone! I have been here in Chiang Rai for only a bit over two months, and have decided to pursue a new outdoor hobby, longboarding, in order to get me out and about, exercising, and exploring the area a bit more. I haven't gotten my board in the post yet, so I'm not sure yet if this is a great or incredibly stupid idea.

Could anyone recommend me relatively calm neighborhoods or paved roads to practice on, basically ANYWHERE between Mae Chan and southern Chiang Rai city? I live in Nanglae and will be practicing mostly in my own driveway/neighborhood at first (and my school), but I want to use this new hobby as a push for me to go around and explore more of the area. Would a longboard be allowed on Chiang Rai Rajabhat or Mae Fah Luang campuses? Thanks for the help.

When I first read your post, I pictured something which I saw a week ago on Lake Tahoe, on the northern California/Nevada border: people were renting what looked like large surfboards, standing while paddling peacefully along. Now it appears you're referring to a type of skateboard

The old airport on the south side of downtown.

16 yrs ago I went with a Thai friend to speak with an official there about setting up a skateboard park for the community. He didn't understand. He was air force old-school who had probably been transferred here to an inactive post, so his brain was mothballed. I drew pictures and tried my best to explain what I was offering to build. He refused to try to understand, and simply said I should contact the Royal Thai Air Force in Bangkok. Yeah sure.

That was another thing I saw in northern California on my recent trip. A skate board park. It was beautifully built, and the afternoon I was there, I saw dozens of kids (mostly boys) having lots of fun. Sure better than what most kids do in their spare time: hunched over tiny digital devices for hours, going cross-eyed and asocial.

When I first read your post, I pictured something which I saw a week ago on Lake Tahoe, on the northern California/Nevada border: people were renting what looked like large surfboards, standing while paddling peacefully along. Now it appears you're referring to a type of skateboard

The old airport on the south side of downtown.

16 yrs ago I went with a Thai friend to speak with an official there about setting up a skateboard park for the community. He didn't understand. He was air force old-school who had probably been transferred here to an inactive post, so his brain was mothballed. I drew pictures and tried my best to explain what I was offering to build. He refused to try to understand, and simply said I should contact the Royal Thai Air Force in Bangkok. Yeah sure.

That was another thing I saw in northern California on my recent trip. A skate board park. It was beautifully built, and the afternoon I was there, I saw dozens of kids (mostly boys) having lots of fun. Sure better than what most kids do in their spare time: hunched over tiny digital devices for hours, going cross-eyed and asocial.

Those large surfboards are called SUPS stand up paddle boards

Archived