Multiple Entry Visa

:o Hi Guys,

I have a multiple entry visa which I obtained in London that runs out on 29-12-06. I am currently in Spain and will be coming back to Thailand in Late October. I left Thailand in late July.

My questions are:

1. If I come back in on this visa, will I only get upto 29-12-06?

2. If the above is true, can I get a new muliple entry visa or will I have to wait for the exisiting one to expire?

3. Are multiple entry visas available under the new rules?

I would be going to the Thai embassy in Madrid.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can't wait to get back, Thailand is a wonderful country.

1. You will receive the normal 60 or 90 days allowed by your visa type.

2. NA

3. Yes. But there may be changes in issuance - some local Consulates have decided not to issue at all it seems. They also may be a change in the validity period of them from current information on the MFA website.

1. You will receive the normal 60 or 90 days allowed by your visa type.

2. NA

3. Yes. But there may be changes in issuance - some local Consulates have decided not to issue at all it seems. They also may be a change in the validity period of them from current information on the MFA website.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, that helps very much.

So I could come in, get 90 days (this is what I was getting on this visa before), then another 90 days (3 * 30) under new rules, giving 180 days continous stay. Does that sound right?

However, if I do want to get a new one year multiple entry visa, (if they are available), can I get one before the old one expires? I've decided if so, I will go to London to get it.

Many thanks

I suspect they will cancel the old and issue a new visa if you so request, and qualify for. Believe smaller Consulates are more likely to issue multi entry type visas.

Even with the final 90 day stay there is no reason you could not obtain a tourist visa from a local Consulate to avoid the 30 day entry without visa 90 day count. But as it stands now you could use 3x30 if you must.

If you do a border run just before the visa expires, you will get a final 90 days, could be worth it depending upon when you next arrive :o

Hi,

This sounds interesting. So what you are saying is that as my visa expires on 28-12-06, if I leave say on the 25th and come back on the 26th, I get another 90 days.

I am planning to be in Thailand on 21st October. so I will two months from the first entry, plus another 90 days from the second, sounds very good to me! That right?

I guess after that I can go on the 30 day visa run, or do as suggested above and get a tourist visa.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

If you do a border run just before the visa expires, you will get a final 90 days, could be worth it depending upon when you next arrive :o

So what you are saying is that as my visa expires on 28-12-06, if I leave say on the 25th and come back on the 26th, I get another 90 days.

Yes!

I was under the impression thatt you could no longer obtain back-to-back-to-back tourist visas from the consulates.

Am I mistaken on this point?

I thought the new rules would only allow 90 days in the country and then 90 days out, and that it would make no difference wether one had a tourist visa or just did visa runs with out the tourist visa.

I was planning to come to Thailand and stay for awhile, but after the new rules were announced I decided that 90 days in and 90 days out would not work for me.

Am I missing something?

It is up to the Consulate what they issue. Some of those in the immediate area have adopted a single entry visa policy.

The new rules, as understood now, only effect entry without visa (30 day permitted to stay stamps) and the rule is no more than 90 such days will be allowed during any six month time period. It does not apply to visa entry.

I know this has been discussed before, Ive read the posts, but rules are changing and i dont want to make any mistakes

i have a O-A multible visa [ from the US if that matters ]

i went out of thailand and came back july 7 and got my one year stamp at the airport. I know I have to report my address every 90 days. My visa is one year and has about 8 months left. I live in Jomtien

is there a window of time such as a week before?, do i just go a couple of days before?

do i go to the police station or imigration? I have read it here both ways?

what do i need to bring?

thanks for any help

Jimmy

Tthe website of the Hull consular in the UK, includes a new notice that says that its proceedures for issuing tourist and non-immigrant visa will not change. This presumable means that triple entry tourist visas are still available at least here

I know this has been discussed before, Ive read the posts, but rules are changing and i dont want to make any mistakes

i have a O-A multible visa [ from the US if that matters ]

i went out of thailand and came back july 7 and got my one year stamp at the airport. I know I have to report my address every 90 days. My visa is one year and has about 8 months left. I live in Jomtien

is there a window of time such as a week before?, do i just go a couple of days before?

do i go to the police station or imigration? I have read it here both ways?

what do i need to bring?

thanks for any help

Jimmy

Plus/Minus 7 days is the window but it is always better to do by the date. You either do at an immigration office of by mail to the office. It can also be done by someone delegated by you to do so. The form TM.47 can be downloaded/filled out and signed prior to office visit.

good luck at the THAI EMBASSY in MADRID

you need more than luck in madrid :o

even 6 years before , and resident of spain !! they refused to issued a double tourist visa, because i not providd aa returnticket ( buy tickets in bkk, because they are 3 month open and free of charge on changes). even i proofed

1.residence

2.thai AC

3. chanote from condo in thailand

now they would be more strictly!!!

good luck..................