Romanian ATM skimmers nabbed in Bangkok

webfact

Romanian ATM skimmers nabbed in Bangkok

atm.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- Two Romanian men have been arrested after using cloned cards to withdraw money from ATMs in the Chatuchak district of Bangkok, police have said.

Police told reporters on Tuesday that Mr Ion Masel, 35 and Mr Claudio Miho, 44, were arrested at a Petronas fuel station in Lat Phrao in possession of nine cloned ATM cards.

Police were alerted to the pair following a tip off from someone who noticed some unusual transactions from their bank account.

Daily News reports the pair allegedly confessed to police, telling officers they had withdrawn money from ATMs in the Lat Phrao area in order to transfer the money back to Romania.

Police confirm that pair arrived in Thailand on September 13 and had been tracking their movements prior to making the arrests.

On Tuesday, police announced that a Ukrainian man had been arrested in the Chatuchak area of Bangkok with 48 counterfeit ATM cards.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-23

Sometimes I wish Saudi law would apply here: Thief = Cut their hands off !

---------------------------------

Actually you are wrong.

It is the right hand only, because that only leaves a thief's left hand for them to eat with, and using the left hand is considered unclean.

Traditionally at least Arabs eat with their hands, and not having a right hand forces the thief to use his or her unclean left hand to eat with..

That means they are isolated from sharing food in normal meals with other people.

Well, I am not at all surprised.

As I said the day before yesterday, most of the ATM fraud in Thailand is committed by Ukrainians and Romanians, followed by Chinese and Malaysians.

Why Romanians? Because there are so many Gypsies living over there in Romania.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The guy on the right definitely looks like Gypsy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

I had a card cloned here last year, they waited 4/5 months before doing it, took around £1500 from my account in one day even though my daily limit was £500. I don't know how they managed that also it was taken from the same ATM in Bangkok, they kept making withdrawals until it wouldn't give them anymore. I had never been to Bangkok that trip so must have been cloned in Patong. All the money was refunded as it was a Visa Debit Card. I will only ever use an ATM outside a Bank now.

As I said the day before yesterday, most of the ATM fraud in Thailand is committed by Ukrainians and Romanians, followed by Chinese and Malaysians.

The man on the right looks far better dressed (and clean-shaven) than a lot of farangs I see on my weekly trips into Pattaya!

The man on the right looks far better dressed (and clean-shaven) than a lot of farangs I see on my weekly trips into Pattaya!

Yes, but it doesn't prevent him from being a criminal... ph34r.png

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal. Use Arial font, size 14 when posting.

This guys are Gypsies with Romanian passport. Ok you can say they are Romanians, but actually they have nothing in common with the Romanians as such. They are a big problem for Romanian society as well as they are in other countries. In the past, Romania was accused by EU states that it wasn't able to integrate them.. Well if you look now to other countries where they migrated, how good are they to integrate them? 0 % integration. Let me tell you one think. This race it's impossible to integrate, educate, and so one ... Of course there are some exceptions for the rules. They are the scum of the Romanian society. Sometimes we feel sorry that Hitler didn't finished his job properly in regards to gypsies. So yes, I'm happy that Thai police caught them and I wish them a pleasant stay in Bangkok Hilton !!!

the Romanian spread from everywhere

it is a scourge for all countries where they spend.

I vote we cut off their hands. crazy.gif

Please be careful when you refer to Romanians as Romanians are not Gypsies. There is a big confusion between gypsies and Romanians because the gypsies name was changed into Romani. That's why everyone thinks gypsies are Romanians. You are welcome to cut the gypsies hands, but don't touch My Romanian fellows. post-152790-14430196076016_thumb.jpg

Oh dear God, spare us the ameteur psychology lesson.

The only pain I have to deal with is having my card cloned.

Its a problem all over Europe, we all know what's going on.

I ONLY use ATM cards at a bank.

I used to use Aeon but I hear that they are no longer free. Do people know an ATM that doesn't charge?

Thanks

Oh dear God, spare us the ameteur psychology lesson.

The only pain I have to deal with is having my card cloned.

Its a problem all over Europe, we all know what's going on.

I ONLY use ATM cards at a bank.

I used to use Aeon but I hear that they are no longer free. Do people know an ATM that doesn't charge?

Thanks

You adhere to a "God" (note the upper-case "G") and want to criticize an "ameteur psychology lesson"?? First, learn how to spell and lose the arrogance regarding your connection with a higher power, and then address your gormless conceitedness regarding knowing "what's going on."

Some guy openly says Hitler should have massacred gypsies, and that racist and hateful post is not deleted? This is a horrible topic, showing the arrogant and racist side of some TVF members.

Credit card crime is committed by so many nationalities, and you people try to blame only the gypsies for it WITHOUT knowing if those guys or gypsy or not? That's really unbelievable.

Hey Dracula, I'm a Turk, you have problems with us as well? So that sociopath called Vlad is your hero, that makes you forget that you live under our rule for hundreds of years? You are sick person just like your idol.

So week after week I see articles about these ATM guys. Most seem to confess. OK, so what happens next? I have never seen a single follow up. Do they just buy their way out of trouble, and quietly leave the country? Are any actually in a Thai prison? Does anybody monitor any of the Thai jails or prisons and know how many of these ATM guys are there or not?

And many of the guys allege they send the money overseas to their ring leader. Why are those details not ever released? In this electronic age, there are plenty of savvy web snoopers that could help find those bad guys, probably better than the cop snoops

Thieving chunts deserve what they get

Yeah but what will they get? do any go to a Thai Jail or prison? I have not seen one single confirmed post arrest report of any ATM skimmers actually going to or currently in a Thai Jail or Prison. Do they all buy their way out? I would love to see a follow up of any of these people

Some guy openly says Hitler should have massacred gypsies, and that racist and hateful post is not deleted? This is a horrible topic, showing the arrogant and racist side of some TVF members.

Credit card crime is committed by so many nationalities, and you people try to blame only the gypsies for it WITHOUT knowing if those guys or gypsy or not? That's really unbelievable.

Hey Dracula, I'm a Turk, you have problems with us as well? So that sociopath called Vlad is your hero, that makes you forget that you live under our rule for hundreds of years? You are sick person just like your idol.

Take it easy Arkadas. I have no problems with the Turks these days. But if you want to talk history, well if you consider our King Vlad a sociopath, that I will call your Bayazid a killer. And let me remind you that although we were occupied by the Ottoman Empire for 200 years, we didn't lived under your rule. We paid Gizia (money) to your sultan in order to keep our rules and our religion. We fought many times with the Turkish army and defeat them. Its quite surprising for me to see that you are still scared of Vlad tactics to defend his country against the ottoman invasion..man, you guys must have been very terrified by his tactics , if even today, after 500 years you have this in your head

Of course all the gypsies tramps and thieves come to Thailand because its easy money and no law enforcement to speak of so happy days once you get your first draw of free money from someone elses bank account this can be used to pay of the law enforcement and the next money draws can be yours to spend on hookers and beer. Just lock them up and throw away the key and they wont commit the same crime again

Thieving chunts deserve what they get

Yeah but what will they get? do any go to a Thai Jail or prison? I have not seen one single confirmed post arrest report of any ATM skimmers actually going to or currently in a Thai Jail or Prison. Do they all buy their way out? I would love to see a follow up of any of these people

Should put them in the stocks and let people throw rotten fruit and vegetables at them.

I had a card cloned here last year, they waited 4/5 months before doing it, took around £1500 from my account in one day even though my daily limit was £500. I don't know how they managed that also it was taken from the same ATM in Bangkok, they kept making withdrawals until it wouldn't give them anymore. I had never been to Bangkok that trip so must have been cloned in Patong. All the money was refunded as it was a Visa Debit Card. I will only ever use an ATM outside a Bank now.

Why use them at all ? Many branches of Bangkok bank are open seven days a week.