Stallions: Any owners out there what to share their experience?

bottledwater

22 minutes ago, Denim said:

What's the availability of spares like compared to the big four ?

Depends on how big the dealer is. I think most of the bikes are assembled by the dealer as that is what the dealer I bought my bike does so he has parts. If the dealer does not have the part like the new ECU I needed he orders direct from China and the part was there within a week. As this is the first year for the brand I would think that the availability of parts will only get better.

21 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

I think that price is for the 250 cc model. The 400cc models are going for around 115,000 baht. The 400cc model just got BIG BIKE of the year award......not sure what that means but I am very happy with my Stallion 400.

CT 400.jpg

pricing.jpg

Big Bike award.jpg

22 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

I think that price is for the 250 cc model. The 400cc models are going for around 115,000 baht. The 400cc model just got BIG BIKE of the year award......not sure what that means but I am very happy with my Stallion 400.

CT 400.jpg

pricing.jpg

Big Bike award.jpg

I have to admit, that is a fine looking motorcycle.

2 hours ago, Maybole said:

No, definitely on the Ct400 t,the 250 was Thb76000

If you can get it for 89,000 I'd buy them all day long at that price as it is 26,000 baht below list price. That's unheard of in Thailand.

On 25/08/2017 at 9:16 PM, Rdrokit said:

Must have been a lemon. I had my Scrambler 400 for 6 months and the only problem was a faulty ECU which was replaced under warranty. I ride with a guy who has over 20,000km on his CT400 and has only had the same problem with the ECU. The replacement ECUs were new models now on all the 400s.

I'm sure it was a lemeon of some sort. The ECU that had to be replaced (twice). Both times it went on the warranty. They took care of it, so I'll give them that, but still, it made me not really trust the bike.

There were also other minor issues, if you gave it full throttle and hit more than 4000RPM you could notice a lag, like it was giving too fuel to the engine with a delay, this was an issue if I wanted to accelerate and change gears at high RPM's. They were never able to fix that.

As a once Alfa Romeo owner I can tell you fun is everything, unreliability is always exaggerated, you only every hear the bad stuff.

My cheapo Lifan dirtbike has been great, had such a laugh on that bike and I see the kids on these Stallions, they all look as though they are loving it.

If you must be boring buy a Honda Wave........

5 hours ago, anto said:

About B76,000 too much ,for the poor quality and the fact its made in China where they pay the assemblers peanuts .

Oh and the Thais get $20 an hour do they?

In Japan the assemblers get paid nothing, they are all robots......as are the designers.

The Chinese are coming, be prepared.. and they know what their customers want (in this case), a bit of excitement is a dull world.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:35 PM, AllanB said:

As a once Alfa Romeo owner I can tell you fun is everything, unreliability is always exaggerated, you only every hear the bad stuff.

My cheapo Lifan dirtbike has been great, had such a laugh on that bike and I see the kids on these Stallions, they all look as though they are loving it.

If you must be boring buy a Honda Wave........

I've had many Ducatis - big & small, 1960s > 1990s - in my biking lifetime but would I buy another one now? No way. Also big Triumphs, BMWs, Japs. 

In the past, they suited my biking wants & needs and were fun in those circumstances but they'd be wasted on the type of Isaan backroads I ride on now, the frequency (or lack) of trips, the small annual mileage I do. Why would I want to buy an expensive bike for that? A small, cheap, fun bike is what I want now with the emphasis on FUN. That's exactly what my 250 Stallions is - fun with a bit of nostalgia thrown in for the small, simple bikes I rode alongside the bigger bikes, when I was younger. 

People like oMega69 might think Stallions bikes are "SHIT" (although I really don't care what the assemblers are paid) but, from my current (and probably future) perspective, almost any of the big bikes I rode before coming to Thailand would also be 'shit' because they don't suit the use I'd put them to.

A bike is 'good' if it suits your needs. If it doesn't, it's 'shit', to use oMega69's description, although I don't think I'd ever used that term about a bike. 

Edited by MartinL

1 hour ago, MartinL said:

People like oMega69 might think Stallions bikes are "SHIT" .......

BIG Apologies to oMega69 - he wasn't the poster that described Stallions as "SHIT" even though, of course, he's free to think that if he wants.

I should have said "People like anto ..."