Disabled Car Sticker

Paul Laycock

I do not think Thailand has a system for issuing disabled stickers. In those cases were cones may be used to reserve a disable parking slot, it's pretty much up to the security guard to determine if you can park there or not....and I expect that just requires you telling them a disabled person is in the car...let me park there. And in many cases the disabled parking slots are just left open for anybody to park there based on an honor system which don't seem to work well in Thailand since there is no enforcement/law against parking in a disabled parking slot that I've heard of.

http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-thailand-parking

But I do know for sure many able-bodied people of all ages use disabled parking spaces in Thailand--I guess they are just just A-holes mentally disabled.

Thanks, I was at Makro, Mukdahan yesterday and noticed disabled parking spaces closed off by mobile barriers, Above the area was a sign which said disabled with a kind of disabled symbol, can't be any clearer as I paid little attention to it.

No body was abusing the system and at the time didn't feel like enquiring. So just wondering.

I was the OP in the hyperlinked ask the lawyer. What I found out later from my wife's long-time friend who works at the LTO is that there is in fact a form, and you are sent to a speciialist in whatever condition you have. Our friend advised against me going that route because he has seen many people come back where the doctor has pulled their license.

But, if you're not driving, you can be issued a placard to allow the vehicle you're in to park in the disabled spots. So, in your case, it's worth going to the LTO and apply.

Thankyou, that sounds like the route I will take. I could drive in the event of an emergency but prefer not to as it involves lifting my right leg with my left hand, not fair on other road users. Car is automatic but in the event of an accident I think I would be in deep doo doo.