Does anybody have kids who attend a technical college?

lostinisaan

Hi Lost In Isaan, after reading more the thread, once again my sincere apologies and also my deepest sympathies to your son. Since you know that he wants to be a computer game designer, I suggest that you contact a proper qualified career and education counsellor who can assists for making recommendations to the proper schools and programmes or courses for your son to undertake to achive what he wants to do eventually. I strongly do not believe that the technical college is the right place.Computer programming, software knowledge etc would be more essential in game designing. I also wish you well and hope that you can eventually move out from the village and buy a proper home so that your other kids or future kids can get a decent education considering the issues up there in remote Isaan. Wishing you and your son all the best.

From what I know, only the kids of the poor and uneducated or from the slums, or off springs or failures or lower life forms , end up in the tech or vocational colleges. Decent parents who work hard and know how to plan to raise a family, will have monies and know how to provide a proper education for their loved ones and ensure that they do not end up in such garbage gutters.

Is your name Richard per chance.

Grammar school wasn't for me and I got out first chance I had. I attended one of these places you seem to despise, got my diploma, got my degree and currently completing my MBA. It worked for me as it does for many, many others. My cousin took the same route and is now a quantity surveyor in Oz. He went home recently and paid for a new house in cash. He also owns 4 more properties and he is the result of a technical college.

His parents are decent people as are mine, or maybe you know better !

Grammar school wasn't for me and I got out first chance I had. I attended one of these places you seem to despise, got my diploma, got my degree and currently completing my MBA. It worked for me as it does for many, many others. My cousin took the same route and is now a quantity surveyor in Oz. He went home recently and paid for a new house in cash. He also owns 4 more properties and he is the result of a technical college.

His parents are decent people as are mine, or maybe you know better !

You did all this after attending a Tech school in Thailand?

For those who have some problems understanding despite their good education and so called success in life........we are talking about technical or vocational colleges in Thailand na.

You were non specific in your post and although LII mentioned TC's in Thailand, you didn't. Your post did not state Thai TC's but a generalisation about all TC's. My apologies if you meant differently and I don't need sarcasm from you to explain that.

Once again you are generalising about "so called success' and being a Richard again.

The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.

Robert Kiyosaki

Edited by thequietman

For those who have some problems understanding despite their good education and so called success in life........we are talking about technical or vocational colleges in Thailand na.

I think they're trying to demonstrate that tech schools in other countries are just as bad, from their laughable displays of comprehension skills.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

If the budget for tech schools has been skimmed as thoughly as has the money alloted for 12 years of general education I am surprised they even require attendance. The lack of knowledge of those who claim electrical knowledge from tech schools can be pertty scary at times.

Appliance repair taught seems to be more part /component replacement until the customer takes his appliance somewhere else or buys a new one. the latter seems to be the goal of many.

The tech schools in the real world turn out sokme very productive contributors to society and are many times paid better salaries than grudate engineers who design hardware and or software. And by the way have much better job security as breakdowns occurr often but new design is often postponed for a year or two due to the economy.

From what I know, only the kids of the poor and uneducated or from the slums, or off springs or failures or lower life forms , end up in the tech or vocational colleges. Decent parents who work

hard and know how to plan to raise a family,

will have monies and know how to provide a

proper education for their loved ones and ensure

that they do not end up in such garbage gutters.[/

quote]

Who the hell do u think u are talking bout someone else's family like that? Esp when u don't even know them.

Go an crawl back under ur bar stall.

Judging OP for where his kids choose to go to school is fairly dodgy, even for this board. He and his family made the choice on where to send the kids, no need for the peanut gallery to weigh in on that.

Having said that, I think other commentators need to wake up and smell the coffee. Vocational schools do have a bit of a reputation, undeserved or not it is there. It's not exactly germane to OP's post, but meh it is what it is.

Hi Lost In Isaan, after reading more the thread, once again my sincere apologies and also my deepest sympathies to your son. Since you know that he wants to be a computer game designer, I suggest that you contact a proper qualified career and education counsellor who can assists for making recommendations to the proper schools and programmes or courses for your son to undertake to achive what he wants to do eventually. I strongly do not believe that the technical college is the right place.Computer programming, software knowledge etc would be more essential in game designing. I also wish you well and hope that you can eventually move out from the village and buy a proper home so that your other kids or future kids can get a decent education considering the issues up there in remote Isaan. Wishing you and your son all the best.

Are you constantly on LSD, Peyote, Psylocibin, or any other similar Hallucinogen?

Thanks for your apologies, but you do not need sympathy for him. I should contact "an education counselor" to find out what i already know?

I live here since 15 years and do know quite a few people. Where did I write that I live in a village? That's how you read posts, I wrote that he's registered in the house book of parents in law, not more.

We live in the city, in a very nice villa, great neighborhood, got all we need and I consider us a real healthy family. But you suggested that we move into a "proper home?" We live a very comfortable life, got a truck, motorbike and some friends.

Do you think that we live in a cave and go hunting buffaloes when we're hungry? How do you know my future plans, my "future kids" and all that buffalo dung?

We do not want to have more kids. But I had a nice chat with my son, what you wrote about students at his college. He'd love to meet you face to face and "discuss the issue" with you in person.

You could be big and strong, but you made him really angry and i do not know what you'd look like after this meeting. But let me tell you that he's fair, no others will come to help him. Choose the time and place and we'll see.

Dear Mods, I think it's time to shut this one down. Thanks a lot in advance and thousands of thanks to the guys who understand that some people go a different way to reach their goal.

Life's too damn short to crawl out of your cave, when you're on Acid. Need to go hunting now. thumbsup.gif

Wow, thanks for these nice posts. All I wanted to know was if others also pay money for any soldier bs.

BTW, he wanted to study electronics and he's got his own reasons for.

Calling him "from the slums" is just insane and shows the poster's intelligence. And it includes my wife and me as well.

I do not think that you'd have the balls to tell him that face to face that he's from the "slums"? If you do, please let's meet.

I believe that he's old and bright enough to know what he's doing with his life. Thanks for the flowers.

All I was asking for was if somebody has kids who're studying at a technical college and have to pay money for something that involves soldiers, they can't really explain to you what for.

Of course does my wife think that's "normal." Anything that comes from a school, for example a donation for a new swimming pool isn't "normal" in my eyes.

But we all have different opinions, right?

Please don't call us people from the slums, who do not care about our son's education. Thanks for your kindest consideration.

Sorry to say but you are lost and confusing technical schools with what you know abroad.

Technical colleges in Thailand are the breeding grounds for all the hooligans and their education NEVER leads to anything but a low paying job.

Stories abound about technical colleges fighting with each other and even killing each other.

When you make comments like "My son has his reasons for technical college", you don't even have a clue do you?

What kind of income is the technical colleges telling their students they will make IF they ever graduate?

Do you even care that the income will NEVER be enough for him to remotely support himself or a family?

The money being paid is probably so he does not get thrashed by the hooligan gangs that run amok in technical schools in Thailand.

A four year degree pays 15,000 baht a month in Thailand. Your son is looking at a lot less than that.

Instead of worrying about "protection money" you are paying now, worry about how your son is going to support himself the rest of his life.

Case in point. Lite-On Factory in Rangsit pays 6,000 thb per month for electronics technicians that are required to do an absurd number of assemblies each day to quality for the 6,000 baht per month.

This is the life you have chosen for your son.

Are you constantly on LSD, Peyote, Psylocibin, or any other similar Hallucinogen?

Thanks for your apologies, but you do not need sympathy for him. I should contact "an education counselor" to find out what i already know?

I live here since 15 years and do know quite a few people. Where did I write that I live in a village? That's how you read posts, I wrote that he's registered in the house book of parents in law, not more.

We live in the city, in a very nice villa, great neighborhood, got all we need and I consider us a real healthy family. But you suggested that we move into a "proper home?" We live a very comfortable life, got a truck, motorbike and some friends.

Do you think that we live in a cave and go hunting buffaloes when we're hungry? How do you know my future plans, my "future kids" and all that buffalo dung?

We do not want to have more kids. But I had a nice chat with my son, what you wrote about students at his college. He'd love to meet you face to face and "discuss the issue" with you in person.

You could be big and strong, but you made him really angry and i do not know what you'd look like after this meeting. But let me tell you that he's fair, no others will come to help him. Choose the time and place and we'll see.

Dear Mods, I think it's time to shut this one down. Thanks a lot in advance and thousands of thanks to the guys who understand that some people go a different way to reach their goal.

Life's too damn short to crawl out of your cave, when you're on Acid. Need to go hunting now. thumbsup.gif

If your son was such a bad-ass he would not be paying protection money at the technical college. That money is so he doesn't get beat up by the gangs. Pay or else. As far as thinking your son is such a bad-ass, you have some real serious issues. Any one that issues a challenge for their kid "face to face" is in need of help. Seriously. I can image some 6'5" farang kicking the crap of him while you sit idly by doing nothing and no one jumps in to save him. Save the superman antics and worry about the fact you sentenced your kid to NO FUTURE with a technical education.