Cheap monthly accommodation with a swimming pool?

lewisp91

Hey guys,

My friends and I are going to Bangkok tomorrow, looking to stay for 1 month.

We need a place that provides clean rooms, with air con and ideally a swimming pool. It should be close to where the action is but doesn't need to be on the doorstep.Our accommodation budget is 5,000 - 8,000 baht.

Does anyone have any suggestions on places in particular, or even areas to search when we get there?

Thanks in advance.

Some guys on here like to act as if it's a big joke when people ask about cheap accommodation, not sure why. How much you like to spend on rent isn't related to how much money you have, or your status... some people are fine with a basic studio regardless of their income.

You can find what OP is looking for quite easily.

MN Place on Sukhumvit 62 has clean rooms, air con and a pool, for 5000+.

Does 1 month stays for 300 baht/day.

kpStoT7.png

https://www.facebook.com/MN-Place-208163669204135/timeline/

Some guys on here like to act as if it's a big joke when people ask about cheap accommodation, not sure why. How much you like to spend on rent isn't related to how much money you have, or your status... some people are fine with a basic studio regardless of their income.

You can find what OP is looking for quite easily.

MN Place on Sukhumvit 62 has clean rooms, air con and a pool, for 5000+.

Does 1 month stays for 300 baht/day.

kpStoT7.png

https://www.facebook.com/MN-Place-208163669204135/timeline/

so that will be 9000 / 9300 per month

I see the Contemp says two months security deposit is needed. I think that would put off most short term tourists as who knows if you'll ever see the money back. A lot of risk to take for a cheap one month.

Good luck.

Edited by Jingthing

Sadly no decent website that lists places that do 1 month stays, that I'm aware of

TeePak lets you search by price, and has the most cheap places, you'd then have to contact them to find out if you can stay a month. http://www.tee-pak.com/en/

Or http://www.apartment-bkk.com/index_en.php

Or Airbnb with a free $25 coupon code, those are easy to find

Hi again. Yes just checked Tee-pak.com and you can search for places that are rented by the month or daily. But it seems you can't add further criteria like cost so that's a bit tedious in terms of searching. Also even places that rent by the month will probably have a deposit involved. I have to think that the places that are rented daily might be less likely to require deposits so it might be worthwhile looking for those on the map interface.

I'm actually looking for a place myself for three or fours months this winter. If you're staying less than 6 months, then you basically can't get a condo or apartment with a lease. That reduces the pool of possible places by 90% at least. So any place that rents monthly with little or no deposit definitely gets my attention.

That's why I am considering Airbnb. Never went that route before but maybe this time. From what I have seen, there isn't much at all for under 10,000 a month.

I see the Contemp says two months security deposit is needed. I think that would put off most short term tourists as who knows if you'll ever see the money back. A lot of risk to take for a cheap one month.

Good luck.

I've had several friends who have stayed at Contemp, both short and long term and deposit return has never been an issue provided someone didn't try to miss lead about the duration of stay and gave the agreed upon notice to leave.

The rooms at Contemp would be pretty small for 4 guys. Also; yes they have a pool...but just barely. It's very small, about 2 strokes in each direction, if your arms are short.

The Omni on Soi-4, Nana, central to the action rents condos for 16K up. Consider how much you'll save on taxi fares staying in such a convenient place.

Four of em and want accommodation for 8k Baht a month total.

Next want to know where the "action" is.

Had to laugh at this....8k Baht is a good night out in Bangkok....suggest you all save up your money and try again next year lol.

Edit: I'm taking the piss a little....but only a little...Sukhumvit isn't particularly cheap on nightlife....just saying....maybe you should consider whether you can afford a month around there hitting the clubs.

Edited by smokie36

Good luck.

I've had several friends who have stayed at Contemp, both short and long term and deposit return has never been an issue provided someone didn't try to miss lead about the duration of stay and gave the agreed upon notice to leave.

The rooms at Contemp would be pretty small for 4 guys. Also; yes they have a pool...but just barely. It's very small, about 2 strokes in each direction, if your arms are short.

The Omni on Soi-4, Nana, central to the action rents condos for 16K up. Consider how much you'll save on taxi fares staying in such a convenient place.

I think you can rule out taxis for these guys.

I got a feeling its gonna be shanks's pony to the nearest place that sells beer chang. 555

Edited by bamukloy

Good luck.

I think you can safely say taxis will be off limits with these guys.

Im thinking it will be shanks's pony to the nearest place that sells beer chang