Don't fear Internet single gateway: Thai ICT minister

webfact

I seem to remember early on Thailand only really did have one international connection by one company and the internet was almost unusable as there was too little international bandwidth.... and this is what they want to move back to? If you are focusing on improving international bandwidth you do not restrict it down to one line/organization - you incentivise and allow competition to increase the bandwidth and you make sure to eliminate and restrict any organization that creates market restrictions and monopolizes the resource. The truth is obvious..... (BTW, the cutting off of facebook which they said was a technical glitch - happened across multiple providers and thus was proof that the government ordered it).

I recall 2001 when I got a 1 mb attachment and was able to finally download it in Pattaya on my dial-up connection after 16 tries.

As far as Facebook goes...... I think the world would be a better place without it.

FB has to be the stupidest concept ever IMHO, yet the masses seem to love it.

Mighty internet warrior has spoken. Listen and obey!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, only one question:

Which or What Thai company owns an international gateway ???

ANSWER:

NONE !!!

ALL OF THEM ARE RENTED FROM REAL BIG INERNATIONAL CABLE COMPANIES !!!

TOT, TRUE, CAT & 3BB only rent !!!

Edited by Tywais
Changed to standard font

If we are going back in time, does anyone know were my old Commodore 64 is?

attachicon.gifCommodore 64.JPG

Don't forget this, maybe the best Internet connection in the future. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifModem.JPG

My nephew saw an old dial up telephone once.

Kid is about 22 now. He LOOOOOKED at me and his Dad like we were aliens.

He could not believe we grew up on such crude technology.

I recall my Dad getting mad at the phone company when I was about 5.

He ripped the phone off the wall and it wound up in the back yard.

"Information and Communication Technology Minister Uttama "

Is this a cabinet level position?

I would not have anyone that spouts this nonsense in my cabinet. He is really the minister of propaganda. His words are so soothing almost believable. Sounds like it comes out of a North Korean playbook. He must think he is talking to a 17th century audience. What a comic.

A reminder of the pinned forum rules for the News forum. Post removed and replies to it.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

These kind of things are why the Junta should implement reforms ASAP to make sure Thailand can not have another parliament of dirty cronies passing amnesty bills and then get out.

They are not qualified in any way to make major policy decisions with far reaching effects whilst remaining unaccountable to the public. They are Army and should stick to what they know.

These kind of things are why the Junta should implement reforms ASAP to make sure Thailand can not have another parliament of dirty cronies passing amnesty bills and then get out.

They are not qualified in any way to make major policy decisions with far reaching effects whilst remaining unaccountable to the public. They are Army and should stick to what they know.

I don't normally comment on individuals posts, but this is one of the more incomprehensible ones.

Not sure if you want, don't want, should or shouldn't have the junta do it.

Fanboys of the junta are clearly conflicted by this, but as a general rule; the conflicted should just say nothing, makes for less risk of ridicule

But they don't do they? So who is there to hold them accountable for their actions?

FredNL, on 25 Sept 2015 - 12:46, said:FredNL, on 25 Sept 2015 - 12:46, said:

Well, only one question:

Which or What Thai company owns an international gateway ???

ANSWER:

NONE !!!

ALL OF THEM ARE RENTED FROM REAL BIG INERNATIONAL CABLE COMPANIES !!!

TOT, TRUE, CAT & 3BB only rent !!!

So WHO ARE the big international companies ?

Don't fear Internet single gateway cheesy.gif

They tried to "sneak" it in place, and now they come to say this.......clap2.gif

TITwai2.gif

Any business with respect for them self would invest in a new firewall regardless/......

Would you trust all your IP rights and IT stuff with the Thai Government? I would not.... in a million years!

So how did the appointment with Dr. Chang go? Seems it was lengthy..

If they look at how their friends to the North manages a great firewall - and copy them - they wouldn't just block individual websites (like they do now) - they can use techniques to scan URLs and web page content for blacklisted keywords. As another poster mentioned they can also find and block VPNs so it is a scary scenario.