Bangkok blast: Suspect 'confesses' he planted Erawan shrine bomb

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, Thai police are the best in the world

I'm terrified I'm hallucinating so could you guys kindly confirm you're reading this as well. Cheers.

Come on now, you've been here long enough to be fully aware of the excellent policing skills that the RTP are known for throughout the world together with record breaking expertise that is always applied and used in any investigation. Actually their skills are so finely tuned, they can, just 5 minutes after any serious incident advise that no Thai was involved in the event, this has been shown and proven now on many occasions.

So it's Ok, you're not hallucinating as he is only reconfirming well known facts.

Facial recognition technology could surely confirm this quite quickly.

You have pointed out the obvious, it has already undertaken, they got one of the local plod to have a quick gander at the pic. - yep, that's him alright - identification confirmed.

""For me, Thai police are the best in the world."

I what ? This guys in uniforms are so full of themselves .

-They are the best in corruption !

-They are the best in taking bribes.

-They are the best in roadblocks

-And above all they are the best in stupidity !

I was going to post the same thing. At least there's one other person here who can look at evidence and come to an intelligent conclusion and not let they low opinion of Thai police or Thais in general cloud their thinking process.

The person in the two photos looks like the same person to me. Video of a guy holding a blue plastic bag, walking into a toilet and coming out sans wig, fake glasses, armbands and a in different shirt and holding the same bag seems to be pretty solid evidence.

I'm not a huge of the Thai police, many don't have the best reputation but when they do seem to solve a difficult crime, why the bashing then?

I'm surprised they were able to locate and arrest so many suspects so quickly.

The U.S. with all its technology and reputation for solving difficult crimes doesn't even have video of an airliner crashing into the Pentagon.

Even with all the broken cameras, the Thai police have video of this guy planting the bomb, making his getaway and changing clothes. They arrest people red-handed with the same materials used in the two bombs.

I'm surprised anyone was able to make such progress. I'd like to see some of these Thai-bashing, armchair quarterbacks do better. It's a lot easier to sit in your chair and second guess and criticize that it is to actually accomplish something, and here the police have. I think they deserve some credit here.

Seems quite damning to me, footage of the bomber entering a toilet, out comes with changed clothes and no wig, glasses or armbands, he looks very much like Karadag, then CCTV footage of Karadag wearing the same clothes arriving at his condo.

That and the evidence of bomb making makes it a slam dunk.

The U.S. with all its technology and reputation for solving difficult crimes doesn't even have video of an airliner crashing into the Pentagon.

I may get banned for saying this as the mods could deem it as flamming but here goes.

They have plenty of video, they just aren't showing it to anyone for obvious reasons.

For the uninitiated here, the Thai Police may or may not be the best police in the world, that is an opinion and judgement call however, one thing must be noted is that here in Thailand, as well as in many Asian countries, the "Bamboo Telegraph" is everywhere. I have seen this countless times in decades in Asia that if someone commits a crime and the authorities really want them (and the issue is not political) they are usually able to locate the perps damn quick through the local "telegraph" system and with a high degree of accuracy. If one commits a serious crime it is advised that one high tail it out of the region asap because chances are they will locate you. Considering the US FBI rate of fugitive acquisition is under 30% (depending who one reads, of course) the Thais and other Asia law enforcement do quite ok.

Seems quite damning to me, footage of the bomber entering a toilet, out comes with changed clothes and no wig, glasses or armbands, he looks very much like Karadag, then CCTV footage of Karadag wearing the same clothes arriving at his condo.

To my eyes there's a yellow shirt in the plastic bag he's carrying.

Somehow I am convinced that this poor guy Adem Karadag has nothing to do with the bombing.

The picture of the yellow shirted man shows a different person, the body constitution is clearly different, isn't it?

The yellow shirted man is more slim.

Doesn't the way he has his left arm appear similar? What shoes did he leave the park with? The bag doesn't look like it was carrying shoes.

To my eyes there's a yellow shirt in the plastic bag he's carrying.

Yes, I noticed that too.

It would seem that the bag contained the grey shirt before the change of clothes, after the change it is bulging much more, evidently from now being filled with the yellow shirt, wig, glasses and armbands.

"The police chief said that judging from the amount of bomb-making materials found in possession of the suspects in this case, it appeared they were making more than 10 explosive devices. It was fortunate for Thailand that those people were arrested before the bombs were planted, he added."

If the above is true, and according to the police that this was not a terrorist attack, how can the authorities state that this was an individual grievance?

Sorry, again, if the above is true from the OP, it was not only a terrorist attack but part of a terrorist campaign. To issue statements as anything otherwise would, IMO, be putting the Thai public at risk.

National police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang yesterday declined to confirm that Karadag was the bomber. But he said he believed the police had evidence to prove so.

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world. I believe police have evidence, but I can't disclose anything further about this," he said.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Careful now, the whole World will get pain in stomach from laughing so much at you ... Amazing this guy can be Chief of Police but just show what a mess this country is in ...

Too bad he cant give more reward Money to his goons ...blink.png

Let's hope they have the right man.

This guy was caught with explosive devices when he was arrested and by all accounts was not cooperative at all.

If he is the man, one must congratulate the Thai Police.

It was a neighbour who lived in the same building as the bomber who tipped the police. Then the police gave the reward of 3 million to themselves.clap2.gif

Yabut they had to appear trustworthy, or might have got misinformed. That's 90% of a quality investigation anywhere.

Edited by silent

Karadag confesses to be Erawan Shrine bomber

1512-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Adem Karadag or Mohammed Bilaturk has confessed to be the person who planted the powerful bomb at the Erawan Shrine.

According to Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy spokesman Pol Col Ekarak Limsangkart, Karadag confessed to the team of metropolitan police which went to interrogate him at the 11th Army Infantry Regiment’s detention centre yesterday.

But he said the police have yet to look for evidence to verify his confession.

He said the police still did not fully trust his confession until evidence could be gathered to confirm he had planted the bomb.

It needs several steps to ensure if his confession was true, he said.

He asked for a few more days to verify the confession before “good news” could be announced.

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuong confirmed Karadag is not a scapegoat, but evidence collected so far pointed to him.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

Karadag confesses to be Erawan Shrine bomber

1512-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Adem Karadag or Mohammed Bilaturk has confessed to be the person who planted the powerful bomb at the Erawan Shrine.

According to Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy spokesman Pol Col Ekarak Limsangkart, Karadag confessed to the team of metropolitan police which went to interrogate him at the 11th Army Infantry Regiment’s detention centre yesterday.

But he said the police have yet to look for evidence to verify his confession.

He said the police still did not fully trust his confession until evidence could be gathered to confirm he had planted the bomb.

It needs several steps to ensure if his confession was true, he said.

He asked for a few more days to verify the confession before “good news” could be announced.

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuong confirmed Karadag is not a scapegoat, but evidence collected so far pointed to him.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

Seems a bit short on man-power to listen to a confession - I don't see uncle Tom Cobly anywhere.

Let's hope they have the right man.

This guy was caught with explosive devices when he was arrested and by all accounts was not cooperative at all.

If he is the man, one must congratulate the Thai Police.

Of course he is the right man he confessed. Case closed. Congratulate the Thai Police only if they left no tell tale marks.

National police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang yesterday declined to confirm that Karadag was the bomber. But he said he believed the police had evidence to prove so.

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world. I believe police have evidence, but I can't disclose anything further about this," he said.

Best in the world at ...................

I hope he does not have to regurgitate sometime in the future. Egg on face look out of place. Charlie Chan.

When he was arrested in the apartment, I thought, this guy is very dumb and probably not the bomber.

Now I am thinking, this guy is very dumb and could be the bomber.

Even with the babbling RTP, it's worth keeping an open mind.

Speaking of minds, where is that guy who left via Dhaka, Delhi, and Dubai? Long gone.

Confessed?

Really? I mean really and truly, "It was me what dunnit guv."

Or is it just, yet another of those "special confessions", written by the interrogator and signed by the accused.

A Koh Tao confession is after all a confession, obtained freely and without any duress.