UA: ORD to NRT.

dddave

Yesterday, I returned to Bangkok from Chicago on an ANA itinerary. The ORD-NRT leg (12 hours) was UA-881, an old 747-400 with no individual IFE or power outlets in economy so if you plan on this route, bring a tablet and a battery back-up...or a good book.

Not wanting to be great defender of United, but if you travel in the upgraded business class, I'd say it's as good as it gets.

Now I don't often travel with UA these days and I'm certainly not discussing the quality of the flight attendants, just the cabin layout

I flied UA a lot until the they dropped BKK-NRT route.

Liked the B786 service NRT-LAX, and with Star Alliance Gold automatic upgrade to premium economy.

Once they dropped BKK-NRT it became unbearable in ANA coach and I stopped using them.

I still have four lounge passes I'd sell for $25 (THB 900) each if anyone has an interest...

Edited by mogandave

The last time I flew UA it transferred me to ANA in japan to BKK.I couldn't eat that Asian food.Luckily I brought food with me.

Maybe enough to people have complained maybe some International food now.

At least on this trip, I found ANA's "Western Selection" food to be a cut above UA's in both presentation and taste.

The last time I flew UA it transferred me to ANA in japan to BKK.I couldn't eat that Asian food.Luckily I brought food with me.

Maybe enough to people have complained maybe some International food now.

I did not mind the food, but ANA is just too dang cramped.