DSI seizes 10 million Baht worth of counterfeit smartphones, accessories

webfact

10 million baht of fake brandname smart phones and accessories seized

222-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 10 million baht worth of counterfeit brandname smart phones and accessories have been seized in recent raids of shophouses in Chinatown area by officials from the Department of Special Investigation.

The counterfeit products of such brandnames as Apple, Samsung and Hello Kitty were presented to the media at the DSI’s head office Friday morning.

DSI chief Mrs Suwana Suwanchutha said officials from the DSI’s intellectual property rights office and Plabplachai police raided seven shophouses which also serve as warehouses in the vicinity of Suapa road.

The searches uncovered over 20,000 items of counterfeit brandname products which include smart phones, power banks, earphones and other accessories. The haul was estimated to worth about 10 million baht.

Several suspects were arrested on charges of possessing counterfeit products for sale and tax evasions.

Representatives of the brandname products said that all the counterfeit products are of substandard quality and may pose dangers to users.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/10-million-baht-of-fake-brandname-smart-phones-and-accessories-seized

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

Heaven forbid my Hello Kitty might be fake!

--------------------------

On a serious note, I bought a Chinese iPhone a long time ago at Tukcom in Pattaya.

It lasted all of about 36 hours & I sneezed on it (or something) and it quit working.

On a serious note, I bought a Chinese iPhone a long time ago at Tukcom in Pattaya.

It lasted all of about 36 hours & I sneezed on it (or something) and it quit working.

Ye, same same. Mine lasted little bit longer.

Yesterday Customs seized 7mio baht worth of motorcycle frames and khat leaves.

Customs seize 7 million baht worth of contraband from parcels and air freights

This is topped today by the venerable DSI, who obviously had to show off who is better at seizures: 10mio baht worth of smart phones and chargers.

Tomorrow's story:

The RTP seized 20mio baht worth of Common Sense, Honesty and Integrity, however, they are quite befuddled on what to do with it, as this is the first time they have encountered the items. Police spokesman said, he is quite sure that they are extremely dangerous, subversive and against the law: "We have to lock then up somewhere,...maybe Dusit Zoo? Can't have them at a police station, no, no."

Gee that's awesome... such amazing news should be across all major international networks!

This world-class force needs to show the rest of the world how to do things... clearly!

I wonder if they lined up all the coppers and asked them to put their watches and phones and accessories on the table how many would be fakes? Not one I bet!!

Yesterday Customs seized 7mio baht worth of motorcycle frames and khat leaves.

Customs seize 7 million baht worth of contraband from parcels and air freights

This is topped today by the venerable DSI, who obviously had to show off who is better at seizures: 10mio baht worth of smart phones and chargers.

Tomorrow's story:

The RTP seized 20mio baht worth of Common Sense, Honesty and Integrity, however, they are quite befuddled on what to do with it, as this is the first time they have encountered the items. Police spokesman said, he is quite sure that they are extremely dangerous, subversive and against the law: "We have to lock then up somewhere,...maybe Dusit Zoo? Can't have them at a police station, no, no."

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

ehhh.... where do they store these copies ? i will wager they store them in a wharehouse in china town , or they are already back in the vendors hands . someone need to do a spot check on copy inventory right now . ha ha just joking .............

My stepdaughter bought a new iPhone for a very reasonable price, I figured it was a

Chinese knockoff so I checked the label and was relieved to see it was "Made in Mexioc".

i would not be relieved to see it made in a country called "Mexioc"

Once i did get a good deal from "Chaynah"

One day i walked in chinatown and there were sexy dvd's on every stand for sale. Suddenly they all trew a tarp over them and nothing was sold anymore. They got a tip that the police was in the street.

Same on Phantip, i was looking in the book for dvd's when the seller grabbed it out of my hand and hide it, police was coming.

I bought a very cheap Samsung Galaxy TAB from Tukcom and the sales lady made it clear it was a copy. It worked OK, so I gave the ultimate test and gave it to my teenage daughter. A year later it is still working well, unlike the 3 genuine mobile phones she has manage to break.

I believe most of these products, real or fake, are made in the same Chinese factories.

Perhaps it caught a virus.

My stepdaughter bought a new iPhone for a very reasonable price, I figured it was a

Chinese knockoff so I checked the label and was relieved to see it was "Made in Mexioc".

That's OK, just worry if the charger is a knock off...

Time to check your home insurance is not fake... whistling.gif