How to charge for electricity-Rental

I will be renting out my condo soon for a month. Ive charged rent + electricity but whats the best way to ascertain the electric charges? Will the electric company provide me with info for the 4 week period?

I was thinking of reading the meter and then applying the average KWH and working it out from there

Any tips from renters out there?

...we rented a villa in Hua hin 2 months ago. Charge was 6 baht per kW.

They had a daily kW allowance to cover the pool and garden lighting etc that wasn't charged to us. Any excess usage e.g. Air conditioning was paid by us.

Edited by petejjj

Our tenants pay 8 baht a unit. We read the meters on the 25th of each month. When we do this we take a photo of each meter using the free OpenCamera app. This app has an option to add a time and date stamp to the photo.

The MEA reads our meter at the end of the month. We get the bill on the 6th or 7th of the month.

As the previous poster mentioned, just deduct it from the deposit. If this isn't possible, read the meter on the day the tenant leaves and calculate the bill accordingly.

We rent our 7,500 baht studio unit out. Charge 8 baht/ unit for electricity. Water is 100 baht for first 4 units, additional 20 baht / unit.

Go read your own meter, before tenant moves in, or go read the meter together and have him sign a paper with the meter reading.